As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

WH40K: Tonight we're gonna party like it's m40.999 (New Ig on page 66)

• Options
    NaxNax For Sanguinius! Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Sorry, I was muckin' about :P

Nax on
    The following people are amazing and I love them: Wildcat, Timspork, Kias, Denada, susan, Sharp101, [GHSC]Ryctor, Matev, Matrias, ItBurns, Slapnuts, Dayspring, see317, and the unknown poster that sent me a box of Death Company! <3 If you get them as Santees you should buy them amazing things!
  • Options
    Foolish ChaosFoolish Chaos Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Quick question before bed: Thinking deeply about taking a greater daemon in my Khorne Army, I actually looked at summoning rules. It says that in order it for it to be summoned, you have to "replace" a current model, either a champion, lord, sorc, etc. Lets say that I put it in by sacrificing an Independent character, or maybe the last unit in a troop squad (such as a Skull Champion). Does this give a kill point for my opponent?

Edit: Having hilarious images of the last man in a Berserker squad, attempting to hold off a 5 man group of assault marines or something. The assault squad thinks it an easy victory, until the one guy turns into a giant daemon which promptly rips them to shreds. :P

Foolish Chaos on
  • Options
    Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Quick question before bed: Thinking deeply about taking a greater daemon in my Khorne Army, I actually looked at summoning rules. It says that in order it for it to be summoned, you have to "replace" a current model, either a champion, lord, sorc, etc. Lets say that I put it in by sacrificing an Independent character, or maybe the last unit in a troop squad (such as a Skull Champion). Does this give a kill point for my opponent?
    Yes. Replacing an IC would be pretty goddamned retarded, though, since I'm pretty sure you can just choose the model to replace.

Salvation122 on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Yes. Replacing an IC would be pretty goddamned retarded, though, since I'm pretty sure you can just choose the model to replace.

Yeah I know. Just wondering if I found a loophole or not. Guess not. :P Would probably only ever do it if I knew the IC would die without time to act (locked in combat with a powerfist against high int guys with one wound left, for example). Though it would be incredibly situational.

Will probably just take an un-upgraded skull champion just for this purpose.

Foolish Chaos on
  • Options
    MaydayMayday Cutting edge goblin tech Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    There is an error in that flow chart.
    All the Y and N on the left side should be switched. (except for the first one).

Mayday on
  • Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Had you guys not seen the ork flow chart before?
    How about this one?
    1224121921426.jpg

Dayspring on
    My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    So I have an armament choice I just made for my guard. I've been filling out the squads and permanently assigning the, heavy and special weapons. Two of my platoons have been issued missile launchers and grenade launchers, another platoon gets missile launchers and flamers, while the Recon Platoon has sniper rifles and grenade launchers.

I did it this way because I imagine the squads would be issued with simple, easy to maintaining, and light, weapons that are pretty much useful in any situation. All other heavy and special weapons being much more complicated, rare, or specialized have been assigned to regimental command and only issued to squads when they are needed.

Make sense?

I'm also going back and giving each squad a Vox since they look like they are going to be awesome come May.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Canada_jezusCanada_jezus Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I think you're kind of overthinking your heavy weapons distribution but eh its your army.

Eldar infantry list, anyone have any comments before i buy all of this? (except the avatar and two troops choices cuz i got that already)
    HQ 310 points

Prince Yriel 155

Elites 212

10 man Striking Scorpions 212
    -Exarch +12
    -Scorpions claw +15
    -stalker shadowstrike +25

Troops 494

10 guardians 85
    -shuriken cannon 5

10 guardians 95
    -scatter laser 15

10-man Dire Avengers Squad- 152 points
    -Exarch +12
    -Two Shuriken catapults +5
    -Bladestorm +15

10-man Dire Avengers Squad - 162
    -Exarch +12
    -Power weapon shimmer shield +15
    -Defend +15

Heavy support 475

Fire Prism- 160 points
    -Spirit Stones +10
    -Holo Fields +35

Fire Prism- 160 points
    -Spirit Stones +10
    -Holo Fields +35

Wraithlord 155
    -Brightlance +40
    -Eldar missile Launcher +25

Canada_jezus on
  • Options
    NaxNax For Sanguinius! Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I think you're kind of overthinking your heavy weapons distribution but eh its your army.

HERESY!

Nax on
    The following people are amazing and I love them: Wildcat, Timspork, Kias, Denada, susan, Sharp101, [GHSC]Ryctor, Matev, Matrias, ItBurns, Slapnuts, Dayspring, see317, and the unknown poster that sent me a box of Death Company! <3 If you get them as Santees you should buy them amazing things!
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Nax wrote: »

HERESY!

I'll heresy your butt.

Canada_jezus on
  • Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    no warlocks/farseer for the sleepy wraithlord?

Dayspring on
    My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Sweet Jesus, if any of this is even close to being true...
    Wow thats cool.
    Summary:
    Troops:
    Penal Conscripts: LD 8; Scout, Stubborn, Desperados

Chimera 55pts; 12/10/10; Standard with Multilaser and hull heavy bolter; Upgrade Multilaser to Heavy Bolter or heavy flamer for free; storm bolter or heavy stubber +10pts; Hunter killer Missile 10pts; Dozer Blade +10; extra armor +15; camo net +20.

Hellhound 12/12/10 Tank, Fast (Inferno Cannon R12 S6 AP4 Heavy 1 Template no rolls to hit on partials)
    Devildog 12/12/10 Tank, Fast (Fusion Cannnon R24 S8 Ap1 Heavy 1 Blast)
    Bane Wolf 12/12/10 Tank, Fast ("Chemical Cannon" S1 AP3 Heavy1 Template; Always hits on 2+)

All Leman Russ: Move 6" and fire all weapons or fire nothing and move 6" plus roll 1d6 and move 3,5,8,12,15 inches more.

LR Battle Tank 14/13/10
    LR Exterminator 14/13/10 (Autocannon, Twin Linked Heavy 4)
    LR Vanquisher 14/13/10 (AP2 Heavy 1 +1d6 to penetration)
    LR Eradicator 14/13/10 (Nova Cannon, 36" S6 AP4 Ordnance, Ignore Cover Save)
    LR Demolisher 14/13/11
    LR Punisher 14/13/11 (Punisher Gatling Cannon 24" S5 AP- Heavy 20)
    LR Executioner 14/13/11 (Plasma Executioner Cannon 36" S7 AP3 Heavy 3)

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Mr. JinglesMr. Jingles Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I have a question for you all. What weapons come in the Assault Terminator box, and how many? Any heavy weapons?

Mr. Jingles on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Yeah i know, i just couldn't be arsed to spend 30-85 points just to chill with the wraithlord. I guess i could exchange the wraithlord for non completely optimal falcon.

edit: Maybe war walkers would make more sense.

Canada_jezus on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I have a question for you all. What weapons come in the Assault Terminator box, and how many? Any heavy weapons?

Here is the sprue: http://www.spacemarines.co.uk/warhammer/warhammer40k/boxContentsImages/terminatorCloseCombatSquad.htm

Foolish Chaos on
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Wow, that Bane Wolf looks like a total waste of page space. Wounds grots on a 5+! Yeeha!

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    But then it says it hits on a 2+. When do you ever roll to hit with a template weapon?

Foolish Chaos on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Magic 8 ball indicates these rumors are not truuuuuue. Thats the vibe i'm getting anyway.

Canada_jezus on
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    But then it says it hits on a 2+. When do you ever roll to hit with a template weapon?
    Then I'd swing the exact opposite way and say a AP 3 template weapon that wounds on a 2+ would be waaaaaaaaay too strong.

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Options
    Mr. JinglesMr. Jingles Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Thanks man, that helps a lot. But hmm that means I have to buy a squad of regular terminators to add a heavy weapon to my Assault on Black Reach squad. I was kind of hoping for a havoc launcher on the Assault Terminators.

Mr. Jingles on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Managed to find Kell and Creed for cheap. I now officially have every unit in the current codex. Bring on May.

Librarian's ghost on

• Options
    TheBogTheBog Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Guys... the Punisher gattling cannon.. heavy20? That can't possibly be real.

TheBog on
  • Options
    IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Yeah, I'm officially calling BS on a couple of those.

Ianator on
    steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Hmmm I'm sorely tempted to modify this Kell guy that came with Creed so his flag says "Arcadia" instead of Cadia, and VI instead of VIII.

[]Yes
    []No
    []Rock On

Librarian's ghost on

• Options
    Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Hmmm I'm sorely tempted to modify this Kell guy that came with Creed so his flag says "Arcadia" instead of Cadia, and VI instead of VIII.

[X]Yes
    []No
    [X]Rock On

Sharp101 on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Why do you ask questions you already know the answer to?

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Options
    SJSJ College. Forever.Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    That doesn't eliminate the necessity of the questions.

SJ on
  • Options
    kf1kf1 Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I need some advice regarding Guard.

Would a 6 man Stormtrooper squad w/ 2 plasma guns and mounted in a Chimera be worthwhile or a waste of points?

kf1 on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    kf1 wrote: »

Would a 6 man Stormtrooper squad w/ 2 plasma guns and mounted in a Chimera be worthwhile or a waste of points?

Is this unit in a vacuum?

SJ on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Why do you ask questions you already know the answer to?

Yeah I actually posted that then went down stairs and got to work. I removed the head and replaced it with a resin Forgeworld head with respirator like the stormtroopers. I then removed the roman numerals and Cadia. Arcadia will be hand painted but the roman numeral 6 have been GSed on.

Creed, Or "Doc Hopper" as I like to call him, will be painted in the standard color scheme. I also got another of the newer Orgyns bringing me up to 4 total.

I also finished the three tanks I'm adding for the 1500 point Paint and Play tomorrow.

The list will be:

HQ: Leman Russ Exterminator, Hull HB, Side HBs, Extra Armor.
    Elite: Leman Russ Vanquisher, Huss Lascannon, Extra Armor.
    Troop: Leman Russ, Hull Lascannon, Extra Armor.
    Troop: Leman Russ, Hull HB, Extra Armor.
    Troop: Leman Russ, Hull HB, Extra Armor.
    Heavy: Leman Russ Demolisher. Hull HB, Extra Armor.

I'm actually 70 points short...o_O

Librarian's ghost on

• Options
    edited February 2009
    kf1 wrote: »

Hmmm, 165 for what you mention with no chimera upgrades (besides a hull HB) and nothing on the Sarge. Might be a decent distraction unit. Run it up a side and force your opponent to shoot it.

Librarian's ghost on

• Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

[]Yes
    []No
    [XXXXXXXX]Rock On
    Et in Arcadia Ego?

Wildcat on
  • Options
    Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Question: Played a 1.5k game with my imperial guard against nids, and it ended up being kill points and setting up in corners.

What we weren't sure on, was reserves and outflanking.

Now I was set up on the right side, and his stealers rolled for outflanking, and arrived the right side. So he came on at the corner where my troops were deployed, and promptly assaulted my Russ, (and destroyed it).

I think we got that right, but it does seem somewhat harsh, in that he came on at a table edge, and did such a thing, and there was really nothing I could have done about it.

I know when something arrives by deepstrike, unless they have rules saying otherwise, they can't assault, but is the same true for outflanking?

It didn't matter, next turn they got to eat heavy flamer from 2 sentinels I had keeping things tidy.

Game ended in a draw (10 kill points each). If the game had gone on for another turn, my army would have been wiped out.

Redcoat-13 on
    PSN Fleety2009
  • Options
    alqadimalqadim Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Ok.. conundrum.. I have 3 large armies. With the 2nd kiddo on the way, my smaller army (grey knights) and one of my three large armies has to go. I <3 My guard so they are off limits.. This leaves my large orkish WAAGH or my very large dark angels army.... So... With that said which army becomes sale fodder?

Dark Angels [ ]
    Orks [ ]
    Eat the baby and keep all three [ ]

alqadim on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    alqadim wrote: »
    Ok.. conundrum.. I have 3 large armies. With the 2nd kiddo on the way, my smaller army (grey knights) and one of my three large armies has to go. I <3 My guard so they are off limits.. This leaves my large orkish WAAGH or my very large dark angels army.... So... With that said which army becomes sale fodder?

Dark Angels [XXXXXXXX]
    Orks [ ]
    Eat the baby and keep all three [ ]

What the hell kind of question is that.

Also, congratulations!

SJ on
  • Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    What kind of Grey Knights are we talking here?

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    The Grey Knights are going regardless.

SJ on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I want to know to see if I would like to buy them.

TheLawinator on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    oooooooh

I see what's going on here

SJ on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Yea, nice detective work there. Of course, Orkz have never been known for their intelligence.

TheLawinator on