As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Flatting Tutorial: Color your comics quickly!

2»

• Options
    AllanAllan Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I would but I already deleted it. The difference seemed to be like the difference on the rings of the notebook--it is a little bit darker (aka, thicker) in mine rather than in yours.

I was guessing that you probably did yours the way you do because of underlying pencil work, which makes a lot of sense, and if I ever do inks with pencil I will definitely test out your steps to see how grand it looks!

Allan on
    banndd1av6.gifbannerdd2or5.gif
  • Options
    ManonvonSuperockManonvonSuperock Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    yeah, i've actually got 4 or 5 actions depending on my lineart. I've got one for thick, cartoonish lines. One for thin, detailed stuff, one for when i use really absorbent paper (it has an extra step to deal with the little absorption jaggies), etc.

It's kind of cool to have the options, like I'll scan something, run the action i think is best for it and if it doesn't look good i might run a different one. It's rare I have to do it by hand for any images now.

ManonvonSuperock on
  • Options
    tpirotpiro Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Thanks for posting your approach Manonvon. It's always interesting to see how other people attack these problems.

tpiro on
    header_sm.jpg
  • Options
    NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Allan wrote: »
    I would but I already deleted it. The difference seemed to be like the difference on the rings of the notebook--it is a little bit darker (aka, thicker) in mine rather than in yours.

I'd say that your way of doing that is darker all around. Not by much, but just enough to be noticeable side by side.

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • Options
    AllanAllan Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Yeah, exactly, though that would be easy to change, re: I just turn down the threshold level a little.

Allan on
    banndd1av6.gifbannerdd2or5.gif