As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Monitor/Video card help?

Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
So I've been having running problems with my monitor for a while now in that when I turn it on it blacks out after like three seconds. The power light stays on but the screen turns off. After figuring out it wasn't a problem with the monitor cable or monitor power cord I switched from the TFT to an old CRT (several, in fact) and with the CRT the screen has a tendancy to flicker every so often.
This weekend the graphics card finally died a death so I switched it out for a new one hoping that would fix the problems however they continue to persist.
Is it just a case of my monitors being too old and its time to move on to a new one, or is the problem something that will cause me more hassle to deal with?
Any help you fine people can provide on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
Dyvim Tvar on