As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

KendeathwalkerKendeathwalker Registered User regular
edited May 2015 in Help / Advice Forum

Kendeathwalker on

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Yes my friend. Quicken is what you want. It is fantastic.

http://quicken.intuit.com/small-business-finance/home-business.jsp

You'll want the one that has small business in it. Or home business.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    KendeathwalkerKendeathwalker Registered User regular
    edited May 2015

Kendeathwalker on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Yeah you probably have just the home user one. The business one should tell you how much taxes you should be putting aside too. While I haven't used this directly myself, the accountant where I work swears by it.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    CronusCronus Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    bowen wrote: »
    Yeah you probably have just the home user one. The business one should tell you how much taxes you should be putting aside too. While I haven't used this directly myself, the accountant where I work swears by it.

I've heard of several accountants swear by it as well. The thing that was weird to me was the they all used the online one. It's cool that you can get at it anywhere, but what happens when you need to access your financial info and then the site is down, or your internet access is down. And personally I wouldn't want my financial info in the cloud.

But all in all what I've heard matches what Bowen's heard. Accountants <3 Quicken.

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    A former client of mine actually runs her entire business (local newspaper) on Quicken. I feel like I'm a quicken whore or something.

bowen on
  • Options
    YourFatAuntSusanYourFatAuntSusan Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Simply Accounting is another alternative.

YourFatAuntSusan on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    DragonPupDragonPup Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    For the love of the Omnissiah, make sure you back up your files. I believe 7 years is the generally accepted length to keep the files.

DragonPup on
    "I was there, I was there, the day Horus slew the Emperor." -Cpt Garviel Loken

Currently painting: Slowly [flickr]