As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Old Fallout Thread: Make Way for the New Fallout Thread~

• Options
    UselesswarriorUselesswarrior Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    So I was playing with the following mods last night and they are all awesome.

GNR -- More Where That Came
    Even for people who aren't interested in running mods, this one is essential. It adds 100 more songs to GNR, songs that actually fit the game very well, not random shit. Check it out.

Lork's Sprint mod
    Awesome little mod. Very reminiscent of the sprite feature in Stalker.

Mart's Mutant Mod
    Good mod that does alot of stuff including added much needed variety to monsters and increasing spawns (optional). I am just going to include the description in spoiler tags.
    ::: Overview :::

This mod is a port of MMM from Oblivion to Fallout 3. It focuses on adding a huge range of diversity to creatures and NPCs in the Fallout 3 world as well as adding new and unique creatures and NPCs to encounter. The mod is broken down into a core base and a range of optional modules.

The key results the mod achieves are:

* Every creature and NPC is unique with its own stats, size, confidence, health, damage and even skin (texture)
    * Creatures and NPCs suffer improved wounding effects such as visible bleedng and statistic penalties
    * Creatures and NPCs can loot the corpses of fallen enemies, afterwhich you can find this loot if you kill them
    * Creatures and NPCs have improved behavioural AI based on class -- in any given group some may be aggressive towards you, some may be ambivalent, and others may avoid you outright.
    * Configurable increased spawns allow you tailor how many creatures and NPCs spawn in the game at any given spawn point
    * Improved faction system to better reflect inter-faction relations and ensure the player isn't the center of the universe
    * New creatures and NPCs to add variety to the wasteland -- all hand-crafted with their own stats, abilities, loot, weapons, textures and in some cases scripted AI behaviour.

Main features include:

:: Stat scaling

All creatures and NPCs have a sliding-scale random modified adjustment to their base values for STR, END, PER, INT, AGI, LUC, Speed and Health.

The adjustments range -3 to 3, with the following percentages: 30% no change, 30% -1/+1, 30% -2/+2, 10% -3/+3.

The exceptions are STR, END and Health values which are based on size (see next), as are loot drops for creatures (see below), where larger creatures are stronger, have more endurance, and more health.

:: Size scaling

Isn't it a little bit odd that all creatues and NPCs are identical in size? Indeed, so size scaling randomly adjusts size based off base value between a factor of +/- 20% for creatures, and +/- 12.5% for NPCs (though it's actually weighted -10% to +15%.). It's not quite a blanket rule -- Ghouls for example follow size scaling closer to NPCs, given they were formerely people.

As above, size is more than just visual variety -- it impacts the strength, endurance, and health. Larger creatures hit harder, and last longer.

:: Size based loot

Larger creatures will drop more meat, smaller ones less (or none at all). This may be expanded in future to include other types of loot.

:: Factions

A new faction system through the optional Natural Selection plugin ensures you're not always the center of the universe -- creatures and NPCs have foes they might consider more dangerous than you, and act accordingly.

Additionally a special No Attack faction protects Scavengers, their pets, and optionally traders (with the Tougher Traders) plugin from being attacked, without the need to mark them Essential (and thus prevent the player from killing them). It's also used for special creatures in the mod, such as the passive Wasteland Scorpion and Corpse Flies being largely ignored in favour of bigger threats.

:: Behaviour AI

Why is it that most creatures and NPCs seem to be hostile, despite the fact that in order to survive a creature or NPC still needs to pick its fights (otherwise, how did it last this long?)

Changes to wildlife on a creature-by-creature basis reflect that not all MoleRats are suicidal, and even a Vicious Dog can have the sense to avoid a fight it's got no chance of winning. NPCs, as well, can have a greater sense of self-preservation but to a lesser degree than creatures and, as with size and stat scaling, the chances are randomised based off their base value -- so Raiders are more likely to turn tail and run than Outcast for example.

:: Diverse Creature Skins

Most creatures in Fallout 3 have only a single texture, making every creature a clone of the next. Diverse Creature Skins provides a range of texture variants for each and every creature, so when you encounter a pack of rabid, yet slightly cute, MoleRats they all look a little different. This is one of those features that sounds simple but makes a huge impact in-game.

These are some of the creatues and the number of variants in the mod:

* 3 Brahmin
    * 3 Radroach
    * 3 Deathclaw
    * 3 Giant Ant
    * 4 Molerat
    * 4 Yao Guai
    * 5 Centaur
    * 5 RadScorpion
    * 20 Feral Ghoul
    * 104 Supermutant

:: Diverse NPCs

Just like Diverse Creature Skins, the NPCs in the game also get some treatment. Mostly, and for the moment, this focuses on Raider diversity and includes 100 Raider variants all with new unique faces, hair, etc. Additionally, there are 12 variable tattoos styles which are mixed and matched across 28 different race variations.

The result is a much wider scope of Raider appearance you will encouter in the game, and greatly fleshes them out as a faction in the Wasteland.

:: New Creatures & NPCs

What's an MMM without new creatures and NPCs? Just to start, the first release of MMM for Fallout 3 will have:

* Supermutant Gargantuan -- the guy the Behemoth goes to when he runs home to mummy. You don't want to meet mummy. Really, seriously. What, you got a death wish? Ok...
    * Firelurk -- just when you thought the Mirelurks couldn't get any more dangerous, one of these brethren will show up. As the name suggests he's a Mirelurk, only he breathes fire... he also drops a unique loot: Firelurk Saliva. Hey, what do you think he's using for fuel?
    * Wasteland Scorpion -- first of many passive creatures. This is a small, loner creature (just like the real thing) which will avoid you if it can. It just wants to find a rock and live to see another day. Be kind, eh? Or not.
    * Wild Dog -- semi-passive wasteland scavenger. He's no friend to the Vicious Dogs, but he's not necessarily yours either. Push him into a corner and he'll fight, otherwise he'll probably leave you alone.
    * Night Ghouls -- You've heard reports of Ghouls roaming the wasteland at night, but you didn't believe them. You still won't... that is until you run into them first hand. They travel in packs, and see better in the dark than you too. Oh, for a bigger torch than the Pip-Boy...
    * Corpse Fly -- These little creatures have a chance to appear at a corpse after a number of hours. They are ignored by other creatures and NPCs and a non-hostile, though you can take pot-shots at them in VATS if you want to. They add a unique dynamic to the Fallout 3 world, where even the smallest creatures can be seen to scavenge...

Between size scaling, stat scaling, behaviour and diverse skins every creature you meet is literally unique. See a group of Vicious Dogs? Each one looks different, has its own temperament, has its own size, moves at its own speed, has its own endurance and health, and its own strength and damage. Fighting in the wasteland will never be the same, every encounter is unique!

:: Other features

* Night Ghouls that appear only at night, and are faster and stronger than normal Feral Ghouls
    * Wild Dogs and Wasteland Scorpions may appear at wasteland spawn points, and are generally passive
    * 3% chance of a special Supermutant spawn with muties, which includes 8 variant Behemoths and the Supermutant Gargantuan
    * A new food -- Radscorp Meat -- added to Radscorps. Afterall, you can eat pretty much everything else. It heals well but has high rads
    * Slightly reduced chance of Robots and Radscorps for wasteland spawn points
    * Evergreen Mills Behemoth replaced with Gargantuan (great in tandem with Increased Spawns)
    * Robots aren't included in stats/size/confidence scaling -- afterall, they are machines, produced identically off the production line
    * Corpse Flies may appear at corpses after a certain amount of time. They can be VATS targeted and killed, if you feel like some sharpshooting
    * GMSTs adjusted to extend corpse lifetime, the number of corpses before cleanup, and the number of actors able to be in combat at one time.
    * Centaur base size and hitpoints increased (more tweaks like this may follow, or other mods can adjust such factors)

::: Optional plugins :::

Naturally, MMMF3 comes with a range of plugins to add features or alter the operation of the mod. In this release you will find:

:: Increased Spawns

Both the Increased Spawns and Increased Increased Spawns modules enable the same functionality from the standalone MMMF3 - Increased Spawns mod you're probably already using.

If you currently use the standalone Increased Spawns the MMMF3 installation will overwrite this for you and replace it with the required module for MMMF3.

Increased Spawns adds 1-3 spawns per spawn point, while Increased Increased adds 2-5 per point. The feature is actually configurable, and you can set whatever range you want by editing either plugin and changing the MMMzIncreasedSpawnsMin and MMMzIncreasedSpawnsMax values.

For more information on how the plugin works, see the README - Increased Spawns file.

:: Zones Respawn

By default most areas, especially interiors, in Fallout 3 are marked as 'Never Resets' such that once you clear an area, it stays cleared. This module enables these areas to respawn, with the exception of areas which shouldn't, such as the Vaults and some areas related to the main quest line.

Note: This mod does not change or provide modules to change the amount of time before a cell 'resets', which defaults to 3 days. There are plenty of other mods to change this for you.

:: Feral Ghoul Rampage

For those zombie movie addicts, Feral Ghoul Rampage multiplies the volume of Feral Ghoul spanws by 5, on top of the result from Increased Spawns. So for example if you are using Increase Spanws instead of 1-3 Feral Ghouls you will see 5-15 at any Feral Ghoul Spawn point. If you load this with Increased Increased spawns, make sure you're packing nukes!

[:: Wounding Effects ] -- in development

While crippling works quite well in Fallout 3, does it make sense that a SuperMutant near death is able to swing his nailboard as hard as when he first met you?

With wounding, pentalties are applied against certain statistics the more wounded they become -- badly wounded enemies will hit with less damage, aim less accurately, and move slower.

Bleeding effects will add spurting blood to wounded creatures and NPCs which starts midly and increases as they become more wounded.

:: Natural Selection

Author: ACE

While some factions behave as you would expect in Fallout 3, many others don't. Natural Selection ensures creatures and NPCs properly attack or ignore foes logically based on type, as well as ensure the PC isn't the centre of the universe -- tired of a dog thinking you're the most dangerous creature in the universe while a SuperMutant bears down on you both? Not anymore!

Thanks to ACE for working with me on this and creating the plugin.

:: Tougher Traders

By default MMMF3 will automatically protect Scavengers from being beat-up on by the local wildlife, while still enabling them to be killed by the player, and the same is true of Traders if you load this plugin. Traders were made optional for this protection so that you can use mods like Roadwarden where you play quests to protect Traders from attack. If you don't want Traders getting killed off mid-game, load this.

:: Hunting & Looting

The Wasteland is a dangerous place where resources are sparse -- so why do NPCs like Raiders kill a foe and just leave all that good loot lying around? With this plugin creatures & NPCs will loot the corpses of fallen foes, taking what they can. If you then kill them, you will find this loot on their corpse. This can include weapons, ammo, armour, food, and drugs.

This adds much more than a simple dynamic to the game. NPCs for example may pick up extra weapons to use as a backup, or find more stimpacks to heal themselves. When you find an NPC, he could well be using a weapon he looted from the corpse of a foe further down the road.

Note: In the Beta only NPCs are included. Additionally, in Fallout 3 currently (as I may be able to fudge this) NPCs only pickup weapon types they don't currently have. For example if they have a ranged weapon but no melee weapons, they may pickup a baseball bat but ignore a gun. They also can't pickup equipped items on corpses, a limitation carried over from Oblivion. For this reason you'll find grenades, food, drugs, etc looted more often than weapons and armor (maybe this a good thing we don't want to change, leaving you to get them).

:: No Corpse Flies

A simple plugin to prevent Corpse Flies from appearing at Corpses after a number of hours, as they can have a performance impact. That said Corpse Flies have been significantly enahnced since the Alpha, now coming with a unique texture, optimised model, optimised code, and reduced numbers.
    I was playing with the Feral Ghoul apocalypse mod enabled and I can't decide if it is silly or awesome. Probably the latter.
    screenshot87370.jpg.xs.jpg

Can anyone recommend any additional mods? I am looking for one that either slows down level or changes(removes) the cap, there are quite a few out there that do this, but I was looking for the best ones available.

Uselesswarrior on
    Hey I made a game, check it out @ http://ifallingrobot.com/. (Or don't, your call)
  • Options
    JorilJoril BelgiumRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Anchorage is rather short, but I absentmindedly missed a few intel cases right at the start so I didn't get the new perk.
    I'm thinking of playing it through again over the weekend. Although I'm still in doubt, not much use having it on a heavy+energy weapons guy.
    The Gauss Rifle is pretty fun. Definitely going to take that to the wasteland.

Joril on
    bonesnacksig.jpg
  • Options
    DeaderinredDeaderinred Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Egos wrote: »
    so be truthful with me are the scenes with Tulip hawt?

damn right it was, ive asked her to marry me after i found out she was pregnant and i got some ointment for my glowing crotch.

Deaderinred on
  • Options
    El ExtremoEl Extremo Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Egos wrote: »
    so be truthful with me are the scenes with Tulip hawt?

damn right it was, ive asked her to marry me after i found out she was pregnant and i got some ointment for my glowing crotch.

Glowing with love.

El Extremo on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Strikerkc wrote: »
    Buttcleft wrote: »
    I'm not going to be buying the DLC.

I've already paid 70 for the game, I'm not going to rack that up to a full 100 just because they pick things up off the cutting room floor and say " Hay, this sucked before, but now lets make it DLC and make monies on it <3 "

But Buttcleft, if you don't have the DLC, how will you write short obscene fan fics about them... D:

with my IMAGINATION
    imaginationcl2.th.jpg

.... Wait

I'm not writing fanfic, god damnit. I merely used short blurbs as a evil tool, for misery.

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    freakish lightfreakish light butterdick jones and his heavenly asshole machineRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009

I've already paid 70 for the game, I'm not going to rack that up to a full 100 just because they pick things up off the cutting room floor and say " Hay, this sucked before, but now lets make it DLC and make monies on it <3 "

But Buttcleft, if you don't have the DLC, how will you write short obscene fan fics about them... D:

with my IMAGINATION
    imaginationcl2.th.jpg

.... Wait

I'm not writing fanfic, god damnit. I merely used short blurbs as a evil tool, for misery.

Ironically, the only misery you caused was your own.

freakish light on
  • Options
    edited January 2009

with my IMAGINATION
    imaginationcl2.th.jpg

.... Wait

The opinion of a man who uses Moira nude mods and masturbates furiously to them mean little to me. :whistle:

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    CarcharodontosaurusCarcharodontosaurus Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Well, at least Operation: Anchorage now appears as an item in the Australian Games for Windows Live Marketplace.

Shame it still leads to an error page though! :evil:

Carcharodontosaurus on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Darth NathanDarth Nathan Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Well, at least Operation: Anchorage now appears as an item in the Australian Games for Windows Live Marketplace.

That's strange, it always did this for me.

What the heck is going on at GFWL Australia? Revolution? Vacation? Somebody fart?

On that note, if I kill 3-Dog in a mess of blood and stupid dialogue, does GNR still broadcast?

Darth Nathan on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    yalborapyalborap Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

What the heck is going on at GFWL Australia? Revolution? Vacation? Somebody fart?

On that note, if I kill 3-Dog in a mess of blood and stupid dialogue, does GNR still broadcast?

yes, with a new host.

yalborap on
  • Options
    edited January 2009

IT'S HERE! OPERATION: ANCHORAGE IS NOW AVAILABLE IN THE AUSTRALIAN GAMES FOR WINDOWS LIVE MARKETPLACE! :D

I guess I shall use a character specialising in Big Guns for the DLC. Miniguns were always such wonderful weapons.

Carcharodontosaurus on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    StrikerkcStrikerkc Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    yalborap wrote: »
    yes, with a new host.

Really, I thought they just kept 3 dog on, as all his on air stuff is suposed taped any ways (since you can hear him talking on the radio while you're holding a face to face conversation with him)

Who the heck hosts it?
    I guess I shall use a character specialising in Big Guns for the DLC. Miniguns were always such wonderful weapons.

Small guns only (well, you can have a missile launcher...). There is one energy weapon in it...
    gaus rifle

Strikerkc on
  • Options
    FireWeaselFireWeasel Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    yes, with a new host.

Really, I thought they just kept 3 dog on, as all his on air stuff is suposed taped any ways (since you can hear him talking on the radio while you're holding a face to face conversation with him)

Who the heck hosts it?

YOU DO.

In the wasteland, one must KILL prior DJs in order to take their place.

FireWeasel on
    AC:CL Wii -- 3824-2125-9336 City: Felinito Me: Nick
  • Options
    ironzergironzerg Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    So, not to derail all the O:A excitement, but last night I used GoG.com to download Fallout 2.

Holy shit, rose colored glasses x infinity. Great game at the time, and I have nothing but the fondest memories of Fallout 1 and 2. But anyone who argues that FO3 is far inferior to the original needs to have their head examine.

You may now return to your thread in progress.

ironzerg on
  • Options
    edited January 2009

IT'S HERE! OPERATION: ANCHORAGE IS NOW AVAILABLE IN THE AUSTRALIAN GAMES FOR WINDOWS LIVE MARKETPLACE! :D

Excellent. Anyone who's played it, how do sneaky characters fare in what I've heard is a very combat heavy mission?

Also are we done bitching about MS funbucks? Stupid things, now I've got 200 things of currency that I'm not going to bloody well use.

Darth Nathan on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    UselesswarriorUselesswarrior Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    ironzerg wrote: »
    So, not to derail all the O:A excitement, but last night I used GoG.com to download Fallout 2.

Holy shit, rose colored glasses x infinity. Great game at the time, and I have nothing but the fondest memories of Fallout 1 and 2. But anyone who argues that FO3 is far inferior to the original needs to have their head examine.

You may now return to your thread in progress.

Both Fallout 1 and 2 are really inaccessable at the offset, but if you stick with it the games become better. I am enjoying my time with Fallout 1, however I agree with you that people has some extreme nostilga glasses when view the fallout games.

The interface has always been horrible, the pathing bad, the world feels empty with most npcs having no or little dialogue, I could go on and on, but it is still one of my favorite rpg of all time.

Uselesswarrior on
    Hey I made a game, check it out @ http://ifallingrobot.com/. (Or don't, your call)
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Excellent. Anyone who's played it, how do sneaky characters fare in what I've heard is a very combat heavy mission?

My spoiler has no mission specifics, but I'm hiding it becuase some people may not want to know the general break down for "style" of game play.
    -First half comprised of a single "mission", first half of the mission is great for sneaky people, second half can be a little odd for sneaky folks
    -next 2/3 can be great for sneaky/sniper types. (2 small "missions")
    -last 1/3 (1 final "mission"), is very up close and personal, guns & glory all the way.

Strikerkc on
  • Options
    JCRooksJCRooks Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

Yeah, the Fallout 3 DLC is working in Australia now. There were ... issues. Those responsible have been flogged. (Okay, not really, but I've always wanted to say that) :P

If people are still having problems (and if you're under 18, it's a known issue with the team), go to the GFW.com Forums: http://forums.gamesforwindows.com/. I know the team closely monitors forums there, so please help us out if you have problems, suggestions, flames, etc.

JCRooks on
    Xbox LIVE, Steam, Twitter, etc. ...
    Gamertag: Rooks
    - Don't add me, I'm at/near the friend limit :)

Steam: JC_Rooks

Twitter: http://twitter.com/JiunweiC

I work on this: http://www.xbox.com
  • Options
    edited January 2009

My spoiler has no mission specifics, but I'm hiding it becuase some people may not want to know the general break down for "style" of game play.
    -First half comprised of a single "mission", first half of the mission is great for sneaky people, second half can be a little odd for sneaky folks
    -next 2/3 can be great for sneaky/sniper types. (2 small "missions")
    -last 1/3 (1 final "mission"), is very up close and personal, guns & glory all the way.

Oh ok, sounds good, my guess was that Beth wouldn't make it inaccessible to people who weren't shotgun-to-the-face specced.

Also, the humourous side of me appreciates that in the GFWL page it lists O:A's genre as Post-Nuclear Roleplaying.

Darth Nathan on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    yes, with a new host.

Who the heck hosts it?

Small guns only (well, you can have a missile launcher...). There is one energy weapon in it...
    gaus rifle

But the screenshots show soldiers wielding Miniguns. Are they NPC only or somesuch?

Also are we done bitching about MS funbucks? Stupid things, now I've got 200 things of currency that I'm not going to bloody well use.

Do what I plan to do; they sell 1500 Point cards here in Australia, and there are two more Fallout 3 DLC packages coming in the next two months each costing 800 Points. If you grab a 1500 Point card, you'll have 1700 Points, which means only 100 Points left over when you get both The Pitt and Broken Steel.

Not ideal, I'll grant you, but it minimises the amount of MS funbucks you've got lying around doing nothing.

Carcharodontosaurus on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    There are eventualy troopers with mini guns and power armor, they are not you. :(

Strikerkc on
  • Options
    edited January 2009

Do what I plan to do; they sell 1500 Point cards here in Australia, and there are two more Fallout 3 DLC packages coming in the next two months each costing 800 Points. If you grab a 1500 Point card, you'll have 1700 Points, which means only 100 Points left over when you get both The Pitt and Broken Steel.

Not ideal, I'll grant you, but it minimises the amount of MS funbucks you've got lying around doing nothing.

Not a bad idea really, but have those prices been confirmed or is the general opinion that all the packs will cost the same? My money's on that Broken Steel will cost more. 10 more levels is a LOT more content.

Darth Nathan on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    freakish lightfreakish light butterdick jones and his heavenly asshole machineRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009

with my IMAGINATION
    imaginationcl2.th.jpg

.... Wait

The opinion of a man who uses Moira nude mods and masturbates furiously to them mean little to me. :whistle:

That's not true. I can't really get into it unless she's dead.

Anyway, I have the 360 version so I can't use mods.

freakish light on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    There are eventualy troopers with mini guns and power armor, they are not you. :(

So I take it the DLC is mainly Small Guns, a single specialist Energy Weapon, and one dubiously useful Melee Weapon?

I guess I'll have to rethink my character concept a little. :P

Not a bad idea really, but have those prices been confirmed or is the general opinion that all the packs will cost the same? My money's on that Broken Steel will cost more. 10 more levels is a LOT more content.

It's just general opinion right now unfortunately. The Pitt will probably be 800 Points, but you're right about Broken Steel. A new ending, 10 more levels, and lots of extra content sounds to be worth more than 800 Points.

Carcharodontosaurus on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2009

So I take it the DLC is mainly Small Guns, a single specialist Energy Weapon, and one dubiously useful Melee Weapon?

The only important thing is that your character have solid use of small guns, that is all. If you have a character that can't use small guns in any capacity then that is the only character type that will have trouble (even then if you have a melle specialist yuo can still probably do fine if yuo don't have small guns)
    you can get a gaus rifle for the second half of the game only if you have a high speech ability. You must convice the quarter master to give you something with more kick. He gives you the gaus rifle if you pass, he tells you to bugger off if you don't

Strikerkc on
  • Options
    edited January 2009

The only important thing is that your character have solid use of small guns, that is all. If you have a character that can't use small guns in any capacity then that is the only character type that will have trouble (even then if you have a melle specialist yuo can still probably do fine if yuo don't have small guns)
    you can get a gaus rifle for the second half of the game only if you have a high speech ability. You must convice the quarter master to give you something with more kick. He gives you the gaus rifle if you pass, he tells you to bugger off if you don't

Anything but big guns only can get through it decently. I had an unarmed-only dude who just punched his way through, and an energy weapons girl who used the gauss rifle and an assault rifle for backup. A few 'nades to mop up the extras, and it was simple.

yalborap on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    That's not true. I can't really get into it unless she's dead.

I have no op which to put this in.

But I shall find someplace suitable for which to enshrine it.

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    SoulGateSoulGate Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Whoever posted that link to the updated MMM pack, WoW. That looks awesome, and I'm going to try it. Do you think I'll have to create a new game to avoid any bugs/crashes?

And Freakish light, You premature ejaculator. You coulda kept that other thread open at least till page 99. :P

I do hope Bethesda puts more effort into The Pitt though, from what that guy in the BoS described it sounds aawweesome. From what people say about O:A, it isn't worth my purchase.

SoulGate on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    SoulGate wrote: »
    Whoever posted that link to the updated MMM pack, WoW. That looks awesome, and I'm going to try it. Do you think I'll have to create a new game to avoid any bugs/crashes?

And Freakish light, You premature ejaculator. You coulda kept that other thread open at least till page 99. :P

I do hope Bethesda puts more effort into The Pitt though, from what that guy in the BoS described it sounds aawweesome. From what people say about O:A, it isn't worth my purchase.

It's been going faster since the DLC, and I had to work all day. I think I was justified in going early.

freakish light on
  • Options
    JoeslopJoeslop Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    So a few years ago I remember reading about a mod for Oblivion that let people play multiplayer. I don't remember if it was LAN or Internet based, but I know it was pretty early in the life of the mod.

Did that ever get off the ground and if so, how fast can it be ported to Fallout 3?

I would much rather wander the wastes with a buddy than a fantasy world.

Joeslop on
  • Options
    JasonR66JasonR66 Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Well I bought the Alaska DLC yesterday and beat it today. I guess I can't really complain about it to much because it was only 800 points but still...come on...really? Hopefully the next DLC will have more content.

JasonR66 on
  • Options
    deowolfdeowolf is allowed to do that. Traffic.Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

Might I recommend NOT using them to buy what you think is Hexic HD, but is in fact only the premium wallpaper associated with the game?

Yeah.

deowolf on
    [SIGPIC]acocoSig.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ironzergironzerg Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    yes, with a new host.

Who the heck hosts it?

The Mr. Sandman perk controls your mind...you have no choice but to kill sleeping characters...I almost didn't slash Three Dog...almost...

The new host is just a technician. She'll come on regularly and say stuff like, "Here's some more music? Why just music? Because some asshole killed our DJ".

I actually found her more entertaining than Three Dog.

ironzerg on
  • Options
    El ExtremoEl Extremo Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    ironzerg wrote: »
    yes, with a new host.

Who the heck hosts it?

The Mr. Sandman perk controls your mind...you have no choice but to kill sleeping characters...I almost didn't slash Three Dog...almost...

The new host is just a technician. She'll come on regularly and say stuff like, "Here's some more music? Why just music? Because some asshole killed our DJ".

I actually found her more entertaining than Three Dog.

Not to mention a hell of a lot less annoying. It was nice to be able to listen to music without him ruining it after every song.

El Extremo on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    So what's Covert Ops do? I missed most of the cases, so don't know and have little desire to go back.

GoodKingJayIII on
    Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    + 3 to science , lockpick and small guns. Not the most useful of things. On a different note, the Gauss rifle is overpowered to high hell. The knockdown is godly. Also does the Winter T-1lb deteriorate? It seems invincible to me.

EspantaPajaro on
  • Options
    Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I was satisfied with the amount of content for 800 points. A lot of other games get DLC packs with just new items for a similar price. O:A has four decently long quests, some new scenery, and some new weapons and armor that you get after the sim is over.

And the Chinese stealth armor looks absolutely badass. On my next run, I'm doing Anchorage early, and then using that sneak suit to scout the DC area.

Zoku Gojira on
    "Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    + 3 to science , lockpick and small guns. Not the most useful of things.

In other words, it's worthless if you have those three skills maxed, and marginally beneficial otherwise.

GoodKingJayIII on
    Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    + 3 to science , lockpick and small guns. Not the most useful of things.

In other words, it's worthless if you have those three skills maxed, and marginally beneficial otherwise.

Pretty much. Im guessing the Pitt will be more or less the same thing. One town, a few quests and a few new items. I think im going to skip it unless it turns out to be much more substantial.

EspantaPajaro on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    + 3 to science , lockpick and small guns. Not the most useful of things. On a different note, the Gauss rifle is overpowered to high hell. The knockdown is godly. Also does the Winter T-1lb deteriorate? It seems invincible to me.

It's SUPPOSED to, but they accidently put the 'in-sim version' in the vault, not the 'real world version'. The in-sim has retardedly huge health and can't be repaired with other gear, while the real world version that isn't about due to simple human error error has sane health and can be repaired with some other power armors.

yalborap on