As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

WII HELP

ZtribalZtribal Registered User regular
edited November 2006 in Help / Advice Forum
I've tried to discuss this in G&T but I think they're too happy with their wii to help me so here's the issue...

I got my Wii. I set it up. I put the batteries in my wiimote. I pressed the power button on my wiimote. The system turned on. A page came up that says press A to continue. I press A. NOTHING HAPPENS. I try to reset the console, I tried syncing my wiimote. I even opened my extra wiimote and the same thing happened. PLEASE HELP. I want to play wii.

Your sig is too tall. -Thanatos
SimBen wrote: »
Nobody in Spain complained about RE4, but that's just because RE4 was a completely realistic and fair portrayal of Spaniards.

Whenever a tentacle monster burst out of someone's head, my brother and I would exclaim "Oh, those crazy Spaniards!"

sig.gif
Ztribal on

• Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Ztribal wrote:
    I've tried to discuss this in G&T but I think they're too happy with their wii to help me so here's the issue...

I got my Wii. I set it up. I put the batteries in my wiimote. I pressed the power button on my wiimote. The system turned on. A page came up that says press A to continue. I press A. NOTHING HAPPENS. I try to reset the console, I tried syncing my wiimote. I even opened my extra wiimote and the same thing happened. PLEASE HELP. I want to play wii.
    My system has locked twice tonight, but seems to be wroking fine now. Call nintendo?

ronzo on
  • Options
    TreelootTreeloot Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Ztribal wrote:

My Wiimote also isn't working. :x

Treeloot on
  • Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Treeloot wrote:
    Ztribal wrote:

My Wiimote also isn't working. :x
    I also seem to need to point directly at the the middle of the sensor bar to get the pointer in the middle of the screen. If i point directly at the middle of my screen the pointer is at the bottom.

ronzo on
  • Options
    bananabreadbananabread Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    That's because you're supposed to be pointing it at the sensor bar rather than the screen.

bananabread on
    your sig was too long <3 orik
  • Options
    Greg343Greg343 Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    That's because you're supposed to be pointing it at the sensor bar rather than the screen.
    No, I don't think that's how it works..

Greg343 on
  • Options
    TheMorningStarTheMorningStar Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Greg343 wrote:
    No, I don't think that's how it works..

Calibrate it?

TheMorningStar on
  • Options
    BarrakkethBarrakketh Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Ztribal wrote:
    Remember that you're supposed to press the sync button on the remote before pressing the sync button on the console.

If all else fails, call Nintendo's support line. They're awesome.
    Avris wrote:
    I also seem to need to point directly at the the middle of the sensor bar to get the pointer in the middle of the screen. If i point directly at the middle of my screen the pointer is at the bottom.
    If your sensor bar is on the top of your TV and it's significantly higher than where you're usually using the remote from, try moving it a bit over the edge of your TV or use the stand that it comes with. It's possible that your TV is "clipping" part of the sensor bar. One of ours is high enough that we had to do that.

Barrakketh on
    Rollers are red, chargers are blue....omae wa mou shindeiru
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    No seriously you guys. I have tried everything. I'm on the line with nintendo but everybody is calling them now so I can't talk to a humanoid.

Ztribal on
    Nobody in Spain complained about RE4, but that's just because RE4 was a completely realistic and fair portrayal of Spaniards.

Whenever a tentacle monster burst out of someone's head, my brother and I would exclaim "Oh, those crazy Spaniards!"

sig.gif
  • Options
    TheGreat2ndTheGreat2nd Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Wait, so you can turn on your Wii from your remote, but not press any other buttons?
    I don't have a Wii, but something seems wrong with this logic.

TheGreat2nd on
    BinghamtonUniversity.png
    I'm Jacob Wilson. | facebook | thegreat2nd | [url="aim:goim?screenname=TheGreatSecond&message=Hello+from+the+Penny+Arcade+Forums!"]aim[/url]
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Yeah so I spoke with nintendo guy. He's stumped. I'll have a wii in 3 to 4 business days.

13 hours of wally world for this? ugh.

Ztribal on

sig.gif
  • Options
    GafotoGafoto Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    I hear sony tech support is great

Gafoto on
    sierracrest.jpg
  • Options
    Food?Food? Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Gafoto wrote:
    I hear sony tech support is great

I hear that's irrelevant. Trust me, you don't want to ignite a debate here.

Food? on
    gr_smile2.gif