As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Getting Dish Network...

RaggaholicRaggaholic Registered User regular
edited November 2006 in Help / Advice Forum
Ok, I'm getting Dish Network. I've decided to give the guy a call on Tuesday or Wednesday to set the whole thing up. I know which package I want and although I have an HDTV, I probably won't be getting the HDTV.

Is there anything you all can tell me that you think I should know before getting into this? Any horror stories? Should I be running from them and to DirectTV? Anyone have it and hate the signal?

All of that stuff.

Raggaholic on

• Options
    RaereRaere Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    It's broadcast in 1080i. I totally don't know what that is but I want it.

I don't think cable does that.

Raere on
    Raere.png
  • Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Read the contract/agreements carefully. VERY carefully. Then read them again.

I have friends who work/have worked for Dish call centers, and while I can't recall any stories off the top of my head the general consensus I get is that they try to screw you over any way they can (and I imagine DirectTV is little better). So read the agreements closely so you know what you are getting into.

Tomanta on