As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

First 100 Days: Day 19 - Legal Conference. Without blackjack nor hookers.

• Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    psychotix wrote: »
    Quid wrote: »
    As for the recession, yeah it sucks. But my 401k and investments are needed right now, and I'm more than willing to see them take another pummeling if it helps wipe the smarmy smirk of some of the fanatics and takes them down a notch.
    I'm less concerned about my 401k and more concerned about people starving. I'm not a big advocate of people dying to prove a point.

Not my problem. Political fanatics that I have to deal with daily, is my problem. I'd pay to see them take a hit. And I view them as more of a long term problem then "people starving" to my daily life.

If that makes me an asshole fine, but that's how I see it.

Those starving people might drop down dead near the fountainhead of your water supply. The decaying corpses would be polluting your bodily fluids, your essence, with disease.

moniker on
  • Options
    psychotixpsychotix __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2009
    moniker wrote: »
    As for the recession, yeah it sucks. But my 401k and investments are needed right now, and I'm more than willing to see them take another pummeling if it helps wipe the smarmy smirk of some of the fanatics and takes them down a notch.
    I'm less concerned about my 401k and more concerned about people starving. I'm not a big advocate of people dying to prove a point.

Not my problem. Political fanatics that I have to deal with daily, is my problem. I'd pay to see them take a hit. And I view them as more of a long term problem then "people starving" to my daily life.

Those starving people might drop down dead near the fountainhead of your water supply. The decaying corpses would be polluting your bodily fluids, your essence, with disease.

Stupid response, so I'll respond in kind. I have bottled water!

psychotix on
  • Options
    DukiDuki Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

Water with communist fluoride, son.

Where do you think this road leads?

Duki on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Most of the ones I'm against are well off as well, straight out of school kids. They don't need help.

Do you enjoy being so deliberately obtuse? The economy impacts more people than recent graduates living on your block and employed at your work.

moniker on
  • Options
    SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

As opposed to all of your "intelligent" responses? Seriously, isn't trolling two threads exhausting for you? What are you gonna do with all that free time after the ban?

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Seriously, how did you not get that joke?

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    edited February 2009

I thought it was rather obvious. I mean, I tortured both sentences in order to get the two references to make sense.

moniker on
  • Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    (fundies) participating in the party. Currently watching those participating in the Democratic base I'm against that party as well.

Equal rights are fine and all, but we have morons voting in droves. All brainwashed to their party.
    So... your ideal party in charge would be one that few people actually voted for, so as to cut down on any human involvement, without any firm stances or ideas for people to get behind, to avoid any degree of enthusiasm in the people who despite best efforts still decide to involve themselves.

Have you considered voting Lizard People?

David_T on
    euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    edited February 2009

I thought it was rather obvious. I mean, I tortured both sentences in order to get the two references to make sense.

I only got the Fountainhead one... what was the other?

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    David_T wrote: »
    (fundies) participating in the party. Currently watching those participating in the Democratic base I'm against that party as well.

Equal rights are fine and all, but we have morons voting in droves. All brainwashed to their party.
    So... your ideal party in charge would be one that few people actually voted for, so as to cut down on any human involvement, without any firm stances or ideas for people to get behind, to avoid any degree of enthusiasm in the people who despite best efforts still decide to involve themselves.

Honestly, based on our gays in the military discussion previously in this thread, I think military coup may be more his style.

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

He needs to vote Brain Slug, he's clearly infected.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Sentry wrote: »

Bodily fluids = Strangelove joke.

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    SavantSavant Simply Barbaric Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

His sociopathy emitter is interfering with his humor detector?

Savant on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    So apparently the first family took their first trip to Camp David this weekend.

First Black President to crap in the woods.

moniker on
  • Options
    GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    So... in terms of importance,

the other guy being wrong > someone not starving.

At this point, I SERIOUSLY hope this is just trolling. The alternative is depressing.

Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Sentry wrote: »

Bodily fluids = Strangelove joke.

doh... I are fail.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    So apparently the first family took their first trip to Camp David this weekend.

Really, moniker? Really?

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    oldmankenoldmanken Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Gosling wrote: »

At this point, I SERIOUSLY hope this is just trolling. The alternative is depressing.

Prepare to be depressed. His position is so absurd it can't be a joke.

oldmanken on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

Really, moniker? Really?

Beats talking about dystopian hellscapes wrought solely to make a point.

Plus Thurmont seems like it kinda sucks. But then I'm not a big fan of cabins.

moniker on
  • Options
    psychotixpsychotix __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2009

My ideal party...

That would be one with healthy debate that most people don't just tow the line for and subscribe to all it's ideology.

I can't say I like either of our options.

No I'm dead serious. I was anti Republican for years because of their base, now I hate the Dems just as much.
    Honestly, based on our gays in the military discussion previously in this thread, I think military coup may be more his style.

Depending on the Admiral or General, I could get behind that.

psychotix on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

Really, moniker? Really?

Yeah, cabins basically suck. Stupid cabins.

Sort of on topic: what do we expect tomorrow night? Pissed off rampaging at the Democratic House retreat Obama, Professor Obama, campaigning Obama?

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    HarrierHarrier The Star Spangled Man Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I suddenly have this image of Obama camping, with tents and similar accessories, which is hilarious because I know Obama probably knows nothing about camping and would be the first to admit that he knows nothing about camping.

Now I'm picturing the entire Administration camping. Summers and Geithner have just failed at setting up the tent and Rahm Emanuel is screaming profanities at them.

Harrier on
    I don't wanna kill anybody. I don't like bullies. I don't care where they're from.
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Harrier wrote: »
    I suddenly have this image of Obama camping, with tents and similar accessories, which is hilarious because I know Obama probably knows nothing about camping and would be the first to admit that he knows nothing about camping.

Now I'm picturing the entire Administration camping. Summers and Geithner have just failed at setting up the tent and Rahm Emanuel is screaming profanities at them.

Harry Reid is trying to give the tent whatever it wants and Pelosi is standing behind him contemplating bashing him over the head with a log.

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

Really, moniker? Really?

Yeah, cabins basically suck. Stupid cabins.

Sort of on topic: what do we expect tomorrow night? Pissed off rampaging at the Democratic House retreat Obama, Professor Obama, campaigning Obama?

I think a mixture of all three. But likely mostly angry and professor Obama. What he needs to do now is control the bill merging.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
  • Options
    edited February 2009

Harry Reid is trying to give the tent whatever it wants and Pelosi is standing behind him contemplating bashing him over the head with a log.
    Everyone's pestering Shinseki because he's probably the only one who knows anything about actually living in the wilderness. Except maybe Gates and Jones. Who are all sitting by the fire smoking cigars.

Harrier on
    I don't wanna kill anybody. I don't like bullies. I don't care where they're from.
  • Options
    GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009

My ideal party...

That would be one with healthy debate that most people don't just tow the line for and subscribe to all it's ideology.

I can't say I like either of our options.
    Right now, they're the options you've got. This is the time when you go hunting for people you'd like to see run next season so they have enough time to set up, so if you've got anyone in mind, go contact them and see if they'll give it a shot.

Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009

"You got a fire going. I thought all the wood was wet?"

"Intern."

I realise I may have an exaggerated idea of Rahm Emanuel...

David_T on
    euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    edited February 2009

"You got a fire going. I thought all the wood was wet?"

"Intern."

I realise I may have an exaggerated idea of Rahm Emanuel...

He could probably start a fire just by swearing at the logs.

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Now I have "Dancing in the Dark" stuck in my head.

Thanks a lot guys.

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    VeitsevVeitsev Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    2vb79jb.jpg

Wut

Veitsev on
    nibblersig-1.jpg
    Steam 3DS: 1160-9885-2554
  • Options
    RustRust __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2009
    There aren't any words for that cover.

All that's left is formless screaming.

Rust on
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    'Quitting the Thug Life'?

I'm not sure how much street cred Newsweek has.

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    VeitsevVeitsev Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Rust wrote: »

QUITTING THE THUG LIFE DOG

YA KNOW
    the president is black omgz

Veitsev on
    nibblersig-1.jpg
    Steam 3DS: 1160-9885-2554
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Veitsev wrote: »
    Newsweek tripe

Wut

wut

Dear Newsweek: Stop being tools. Lern 2 maek intelligent headline.

Also "new era of big government"?

It's only big government when it's pouring money into our economy and trying to elevate the level of public discourse that has fallen dead by the wayside, but the last 8 years of enormous and unchecked executive power is small government because omg lower taxes?

Hakkekage on
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Veitsev wrote: »

QUITTING THE THUG LIFE DOG

YA KNOW
    the president is black omgz

He's the Blackberry President!

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Well we are all socialists now. This is not necessarily a bad thing, and it's rather silly that we're dithering over whether to admit it to ourselves.

Harrier on
  • Options
    RustRust __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2009
    Well we are all socialists now. This is not necessarily a bad thing, and it's rather silly that we're dithering over whether to admit it to ourselves.

I will kill you so much.

Seriously, though, you know as well as I do that the problem is Newsweek saying the socialist thing is because of this bullshit stimulus bill, which can do nothing but bad things on half a dozen levels.

Rust on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

I will kill you so much.

Seriously, though, you know as well as I do that the problem is Newsweek saying the socialist thing is because of this bullshit stimulus bill, which can do nothing but bad things on half a dozen levels.
    The title is still true.

But Newsweek is also sensationalist garbage. They've become quite a bit worse than Time, which is itself only mediocre. They were one of the principle media outlets feeding the Palinmania in the wake of the RNC, which I've neither forgotten nor forgiven. And they pushed the idiotic 'center-right country' meme too.

Harrier on
  • Options
    CommunistCowCommunistCow Abstract Metal ThingyRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Guess its time to write an annoying email to Newsweek which will invariably get ignored.

CommunistCow on
    No, I am not really communist. Yes, it is weird that I use this name.
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    So is Newsweek a tabloid magazine now?

Henroid on
This discussion has been closed.