As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Firefox 2.0 not liking flash?

KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up inthe Undercity.Registered User regular
edited November 2006 in Help / Advice Forum
So i've been having a couple occasional problems with flash in Firefox 2.0. Sometimes when I go to a site with flash (usually ads), Firefox will just crash outright. This happens almost every time at www.worldofwarcraft.com and once in a while at imdb.com, depending on the ads.

It also doesn't display flash sometime - i see the little adblock tabs but nothing under them. This has been happening at pandora.com.

Anyone know what the deal is?

KalTorak on

• Options
    kaliyamakaliyama Left to find less-moderated fora Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    I wish; but even with the popup blocker disabled, Gamespot's screen shot windows open then close immediately. The error log doesn't seem forthcoming, but seeing as how i get spam popups fine, I think that is a java error, so it is probably related to your problem.

kaliyama on
    fwKS7.png?1
  • Options
    SuperSweetieSuperSweetie Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Im glad that i read this. I love firefox, and I have version 1.2.7 right now. I was considering upgrading to 2.0, but right now I have no problems with this version, so I think I will hold off for a while on this upgrade.

SuperSweetie on
    rat53r.jpg
  • Options
    AndorienAndorien Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    I've never had problems with flash with 2.0.

Andorien on
  • Options
    robaalrobaal Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Try making a fresh profile (add -p at the end of the path in a firefox shortcut) and see if it happens then also, if it doesn't then I suggest disabling extensions in your main profile one by one until it stops crashing.

If it still crashes then you could try uninstalling/reisntalling flash...

Session management is a big plus of the new version, but the scrollable tab bar is a great minus of it.
    OTOH you can get the first with Tab Mix Plus and remove the second with... Tab Mix Plus.
    I haven't had problems with it myself and I think it has some security patches so :shrug:
    One thing you might mind though is that it, similarly to 1.5 versions, uses a lot of memory - 100+ MB in my case; then again with session management you can just close FF if you need more free RAM and open it once again when you don't - it will open all the tabs you had when you closed it (assuming you choose "show my windows and tabs from last time" as a startup option) - I think it even remembers what you typed in text field.

robaal on
    "Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra when suddenly it flips over, pinning you underneath.
    At night, the ice weasels come."