As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Bios wont detect RAID

emp123emp123 Registered User regular
edited February 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
So I recently bought a BIOSTAR A770 A2+ in an attempt to make a Mythtv box. Im using two 400 gig SATA Seagate hard drives in a RAID 0 configuration for maximum data storage/speed. When I first installed Ubuntu everything worked fine, the drivers were raided together before hand, everything was going peachy keen. Then yesterday I tried to boot up and I got a GRUB Error (GRUB Error 2 to be exact) and when I check the bios, the raided drives dont show up, but the raid utility shows the two drives and says its working correctly. Any solutions on how to fix this?

Relevant specs:
Mobo: BIOSTAR A770 A2+
Proc: AMD 64X2 4850e
Memory: 512 DDR2 800
HDD 2 400 GB Seagate SATA

If this needs to be in the G&T subsection, mods feel free to move it.

emp123 on

• Options
    emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Nothing?

emp123 on
  • Options
    RuckusRuckus Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    It's you're getting an error from the OS, assuming the OS is installed on the RAID0 array it's working (if either of the drives had died or the RAID controller failed, you'd get an non-bootable disk error from the Motherboard BIOS).

Unfortunately I know 0 about Linux bootloaders.

Ruckus on