As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

When someone asks if you're a god, you say [CHAT]

• Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Preacher wrote: »
    I dunno I can see his side of the story, he's trying to do a scene and this guy walked into it again. It's distracting and he's upset about that. Its like how Ed Harris gets super angry when he messes up a line.

He spent like four minutes screaming. He could have finished the movie in the time he spent yelling at that guy.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    "Not a cash job"?

Are you... are you applying to become a stripper, Cass?

Prep, dishwashing, and cleaning for a fine dining Italian restaurant. I want it so bad.

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I dunno I can see his side of the story, he's trying to do a scene and this guy walked into it again. It's distracting and he's upset about that. Its like how Ed Harris gets super angry when he messes up a line.

Yeah but it's pretty unprofessional to stand there and waste another 10 minutes of everyone's time (which on a movie set is hours and hours of time because there's 50 people there spending 10 minutes watching you throw a tantrum)

If he really had a problem he should have said "please don't do that again" and then taken it up with him off set after shooting wrapped for the day.

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    this was the song that Jon Jones came into on Saturday's UFC event:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ms2_Mc4lDM

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Elendil wrote: »
    Elendil wrote: »
    Yay for OP. Best evar.
    Awful

It's awful

Well the chatpunning was frankly lazy, but the post that followed yours showed us how glorious the OP was.
    I don't mind the title, it's the shitty, content-less OP that sucks

TRY HARDER

The content was distilled excellence. No additional content could have been as true or pure as the content he included, so any more content would have lowered the average excellence.

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Gosh it's a good thing we don't have cameras trained on us all day. They might catch us having a temper tantrum and then we wouldn't be so quick to cast stones.

Seriously guys.

Ludious on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Sarksus wrote: »

He spent like four minutes screaming. He could have finished the movie in the time he spent yelling at that guy.

Betcha that guy didn't walk through again. And acting may be a froo froo job but he takes it seriously and if this guy isn't going to at least give him the courtesy than he's going to give him a piece of his mind. If anything its unprofessional for someone to release that tape and make it seem like Bale was being unreasonable for expecting someone else not to fuck up his job.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    It was pretty awesome on Hell's Kitchen when Gordon Ramsay threw plates at the fat dude and the fat dude agilely snatched them out of the air.

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Ludious wrote: »
    Gosh it's a good thing we don't have cameras trained on us all day. They might catch us having a temper tantrum and then we wouldn't be so quick to cast stones.

Seriously guys.

I don't have temper tantrums like that. I've had people do way more annoying shit than walk in front of a camera and I've kept my mouth shut.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

Srsly you can't judge people's personalities based on how they acted on set once.

It's a pressure cooker environment and everyone flips sometimes.

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    At the same time, he's overreacting like a motherfucker. I suspect his girlfriend broke up with him earlier that day.

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Anyone who even thinks about liking achewood while here should be banned!

JebusUD on
    and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Look dude if you see that as "explaining" your world view is kinda warped.

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Joy, Modest Mouse is coming to Atlanta on March 7th.

Any of you Atlantians interested? I missed them when they came to the tabernacle about two years ago(I knew nothing about getting tickets and assumed I could probably pick them up a week before the show), but I wont make the same mistake twice!

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    CommunistCowCommunistCow Abstract Metal ThingyRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Yay for OP. Best evar.

CommunistCow on
    No, I am not really communist. Yes, it is weird that I use this name.
  • Options
    edited February 2009

Srsly you can't judge people's personalities based on how they acted on set once.

Nope. I take strange satisfaction in knowing Christian Bale is a jerk, and now I have proof and no one can stop me.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    If people start calling Bale an ass all the time in the media and on film sites, maybe I'll buy it. Until then, hey, we all have bad days.

All I know is that when the bit with his family trying to railroad him came out in the tabloids, a lot of film sites defended him pretty vehemently. They don't do that for assholes. Trust me.

Ludious on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    It's the director of photography. The only person who needs to worry about whether or not somebody is walking into a scene is the director of photography. If Christian Bale can't act with people walking around him then maybe he belongs on stage, not on a movie set.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Ludious wrote: »
    If people start calling Bale an ass all the time in the media and on film sites, maybe I'll buy it. Until then, hey, we all have bad days.

All I know is that when the bit with his family trying to railroad him came out in the tabloids, a lot of film sites defended him pretty vehemently. They don't do that for assholes. Trust me.

No. How can I trust someone who doesn't like Rocky or Achewood.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Sarksus wrote: »

Nope. I take strange satisfaction in knowing Christian Bale is a jerk, and now I have proof and no one can stop me.

God Sarksus. I really hope your least proud moment isn't captured on film one day. Because you're building up some pretty negative karma there.

Ludious on
  • Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Tarranon wrote: »
    Joy, Modest Mouse is coming to Atlanta on March 7th.

Any of you Atlantians interested? I missed them when they came to the tabernacle about two years ago(I knew nothing about getting tickets and assumed I could probably pick them up a week before the show), but I wont make the same mistake twice!

I saw them once at First Ave. Then I tried to go see them again at the orpheum on 4/21. Bad idea. Show was canceled and I didn't get my 5 dollar ticketmaster fee back. Damn ticketmaster.

JebusUD on
    and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Feral wrote: »
    It's the director of photography. The only person who needs to worry about whether or not somebody is walking into a scene is the director of photography. If Christian Bale can't act with people walking around him then maybe he belongs on stage, not on a movie set.

true enough

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    At the same time, he's overreacting like a motherfucker. I suspect his girlfriend broke up with him earlier that day.

Well it was probably because he knows he's in what will be an awful movie and he's just trying to make it through it. That's where TV has an edge over a movie. Unless of course you're in an awful show like Bob Saget, but then you drink your lunch and put on a happy smile.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Feral wrote: »
    Sounds like it was tripping up his immersion, or whatever. Very funny, given the fact that the movie is almost certainly going to be so SFX-heavy.

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    If Christian Bale apologizes I will accept his apology on behalf of the Director of Photography.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009

Well it was probably because he knows he's in what will be an awful movie and he's just trying to make it through it. That's where TV has an edge over a movie. Unless of course your in an awful show like Bob Saget, but then you drink your lunch and put on a happy smile.

Danny Tanner was not gay:whistle:

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2009

Well it was probably because he knows he's in what will be an awful movie and he's just trying to make it through it. That's where TV has an edge over a movie. Unless of course your in an awful show like Bob Saget, but then you drink your lunch and put on a happy smile.
    I already do this. It makes some days a lot more bearable for me.

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Obs wrote: »
    Achewood?

People still read that shit?

Damn guys this is kind of like having the KKK endorse you as a politician. Are you sure your opinions aren't terrible?

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Some of you people are vultures. Seriously. If you had to live your life surrounded by cameras 24 hours a day

it would break you.

Just leave Christian alone!!!!
    *SOB*

Ludious on
  • Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    At the beginning, it was like "Okay, he's freaking out a bit." I mean, every gets mad, but he went on and on, and not only did he go on and on, he threatened the guy's job, said he'd never work with him again and told other people to fuck off when they called a short break. I mean, maybe that's unusual behavior for him, but it shows that he knows, and he's taking advantage of the fact, that the studio can't afford to lose him so everyone has to placate him.

Nova_C on
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Tarranon wrote: »
    Obs wrote: »
    Achewood?

People still read that shit?

Damn guys this is kind of like having the KKK endorse you as a politician. Are you sure your opinions aren't terrible?

My love of Achewood is now justified.

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    edited February 2009

Honestly I can't imagine what it would be like to be on a show for like what 8 years or however long full house was on the air and hate every moment of it. Surprised they never found him dead from alcohol poisoning. Though he did the funniest home videos on his own, so he dived head deep into suck.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Nova_C wrote: »
    At the beginning, it was like "Okay, he's freaking out a bit." I mean, every gets mad, but he went on and on, and not only did he go on and on, he threatened the guy's job, said he'd never work with him again and told other people to fuck off when they called a short break. I mean, maybe that's unusual behavior for him, but it shows that he knows, and he's taking advantage of the fact, that the studio can't afford to lose him so everyone has to placate him.

Well he did say he's never dealt with someone like that before. It sounded like frustration. I mean we don't know how many shots were ruined by this guy before the verbal explosion. The implication from his rant was it wasn't the first one and he was reaching his end.

Besides at least he wasn't doing the bat voice so that 3 minutes was more enjoyable than all of his dialogue in TDK.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

Well he did say he's never dealt with someone like that before. It sounded like frustration. I mean we don't know how many shots were ruined by this guy before the verbal explosion. The implication from his rant was it wasn't the first one and he was reaching his end.

Besides at least he wasn't doing the bat voice so that 3 minutes was more enjoyable than all of his dialogue in TDK.

He should re-do the whole rant in the bat voice. That would be great.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

Honestly I can't imagine what it would be like to be on a show for like what 8 years or however long full house was on the air and hate every moment of it. Surprised they never found him dead from alcohol poisoning. Though he did the funniest home videos on his own, so he dived head deep into suck.
    That was probably his own fault. You don't go from regular shit to dog shit in that business unless you've pissed off a whole bunch of people.

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Hmmm. Job fair tomorrow. How many copies of my resume should I bring?

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Actors have giant fucking egos!

News at 11

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009

I think that was the second time the DP had done that. And from what it sounded like, it wasn't the DP walking into the shot, it was the DP messing with the lights behind the camera during a shot, so Bale was distracted during filming.

If the DP is walking in front of the camera during a shot, motherfucker deserves to get reamed out. :P

Nova_C on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

Seemed relatively tame to me.

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
This discussion has been closed.