As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Balance Board Wii Game Recommendation?

PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
edited February 2009 in Games and Technology
Co-worker keeps telling me to "get that snowboard game for the wii."

But if I'm getting a balance board game, I'd like to get a good one. Any suggestions?

I'm looking for moving type games like snowboarding or skate. So even if rabbids is good, for my purposes I don't want it.

jCyyTSo.png
PikaPuff on

• Options
    SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Are there even enough balance board games out to make suggestions? I've been keeping an eye out, but haven't seen much. We Ski is kinda fun for a couple days, but the courses are way too short, and the multiplayer doesn't allow any player to use the balance board at all. I would only recommend it as a rental.

SwashbucklerXX on
    Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • Options
    pslong9pslong9 Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Shaun White Snowboarding got reviewed pretty well. I played it for all of 20 minutes, and thought it was pretty good. Someone else can give you more details than I can, though.

pslong9 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS FC: 0817-3759-2788
  • Options
    slash000slash000 Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    The options are this:

We Ski
    Skate It
    Shaun White
    Raving Rabbids TV Party
    Snowboard Riot (WiiWare)

I think the most positively reviewed Snowboarding game is Shaun White, on the grounds that it is made much more fun by being able to play with the Balance Board.

Snowboard Riot just came out; it seems promising but there are no reviews on it to my knowledge.

slash000 on
  • Options
    ChewyWafflesChewyWaffles Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Shaun White is awesome. A couple and my wife and I just took turns playing it and we had a lot of fun.

ChewyWaffles on
    mwf2sig.jpg
  • Options
    lowlylowlycooklowlylowlycook Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    You have to get Shaun White from Target to get the most content, right?

lowlylowlycook on
    steam_sig.png
    (Please do not gift. My game bank is already full.)
  • Options
    PolagoPolago Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Shaun White is a solid time and uses the board quite well. Skate it is VERY hit and miss and overly sensitive, so rent it before considering a purchase to see if it hits home.

Polago on