As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Red Dead Redemption

1798081828385»

• Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    Did the ruby on ruthless , fun mission. Lots of snipers though .

• Options
    Last of the blood money missions are out , and they said there will be a horde mode next week where you are trying to save a town or something.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Last of the blood money missions are out , and they said there will be a horde mode next week where you are trying to save a town or something.

Have you tried it yet?

Its weird they never brought over a true zombie mode for rdr 2 since RDR 1's zombie mode was super popular.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    I think it stems from their whole “realism at the cost of everything else” default stance with this game, more so than the original

No zombies in the west in real life = no zombie event for Halloween

M1899 is in single player because the campaign takes place in that year, and not in RDO because that’s 2 years earlier

No player changing the map for players houses because the map has to be in the beginning state fro single player (never mind that under construction building in valentine that it takes 10 years to build apparently)

• Options
    Joolander wrote: »
    I think it stems from their whole “realism at the cost of everything else” default stance with this game, more so than the original

No zombies in the west in real life = no zombie event for Halloween

M1899 is in single player because the campaign takes place in that year, and not in RDO because that’s 2 years earlier

No player changing the map for players houses because the map has to be in the beginning state fro single player (never mind that under construction building in valentine that it takes 10 years to build apparently)

I can see that to an extent, but it feels a little silly to stick to considering all the other parts of the game that the players would seemingly break. I just want a zombie month god dang it!

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Oh I agree. I definitely want an actual Halloween event. But the furthest they go is having snow all over the map for Christmas

Making an entire alternate map is probably way more work than throwing in a bunch of zombie npcs, but only one of those fits in canon

• Options
    edited August 2021
    Hit level 300, when does the next quick pass come out again?

EspantaPajaro on
  • Options

Next week if this one expiring means anything for when the next one hits.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Preacher wrote: »

Next week if this one expiring means anything for when the next one hits.

Awesome possum.

• Options
    edited August 2021
    Finished the last jewel on ruthless first try. Man these heists were … super simple . Not much to them at all.

EspantaPajaro on
  • Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular

I haven't been paying attention. Which one are we on? Have I missed the second one yet?

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options

I haven't been paying attention. Which one are we on? Have I missed the second one yet?

Still the first till tomorrow we think . New mode is being released tomorrow but who knows if it will work out the gate.

• Options
    Next small pass is out today, and the waves of defense too, didn't try the wave defender but did get to rank 7 in the pass thanks to the weekly give some shit to the weird lady.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    AngrySquirrelAngrySquirrel Registered User regular
    edited August 2021
    Horde mode is pretty good. 10 waves, rewards based on how far you get. Success (10 complete waves) right now is giving 3.0 gold bars and ~$800 with maybe ~6K xp. That won't last too long as there is a 3x rewards multiplier on it atm. 40 minute cool down after 1 before you can start another.

AngrySquirrel on
    Live/PSN: IronSquirrel ,, Steam: angrysquirrel
    Battle.net: IronSquirrel#1462
  • Options
    Horde mode is pretty good. 10 waves, rewards based on how far you get. Success (10 complete waves) right now is giving 3.0 gold bars and ~$800 with maybe ~6K xp. That won't last too long as there is a 3x rewards multiplier on it atm. 40 minute cool down after 1 before you can start another.

Awesome.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Finished the pass nothing too exciting in it , but not too bad either.

• Options
    Kinda hard to stay motivated now that your streak resets .

• Options
    Kinda hard to stay motivated now that your streak resets .

They just don't have a lot of long term goals or even longer term stuff. Blood money was a wet fart, like I got all 3 things and now??? And even then there was nothing to get with the blood money stuff anyway.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular
    Yeah this capitale business is garbage. Did it on ruthless, someone died, tried restarting and got stuck on an infinite loading screen. 25 capitale down the drain just like that.

• Options
    And it’s all for… a hat that goes with literally nothing

• Options
    Oh hey they put the Lone Ranger Mask back in for preople like me who missed it

And it’s… 21 Gold Bars?

Think I’m gonna wait a week or so

• Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    edited October 2021
    There's apparently a bug going on right now where some people are getting their coupon for the free halloween pass early. Additionally some people are getting it even if they shouldn't have been eligible. I can confirm this since I'm apparently one of those players.

My situation:
    1. Bought and completed quickdraw pass #1
    2. Lost interest in the game and bought, but didn't complete, quickdraw pass #2 just so that I could maintain eligibility for the halloween pass
    3. lost complete interest in the game in favor of other games over the interim and ultimately ignored quickdraw pass #3 and #4 competely
    4. Someone told me to login and check to see if I have the halloween pass coupon, and I do.

Bravo R*. I swear that rewards are distributed in RDO and GTA via interns manually monkeying with the database. R* is the only company that I've seen with this level of wonkiness with reward distribution.

edit:
    I'm on the PC platform if that's significant.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012