Options

[WoW]Paladins: Your tears sustain our 30min seals

1737475767779»

Posts

  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Joshmvii wrote: »
    Pally power isn't even that necessary if you have half a brain.

    Yeah, you've never raided 25 mans with 2 or 3 Paladins and a bunch of druids/shamans/warriors who need a mix of 30 minute/10 minute blessings.

    When one person can set up pally power for everybody instead of going Okay, you do kings on everybody, you do wisdom on everybody, except do 10 minute mights on these classes. Oh, and make sure you recast the 10 minute ones when they wear off without having to be told.

    Pally Power is a great convenience. It has nothing to do with having a brain. :lol:
    Actually I have done 25's with few pallies and tons of hybrids. I've also done 10 mans where I was the only pally and our group was a DK tank, 2 DK dps, a prot warrior, a resto shammy, an enhance shammy, a boomkin, a truid, a mage and myself.

    I finally removed pally power from my computer because I haven't been able to get it to work since BC. People always told me to get it and I said I did have it, but it never communicated with the others. Only once did I ever receive assignments from someone and they were wrong.

    Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    WavechaserWavechaser Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Joshmvii wrote: »
    Pally Power is a great convenience. It has nothing to do with having a brain. :lol:

    Seriously, there is no arguing this point.

    Wavechaser on
  • Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Joshmvii wrote: »
    Pally power isn't even that necessary if you have half a brain.

    Yeah, you've never raided 25 mans with 2 or 3 Paladins and a bunch of druids/shamans/warriors who need a mix of 30 minute/10 minute blessings.

    When one person can set up pally power for everybody instead of going Okay, you do kings on everybody, you do wisdom on everybody, except do 10 minute mights on these classes. Oh, and make sure you recast the 10 minute ones when they wear off without having to be told.

    Pally Power is a great convenience. It has nothing to do with having a brain. :lol:

    People who want special treatment and 10-minute blessings can fuck off. One blessing isn't going to make or break a fight. Never have, never will.

    MagicPrime on
    BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    MagicPrime wrote: »
    Joshmvii wrote: »
    Pally power isn't even that necessary if you have half a brain.

    Yeah, you've never raided 25 mans with 2 or 3 Paladins and a bunch of druids/shamans/warriors who need a mix of 30 minute/10 minute blessings.

    When one person can set up pally power for everybody instead of going Okay, you do kings on everybody, you do wisdom on everybody, except do 10 minute mights on these classes. Oh, and make sure you recast the 10 minute ones when they wear off without having to be told.

    Pally Power is a great convenience. It has nothing to do with having a brain. :lol:

    People who want special treatment and 10-minute blessings can fuck off. One blessing isn't going to make or break a fight. Never have, never will.

    Back in Vanilla WoW a small guild I was in had an AQ20 clear which killed Ossirian by having the paladin healer bubble and hammer of wrath him.

    So in that fight a proper blessing was probably a make-it-or-break-it situation, but that's not exactly a common scenario :p

    PotatoNinja on
    Two goats enter, one car leaves
  • Options
    EWomEWom Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I've been grouping with the same pug paladin a lot lately, and in most groups we get another paladin. First thing the dude says is "I'll take care of kings, you get might or wis or whatever else they want."

    Heh , dudes just making sure he gets to cast his spell once, and the other paladin gets the pain in the ass. Luckily I play a resto druid and don't give a fuck which blessing is up there! Mana regen? Pfft. It makes no noticable difference to me at this point. Which probably makes paladins happy, if I get kings I don't care. If I get wis, I don't care. If I get sanctuary, I wonder why, but don't care. If I get might, I assume the paladin is retarded, but don't care.

    EWom on
    Whether they find a life there or not, I think Jupiter should be called an enemy planet.
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Meh, I enjoy pallypower because it helps keep my bars clear as far as seals, RF, and greater blessings go and allows me to click the auto-buff bar to quickly buff a group.

    Also, another pally I trust? We'll skip using it for 5 mans and 10 mans

    In 25s? I'm using it because we have 2 other pallies who come along, and at least one of them tends to forget that he needs to buff when it wears off. This way we're certain who's supposed to get yelled at when shamans don't have kings. :P

    Nobody on
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I just have all my blessings tucked away in the upper right macro'd so that shift-clicking does the greater version.

    Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    People who want special treatment and 10-minute blessings can fuck off. One blessing isn't going to make or break a fight. Never have, never will.

    If I'm in a 10 man with 2 Shamans, one resto, one enhancement, and only one Paladin with no DPS Warrior, please believe that one is probably getting kings and the other might. Yes, if you're doing hard modes every single buff and synergy you can get can and does make or break a fight.

    Joshmvii on
  • Options
    Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    The default blessing in any heroic is Kings. If you want something different just ask and I'll comply, but you always get Kings first.

    I always get Sanctuary because I love reduced damage. Mmmmm, tasty 12% reduced damage. I want more!

    Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Joshmvii wrote: »
    People who want special treatment and 10-minute blessings can fuck off. One blessing isn't going to make or break a fight. Never have, never will.
    If I'm in a 10 man with 2 Shamans, one resto, one enhancement, and only one Paladin with no DPS Warrior, please believe that one is probably getting kings and the other might. Yes, if you're doing hard modes every single buff and synergy you can get can and does make or break a fight.

    Replace the Paladin with a Priest and there are no blessings. And you can still win the fight.

    MagicPrime on
    BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    MagicPrime wrote: »
    Joshmvii wrote: »
    People who want special treatment and 10-minute blessings can fuck off. One blessing isn't going to make or break a fight. Never have, never will.
    If I'm in a 10 man with 2 Shamans, one resto, one enhancement, and only one Paladin with no DPS Warrior, please believe that one is probably getting kings and the other might. Yes, if you're doing hard modes every single buff and synergy you can get can and does make or break a fight.

    Replace the Paladin with a Priest and there are no blessings. And you can still win the fight.

    You can't win the fight if a few hundred raid DPS is going to be the difference in wiping or winning. And believe me, Sarth 3d when my guild was only in 10 man gear was one of those cases.

    Joshmvii on
  • Options
    EWomEWom Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Ok, so there is one fight you need unique blessings. Where's another? Compile a list of the fights where it is critical to have unique blessings, and then compare the fights where it is not critical. And you will see one list is very much larger than the other. If you are on one of those short lists fights, request away, I as a non-paladin, get impatient with people bitching about blessings in 5mans.

    EWom on
    Whether they find a life there or not, I think Jupiter should be called an enemy planet.
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    EWom wrote: »
    Ok, so there is one fight you need unique blessings. Where's another? Compile a list of the fights where it is critical to have unique blessings, and then compare the fights where it is not critical. And you will see one list is very much larger than the other. If you are on one of those short lists fights, request away, I as a non-paladin, get impatient with people bitching about blessings in 5mans.

    Salv on Bloodboil. Really Salv in almost all of the TBC fights....

    Thomamelas on
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Well yeah, but that doesn't take pally power. In TBC, salv was basically the best DPS boost blessing you could give since they could go all out (or not hold back as much anyway). If you had one pally, it was salv. If you had two, you might have to choose between kings or might/wis depending on class and spec for the second blessing.

    Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    EWomEWom Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    EWom wrote: »
    Ok, so there is one fight you need unique blessings. Where's another? Compile a list of the fights where it is critical to have unique blessings, and then compare the fights where it is not critical. And you will see one list is very much larger than the other. If you are on one of those short lists fights, request away, I as a non-paladin, get impatient with people bitching about blessings in 5mans.

    Salv on Bloodboil. Really Salv in almost all of the TBC fights....


    That's not unique, that's everyone getting salve.

    Unique is Dude a getting kings, dude B getting might, dude c getting sanctuary.

    Where are the fights where it is absolutely critical that different dps have different blessings, rather than casters wis all else kings, or even everyone kings?

    EWom on
    Whether they find a life there or not, I think Jupiter should be called an enemy planet.
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    What I hate about Pallypower is it overrides my , (comma) hotkey. I've gone to the interface thing and tried to change it to shift+comma or something, but it doesn't seem to work.

    forty on
  • Options
    aaronsedgeaaronsedge __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2009
    I need some advice that i hope you guys can help me with.

    I've been a drani pally for over a year and for a while it didn't matter who I was up against, I just get owned in pvp.
    Rogues used to give me the most problems, but now I can do ok as long as it's one on one. I still get raped by warriors, but I usually just figure its gear related. The class that makes me scream at my computer though, are the warlocks.

    How do you kill them? I can't even figure out how to get close enough to hit them. Everyone I ask just tells me I have to get up close and just stay on them, but I can't. This is how every fight goes with a lock:

    Fear dot dot dot dot Fear dot dot dot dot dead.

    I bubble, i use trinkets, nothing works. Is there a method to fighting locks?

    I know I probably just suck, but any advice would be great.

    aaronsedge on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Munch wrote: »
    Only if there are some tig ol' bitties on the cover know'm sayin'?
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    aaronsedge wrote: »
    I need some advice that i hope you guys can help me with.

    I've been a drani pally for over a year and for a while it didn't matter who I was up against, I just get owned in pvp.
    Rogues used to give me the most problems, but now I can do ok as long as it's one on one. I still get raped by warriors, but I usually just figure its gear related. The class that makes me scream at my computer though, are the warlocks.

    How do you kill them? I can't even figure out how to get close enough to hit them. Everyone I ask just tells me I have to get up close and just stay on them, but I can't. This is how every fight goes with a lock:

    Fear dot dot dot dot Fear dot dot dot dot dead.

    I bubble, i use trinkets, nothing works. Is there a method to fighting locks?

    I know I probably just suck, but any advice would be great.
    I wish I could help you, but locks are my nemesis as well. I do pretty well against most classes (except blood DKs) but locks rock me hard.

    Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    UltrachristUltrachrist Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Warlocks own paladins, if they're good and similarly geared, you won't win. Warriors are pretty easy though.
    What I hate about Pallypower is it overrides my , (comma) hotkey. I've gone to the interface thing and tried to change it to shift+comma or something, but it doesn't seem to work.

    HATE.

    If anyone knows how to change this, please tell.

    Ultrachrist on
    ultrachrist2.png
  • Options
    Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    You can always get rid of pallypower.

    Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    EWom wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    EWom wrote: »
    Ok, so there is one fight you need unique blessings. Where's another? Compile a list of the fights where it is critical to have unique blessings, and then compare the fights where it is not critical. And you will see one list is very much larger than the other. If you are on one of those short lists fights, request away, I as a non-paladin, get impatient with people bitching about blessings in 5mans.

    Salv on Bloodboil. Really Salv in almost all of the TBC fights....


    That's not unique, that's everyone getting salve.

    Unique is Dude a getting kings, dude B getting might, dude c getting sanctuary.

    Where are the fights where it is absolutely critical that different dps have different blessings, rather than casters wis all else kings, or even everyone kings?

    Well you could take 4 tanks and one healer to every heroic too, but that doesn't mean it's going to be fast or efficient. Of course it's not critical to have the proper blessings and such for every single fight. It's not critical to equip gear or spend your talent points either, but I'll bet you're not itching to run things with people not wearing gear or spending their talent points, are you?

    The kind of people who don't ask for the right blessing, even in a heroic, so they can do it as fast as possible and crush as much soul as possible, are the kind I like to avoid.

    Joshmvii on
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    True, but the difference between having kings vs might/wis isn't going to be as great as the difference between blessing and no blessing. Especially in heroics where enemy HP is so low they'll die in the same time anyway.

    Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Joshmvii wrote: »
    EWom wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    EWom wrote: »
    Ok, so there is one fight you need unique blessings. Where's another? Compile a list of the fights where it is critical to have unique blessings, and then compare the fights where it is not critical. And you will see one list is very much larger than the other. If you are on one of those short lists fights, request away, I as a non-paladin, get impatient with people bitching about blessings in 5mans.

    Salv on Bloodboil. Really Salv in almost all of the TBC fights....


    That's not unique, that's everyone getting salve.

    Unique is Dude a getting kings, dude B getting might, dude c getting sanctuary.

    Where are the fights where it is absolutely critical that different dps have different blessings, rather than casters wis all else kings, or even everyone kings?

    Well you could take 4 tanks and one healer to every heroic too, but that doesn't mean it's going to be fast or efficient. Of course it's not critical to have the proper blessings and such for every single fight. It's not critical to equip gear or spend your talent points either, but I'll bet you're not itching to run things with people not wearing gear or spending their talent points, are you?

    The kind of people who don't ask for the right blessing, even in a heroic, so they can do it as fast as possible and crush as much soul as possible, are the kind I like to avoid.

    And number crunchers like you drain the fun out of the game for me :)

    MagicPrime on
    BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    EWom wrote: »
    Ok, so there is one fight you need unique blessings. Where's another? Compile a list of the fights where it is critical to have unique blessings, and then compare the fights where it is not critical. And you will see one list is very much larger than the other. If you are on one of those short lists fights, request away, I as a non-paladin, get impatient with people bitching about blessings in 5mans.

    This is the same argument behind which fucktards hide when they don't want to flask. Every little bit helps. Everyone's had that one heartbreaking wipe at 2%. Flasks would have prevented that. So would correct buffs.

    If you're a self-confessed casual raider, and you only do normal modes, true, you don't need the buffs. No reason to not give them, but you'll probably not wipe.

    If you're in a serious guild however, working on difficult content, you do not deserve to be there if you are not going to provide the best buffs you can.
    MagicPrime wrote: »
    Joshmvii wrote: »
    Pally power isn't even that necessary if you have half a brain.

    Yeah, you've never raided 25 mans with 2 or 3 Paladins and a bunch of druids/shamans/warriors who need a mix of 30 minute/10 minute blessings.

    When one person can set up pally power for everybody instead of going Okay, you do kings on everybody, you do wisdom on everybody, except do 10 minute mights on these classes. Oh, and make sure you recast the 10 minute ones when they wear off without having to be told.

    Pally Power is a great convenience. It has nothing to do with having a brain. :lol:

    People who want special treatment and 10-minute blessings can fuck off. One blessing isn't going to make or break a fight. Never have, never will.

    I think you are playing the wrong class.
    You need to get every advantage you can from the buffs you can provide. Example: say you're doing Vezax and you lose a couple of people early on in the fight to silly mistakes. then you go on to wipe at 4% to the enrage timer. If everyone had had maximum flask buffs, well fed buffs, and proper buffs from classes, it probably would have been a kill. You see, your attitude is why people credit the word casual to have the same meaning as the word "terrible". Because there are so many simple and easy things you can do that make a huge difference in your raid performance, and you don't do them.

    Halfwit.

    Dhalphir on
  • Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I can tell you for a fact that blessings did make or break a raid, but now that salvation isn't a blessing anymore, I don't have any specific recent applicable examples.

    Edit: I'm talking about BT-level shit. Like fucking Naj'entus.

    Fortunately, tank threat is better now.

    End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I agree on buffs being able to make the difference between a 1% wipe and a kill, but (and this is just a tangential rant) it still pisses me off if I get griped at for not flasking (keep in mind I'm not in a guild full of skilled players doing hard modes and shit) when I play at 100% in every fight and it shows in the damage meters, while some people, who are just as geared as me or moreso, apparently just half ass it or plain suck and do far less damage than could be made up for by a single buff. Of course they don't get told "learn to play" since sucking generally doesn't appear as a little buff icon.

    forty on
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I don't have any specific examples that will apply to your guild as equally as they apply to mine, but they will happen eventually.

    I've wiped on Mimiron hardmode with 100k HP left on...the head I think. It turned out two of our warlocks hadn't flasked for the fight. that would have been a kill if they had.

    I've wiped on General Vezax due to me dying at 10%. The paladin had just done Might on the DPS warriors, and forgotten to single-target buff Kings on me, and I hadn't noticed. I only died by about 500 overkill damage. If I'd had Kings, I would have lived.

    There are millions of other examples like this across all guilds. The majority of the time, flasks and proper buffs will not make or break the fight, they will just slow the fight down and make it take longer.

    The thing about buffs, flasks, and other such min-maxing, is you don't notice their effect until you need them and they aren't there.

    Dhalphir on
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    maximising DPS is a solo pursuit. Whether the bad players are doing less DPS than you or not, the fact remains that if you flasked you would do more damage, and that is the role you are there for.

    if your guild doesn't have a "you must flask" policy, by all means don't, but if they do, "I do more DPS than the other people who do flask" isn't a valid reason not to flask.

    Dhalphir on
  • Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    And number crunchers like you drain the fun out of the game for me :)

    I would submit that if somebody else drains your fun from the game, you need to find a new game. The way I play the game has no effect on somebody who isn't interested in being the best they can be, outside of the fact that they would probably get denied during the app process if they tried to join my guild.

    Joshmvii on
  • Options
    EWomEWom Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    EWom wrote: »
    Ok, so there is one fight you need unique blessings. Where's another? Compile a list of the fights where it is critical to have unique blessings, and then compare the fights where it is not critical. And you will see one list is very much larger than the other. If you are on one of those short lists fights, request away, I as a non-paladin, get impatient with people bitching about blessings in 5mans.

    This is the same argument behind which fucktards hide when they don't want to flask. Every little bit helps. Everyone's had that one heartbreaking wipe at 2%. Flasks would have prevented that. So would correct buffs.

    If you're a self-confessed casual raider, and you only do normal modes, true, you don't need the buffs. No reason to not give them, but you'll probably not wipe.

    If you're in a serious guild however, working on difficult content, you do not deserve to be there if you are not going to provide the best buffs you can.

    I'm talking about fucksticks who whine and bitch and moan about not having the correct blessing a 5 man. Any 5 man, normal or heroic, usually it's in a 5 man in which the entire group outgears and is just running it for badges or whatever, and there's always some prick who complains and won't do shit until they get the "right" blessing.

    Fuck those people and anyone like them.

    EWom on
    Whether they find a life there or not, I think Jupiter should be called an enemy planet.
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    oh, well a 5man is different.

    Dhalphir on
  • Options
    Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    That's where this entire argument started.

    Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Although, in a 5man, there's often 4-5 blessings to do at max, and its really not that hard to throw a 10min blessing on someone if they need it. Being a little tosser about not getting the blessing you want isn't very good, but neither is being a lazy fuck and deciding not to do what your class is designed to do.

    Dhalphir on
  • Options
    Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I've never really had a problem with giving people the buffs they want. But sometimes the other paladin(s) in the group to not override your blessing because they don't listen, that shit gets old.

    I know I can solve this by getting pallypower, but I don't like it and I probably never will. I'm just so used to assigning blessings from when I raided ZG.

    Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    HamurabiHamurabi MiamiRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Paladins who don't use PallyPower just confuse me.

    Hamurabi on
This discussion has been closed.