As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Spam e-mail

Limp mooseLimp moose Registered User regular
edited February 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
So I am selling something on ebay. The auction ends today and I just got this email.

It has absolutely nothing to do with what I am selling.

What on earth is this some sort of scam? The email is below.

My name is Helen Collins.
I am a manager of ITS LLC. company. I am writing to inquire if you might be interested in part-time employment with our company. We propose a vacancy of the transfer agent. The average salary will be about $500-2000 monthly.
If you are interested email me to hr@llcmail.us and you'll receive more information shortly.

I don't plan on emailing them as I don't need the job but I am just curious what the fuck that is and why It is getting sent to me.

Limp moose on

• Options
    AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    It's junk, they are trying to use people for money laundering purposes. They have just picked up your email address from somewhere and I'm suprised it didn't go straight to your junk box really.

Adda on
    steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
  • Options
    Limp mooseLimp moose Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    they contacted me through my ebay listing. So the email came from ebay.

i figured as much. Thanks for clarifying. Was strange because the item for sale closes in like 20 minutes so i didnt want to dismiss it right away. BUt that email has nothing to do with what im selling.

Limp moose on
  • Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Any sort of transfer agent role is usually rather suspect. In my admittedly short experience there are very few legitimate jobs that require you to you use your own bank account to help shift money between your employer and their clients.

Kalkino on
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!