As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Mini-Phalla] Phatal Phury - village wins!

• jackisrealjackisreal Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    More ridiculousness!

Look--

The real seer must have contacted EB after he was proven good--and then EB decided to vote for J4. How is that not our safest vote?

And why doesn't anyone think it's suspicious that after The_Reflection came to Malkor's rescue in the thread, neither of them is dead even though it's round 4.

I think what we're seeing are the last few evil guys banding together and backing each other up in the thread, regardless of any reasoning or logic.

Come on village--let's play smart! Vote for the man Element Brian wanted you to vote for!

jackisreal on
  • Kay2Kay2 Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Uh-oh. This seems weird.

Kay2 on
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    One reason neither T_R nor Malkor is dead is because of the benefit to the village, doubtlessly. Insta-network head is always nice.

Brian could have voted for JaysonFour to try and confuse baddies? Odd strategy though.

So dunno, I'll think about it more.

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    edited February 2009
    So we're voting for JasonFour? Oh, Brian. Why did you die?

Kay2 on
  • SticksSticks I'd rather be in bed.Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I have to say jackisreal keeps coming up suspicious to me. Its nothing particularly noteworthy just gut feeling and all that, so I would have considered throwing a vote out for him even before two separate people claimed to be in contact with the seer.

On the bright side jack, if you are good then you are doing us a big favor because we have two people who just blatantly lied that can be killed off tomorrow. Oh and interestingly enough, I heard a rumor that a seer is dead already. Could just be misinformation in case I was a bad guy, but given the number of seer claims that just popped up...

Sticks on
    edited February 2009
    I'M SPARTACUS!

Er, Seeracus.

I'm not really.

Kay2 on
  • crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    !TehSloth for number 2, imo

crimsoncoyote on
    edited February 2009
    Sticks wrote: »
    On the bright side jack, if you are good then you are doing us a big favor because we have two people who just blatantly lied that can be killed off tomorrow.

Nah. If they are both lying, and we vote off jackisreal tonight, we will probably lose tonight. There's no reason for two people to lie like that if they are good. The most likely reason, by far, that two baddies would do that is if we will lose by voting off jackisreal tonight. In that case, either jackisreal is important to the goodie cause, or they only need one more night.

Hey crimson, how about voting for a #1? We don't really need to worry about a second place, we've got kind of an important decision for first. . .

Also, it could be that TehSloth is a baddie. In which case, voting off jackisreal guarantees a baddie will win the tourney.

kime on
    Steam profile
    edited February 2009
    Ok, I'll switch my vote. But I strongly suggest taking a look at Sloth (no, I don't have any actual hard proof, but I am serious about it)...

!jackisreal

crimsoncoyote on
    edited February 2009
    Ok, I'll switch my vote. But I strongly suggest taking a look at Sloth (no, I don't have any actual hard proof, but I am serious about it)...

I've been saying that for days!! But yeah, nothing to do about it now since we've got a bigger debate going on. Except. . . TehSloth, fight me! Our last match was inconclusive.

kime on
    Steam profile
  • FrostMistFrostMist NorwayRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    !The_Reflection - let's see what you're made of.

FrostMist on
    Untitled-1.jpg
    edited February 2009
    FrostMist wrote: »
    !The_Reflection - let's see what you're made of.

Please choose the words that best complete the following sentences:

"I just challenged a mason. I am _______."

a) trying to kill him because I'm evil.
    b) trying to kill him because I'm dumb.
    c) trying to kill him because I'm assuming that no one bothered to seer him or Malkor after they revealed and pass the information along to EB before he died.

Sticks on
    edited February 2009
    I'll go for C :wink: but if you want to dance instead, !Sticks - that'll be quite alright.

FrostMist on
    Untitled-1.jpg
  • kuhlmeyekuhlmeye Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    A win for the baddies tonight seems very unlikely. There's still 14 people left, and we've already killed two of them. Unless Nightmare Geese gets like, 7-8 kills I think we're ok.

Another thing, are we just gonna let him hang around today? Oh no, don't worry about Nightmare Geese. Turns out he's a good guy.

kuhlmeye on
    PSN: the-K-flash
    edited February 2009
    See now I really want to vote for you. What do we have to gain from challenges? A good guy shouldn't accept because losing means one less good guy. A bad guy won't accept unless he knows he can win because they are down two members already and their boss has been outed. Gambling one of their remaining members on a chance to kill off one extra villager isn't worth the risk.*

*I always assume my adversary isn't stupid until proven otherwise

edit: this was to FrostMist

Sticks on
    edited February 2009
    kime wrote: »
    On the bright side jack, if you are good then you are doing us a big favor because we have two people who just blatantly lied that can be killed off tomorrow.

Nah. If they are both lying, and we vote off jackisreal tonight, we will probably lose tonight. There's no reason for two people to lie like that if they are good. The most likely reason, by far, that two baddies would do that is if we will lose by voting off jackisreal tonight. In that case, either jackisreal is important to the goodie cause, or they only need one more night.

Hey crimson, how about voting for a #1? We don't really need to worry about a second place, we've got kind of an important decision for first. . .

Also, it could be that TehSloth is a baddie. In which case, voting off jackisreal guarantees a baddie will win the tourney.

It's possible that they are trying to guarantee a bad guy victory in the tournament, but could the reward for doing so really be worth sacrificing TWO of their members? If we want to be sure we could always vig TehSloth and vote off jackisreal :P

Sticks on
    edited February 2009
    See now I really want to vote for you. What do we have to gain from challenges? A good guy shouldn't accept because losing means one less good guy. A bad guy won't accept unless he knows he can win because they are down two members already and their boss has been outed. Gambling one of their remaining members on a chance to kill off one extra villager isn't worth the risk.*

*I always assume my adversary isn't stupid until proven otherwise

edit: this was to FrostMist

*shrugs* just a bit bored not being able to influence anything, really - so I wanna go do something, but apparently that was wrong of me. *sighs*

FrostMist on
    Untitled-1.jpg
    edited February 2009
    So...why is everyone voting for me?

jackisreal on
    edited February 2009
    jackisreal wrote: »
    Because two people claimed you're evil. Two voices against one voice; you are pretty much screwed unless something revealing comes up, probably.

It's possible that they are trying to guarantee a bad guy victory in the tournament, but could the reward for doing so really be worth sacrificing TWO of their members? If we want to be sure we could always vig TehSloth and vote off jackisreal :P
    We lost our vig.

kime on
    Steam profile
    edited February 2009
    Everyone keeps mentioning TehSloth, and no one is voting for him. I, for one, want to make sure a good guy wins the tournament.

!TehSloth

I still can't believe people aren't following the last actions of the network head. Oh well.

jackisreal on
    edited February 2009
    !TehSloth

FrostMist on
    Untitled-1.jpg
    edited February 2009
    jackisreal wrote: »
    Because two people claimed you're evil. Two voices against one voice; you are pretty much screwed unless something revealing comes up, probably.

We lost our vig.

I was assuming there was another one based on CJ getting hit twice, but then I looked at the other move that killed him and...yea.....

Sticks on
  • TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I think everyones just jealous that we made it all the way to the finals. Even though I think it's pretty dirty to vote out your opponent, in the interest of self-preservation I'm gonna have to go withjackisreal.

TehSloth on
    FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
    edited February 2009
    TehSloth wrote: »
    I think everyones just jealous that we made it all the way to the finals. Even though I think it's pretty dirty to vote out your opponent, in the interest of self-preservation I'm gonna have to go withjackisreal.

I'm a tad jealous, but I never really expected to make it there as a power 4 myself. Mostly, I'm just worried about a bad guy winning and getting some bad ass power that screws us over.

Sticks on
    edited February 2009
    kuhlmeye wrote: »
    Another thing, are we just gonna let him hang around today? Oh no, don't worry about Nightmare Geese. Turns out he's a good guy.

It seems to me that *something* keeps bringing him back. He's been killed/voted off 3 times. We should stop wasting our vote already and explore other avenues.

crimsoncoyote on
    edited February 2009
    kuhlmeye wrote: »

It seems to me that *something* keeps bringing him back. He's been killed/voted off 3 times. We should stop wasting our vote already and explore other avenues.

Agreed. As much as I'd like to get the vote off of me, voting for Maximus is probably pointless. Investigating J4, The Reflection, and TehSloth will probably be more productive.

jackisreal on
    edited February 2009
    Wolfgang Krauser, the guy that uses the 'Kaiser Wave' power?

That's the only guy that Howard Geese fears, apparently.

Kay2 on
  • BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Just another warning, guys. Might not be around for vote close tonight.

Burnage on
    edited February 2009
    Burnage wrote: »
    Just another warning, guys. Might not be around for vote close tonight.

Trying to vote dodge eh? You are getting suspiciouser by the moment Burnage.

I've got my eye on you criminal.
    please don't make rocks fall on me

Sticks on
  • The Lord of HatsThe Lord of Hats Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    JaysonFour

Crap, why did I miss the vote last night...

The Lord of Hats on
  • kuhlmeyekuhlmeye Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Hmmm... none of these votes seem good to me. But I suppose I'll go with the supposed masons and hit !Jackisreal. Sorry I guess?

kuhlmeye on
    PSN: the-K-flash
  • JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Vote Count:

jackisreal has 9 votes.

TehSloth has 2 votes.

JaysonFour has 1 vote.

Challenges: FrostMist has challenged The_Reflection and Sticks. Neither has been accepted.

TheLawinator and Kay have not voted yet.

JaysonFour on
    steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
    edited February 2009
    Then I shall vote for !Jackisreal.

Kay2 on
    edited February 2009
    And vote is closed!

I lied when I said I wouldn't be back. :winky:

Burnage on
    edited February 2009
    Day Five News Broadcast

"And the city has finally seen the end of the tournament! Unfortunately, the final fight was brought to a short end as jackisreal was a no-show. Which of course means TehSloth is the automatic winner!

I wonder what that could mean for everyone else?

SNN, signing off!"

The following players have been hospitalised:
    JaysonFour - Kim Kaphwan - Kaiser Waved
    jackisreal - Billy Kane - Booted out of Southtown

Day Five will end at midnight GMT.

Burnage on
    edited February 2009
    !TehSloth

Also, why oh why was JaysonFour Kaiser Waved when I believe someone said Geese was afraid of the dude that does it or somesuch.

Unless it's an evil person.

crimsoncoyote on
    edited February 2009
    Well, I shall wait and follow The_Reflection and/or JaysonFour, since both of those claimed to be in contact with a seer and pointed us to jackisreal, which was a good decision.

Although I, too, suspect TehSloth. There has to be a reason he has not been in any duel, and I doubt it's good.

kime on
    Steam profile
    edited February 2009
    Wolfgang Krauser -is- the only man Howard Geese is afraid of! He's also a boss or sub-boss in the Fatal Fury games, and possibly an evil and/or neutral.

Also, we should get less Stick Beating now that Billy Kane's gone. I forget who used the pool cue, though.

Kay2 on
    edited February 2009
    Well, I shall wait and follow The_Reflection and/or JaysonFour, since both of those claimed to be in contact with a seer and pointed us to jackisreal, which was a good decision.

Although I, too, suspect TehSloth. There has to be a reason he has not been in any duel, and I doubt it's good.

He's dead, Jim.

EDIT: @Kay, with what kime brought up about JaysonFour, and what you said, it leads me to believe that Krauser isn't a cool dude.

crimsoncoyote on
    edited February 2009
    He's . . . dead. I knew that! *ahem*

Well then T_R, I await your lead. 'cause I feel like being a sheep and you earned my trust for a vote target.

And I can't think of a very good reason for a good vig to have killed J4, although I suppose it's possible. So I agree CC, Krauser is probably not with the village's best interests in mind.

kime on
    Steam profile