As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Madrid/Spain Trip

KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
edited February 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
Galleries/Museums

I’ve booked a holiday kind of late to Spain (in the last couple of weeks). I’m flying into Madrid next week then flying out five days later from the same airport and I am trying to decide how to spend my time. Specifically, should I take two days out of that five and head to somewhere like Seville or Valencia, or should I instead take two day trips out of Madrid to nearby areas?

I’ve booked 3 days accommodation in Madrid and need to return to that airport regardless of final destination. My intention is to primarily spend this trip in Madrid.

I travel on the basis of my interest in history, so in regards to Spain that would be the Roman/Carthage era, Muslim/Reconquest era , the Hapsburg era then the Civil War and Franco’s rule.

I also like eating out. Since I’ll be travelling alone this time I’m not too concerned about good bars or the like

So, what do you think? Any suggestions based on experience?

Note – I’ve guidebooks/internetz, so don’t worry about giving me detailed lists, unless you really want to do so. I've also read up on the previous forum posts on this topic.

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
Kalkino on