As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

New Stuff

oysterboyoysterboy Registered User regular
edited February 2009 in Artist's Corner
Hey everyone. Here's some recent stuff from me. Let me know what you think of any or all of it. ;)

mapsBW2.jpg

3.jpg

canvasgirl.jpg

HeartBlackcharactersketches25.jpg

Lily.jpg

LilySketches.jpg

Honey666Kitten.jpg

Barbarella.jpg

LASTDAY.jpg

Thomas.jpg

AnnieBanannie.jpg

Thomas2.jpg

Some of you may remember my comic BLEED which I displayed here a few months ago while it competed on Zudacomics.com to become an ongoing series. It came in third, but had more votes than it normally takes to win! So unfortunately I was stuck in a very competitive month.
Some of the sketches above are for my next Zuda comics entry titled LILY OF THE VALLEY. Here's a teaser page for it.
It follows a teenage girl serial killer in a small town. There's a mysterious albino boy who wanders the woods at night, known to the town as the white ghost of elmwood. There's ancient catacombs beneath the town, and senior citizens being sliced and diced teen slasher film style, and much more.
I'm giving you this preview here cause I got alot of support from folks here during the last competition on Zuda, and thought you deserved a sneak peak and a heads up ;)

- Adam

oysterboy on

• Options
    UrantiaUrantia regular
    edited February 2009
    Here be a very graphic style- and that's what's up(ping my boner!)!

Pentel Pocket Brush Pen in any of these by any chance?

Urantia on
    Ignore the above.
  • Options
    D-RobeD-Robe Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I like your drawings.
    I wish I had a better critique tho.

D-Robe on
    Cheese.
  • Options
    MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Good stuff, this maybe a bit presumtuous but from what I can see here foreshortening maybe a weak point to work on.

Mustang on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Urantia - Thanks! lol Faber Castell brush tip markers and Winsor and Newtor series 7 number 3 brush and ink. A combination of those were used for everything.

D-Robe - Thanks. Critiques are great but so is praise! I'll take either.lol thanks . :)

Mustang - Thanks.! I was going for an askew perspective and foreshortening on the Lily teaser page, but you're probably right anyway that that's something I should work on. Thanks for pointing it out.

oysterboy on
  • Options
    ManonvonSuperockManonvonSuperock Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    good work. post more of it.

ManonvonSuperock on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    ManonvonSuperock - Thanks. Sure thing too. I'll keep you guys posted on the production of the LILY OF THE VALLEY comic I'm putting together for Zudacomics.com. So when it pops up on Zuda you can be like "hey I knew about this cool shit before the rest of you so fuck off" ... or something like that...

oysterboy on
  • Options
    beavotronbeavotron Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    like your style and i'm really digging the first one
    good work

beavotron on
  • Options
    falconirefalconire Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I'm a big fan of the high contrast b&w look. So big props there. Have you done anything professionally?

falconire on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    beavotron - Thanks so much. :)

falconire - Thanks! I've always dug high contrast and real design and graphic oriented comics as well. Haven't done anything professionally yet (aside from BLEED on Zudacomics.com which was a huge success but didn't win a contract), but I'm working on it. Hopefully soon. The only real IN to the industry that I see at the moment is Zudacomics.com so I'm working on LILY OF THE VALLEY to submit. I'm not sure how else to go about it, aside from just doing a full comic on my own and self publishing or shopping it around, which is something I may do with LILY if it doesn't succeed on Zuda.

oysterboy on
  • Options
    spellchromespellchrome Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I really like the hand drawing (in addition to the others). What I like is the line thickness that forms the outline - it's varied just right.

The contrast, as other have mentioned, is excellent in a couple of your pictures. So are the expressions. It's all good stuff.

If you're looking for more challenges, I think some more fully rendered characters that we can see head to toe would be great. Just my 2 cents. I like your work.

spellchrome on