As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Please lock] Glue soaked through fabric

ToldoToldo But actually,WeegianRegistered User regular
edited February 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
This is an emergency.

I am working on a project that had me glue pieces of ribbon/fabric to a white sheet. After gluing a pieces of satin-y fabric to it, the glue is now bleeding through, making the whole thing look very ugly. The glue is not fully dried yet. Will this go away (if ever so slightly) or am I fucked? I can't wash the sheet either, you see.

Toldo on

• Options
    LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    What sort of glue have you used? Some glue soaks through and leaves a mark (wallpaper paste, some soaks through and changes the colour/texture of the fabric, and some just sits on the surface (copydex applied thinly). If it was PVA, you could use a hairdryer to speed up the drying.

Or, if you have enough spare ribbon/fabric, could you remove what you've put on already and use bondaweb iron on stuff instead of glue?

LewieP's Mummy on
    For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • Options
    ToldoToldo But actually, WeegianRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Problem "solved." I went to the girls across the hall and she was kind enough to sew me a brand new piece of fabric that would basically cover the old one.

Toldo on
  • Options
    ImprovoloneImprovolone Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Depending on the glue you used, you are probably fucked.
    For future fabric gluing, use spray glues. 3M makes very nice ones that are instantly tacky and won't bleed.

Improvolone on
    Voice actor for hire. My time is free if your project is!
This discussion has been closed.