As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Fashion: like, clothes and stuff

1565758596062»

• Options
    scrivenerjonesscrivenerjones Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Cyvros wrote: »
    I usually use it to wipe my mouth if a serviette or tissue isn't handy. Well, when I say I use my handkerchief to wipe my mouth, I mean the one in my back left pants pocket. Back right is for my nose.

okay but what colors are the ones in your back pockets?

scrivenerjones on
  • Options
    CyvrosCyvros Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I usually use it to wipe my mouth if a serviette or tissue isn't handy. Well, when I say I use my handkerchief to wipe my mouth, I mean the one in my back left pants pocket. Back right is for my nose.

okay but what colors are the ones in your back pockets?
    Oh, dear God. D:
    I am so tempted to make a third handkerchief joke.

Cyvros on
  • Options
    TrusTrus Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I am about this close to buying these three things;

http://canada.roots.com/SeaforthStripedRingerT-Shirt/t-shirtsAndTops//03022870,default,pd.html?cgid=mensClearance&selectedColor=0731

http://canada.roots.com/DigbyShortSleeveShirt/t-shirtsAndTops//01030304,default,pd.html?cgid=mensClearance&selectedColor=2706

http://canada.roots.com/BarronTrackJacket/hoodiesandSweaters//03042311,default,pd.html?cgid=mensClearance&selectedColor=2008

I'm hesitating mostly because this is money I was partially going to spend buying a new pea coat (which I still have to buy, so its $65 I wasn't counting on spending) and because of the coat, since I am going to be buying a new pea coat anyway it kind of seems like a waste. However, I *really* like the track jacket and its probably the reason I am thinking about buying the set.

I need you guys to either talk me into, or out of, buying these things

Trus on
    qFN53.png
  • Options
    DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2009
    http://www.express.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=21804

Trying to get away from jeans, and I khaki is too tame. Thoughts? I saw it in the store the other day, but they didn't have my size. It seemed a little darker than the photos suggest, and the plaid pattern is pretty subdued.

Doc on
  • Options
    sabyulsabyul Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Trus: double zippy is something I've always been really curious about, but never really committed to buying one of my own. I imagine it's most interesting on a garment long enough to let the bottom parts kind of out... I dunno. Personally I would never get a button down with short sleeves, but that's just me.

Doc: I'm in the same boat as you. I've basically worn jeans every day ever for the past almost 10 years, and though there is some variation to be had, I'm thinking about that same stuff (I shop Express a lot). "Dry Clean Only" is really the only reason why I haven't taken the plunge already :(

sabyul on
    http://www.frame-advantage.com - Specializing in high quality fighting game video content
  • Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Doc wrote: »

Trying to get away from jeans, and I khaki is too tame. Thoughts? I saw it in the store the other day, but they didn't have my size. It seemed a little darker than the photos suggest, and the plaid pattern is pretty subdued.

:^:

Though I rather like Glen Plaid to begin with.

moniker on
  • Options
    CommunistCowCommunistCow Abstract Metal ThingyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009

Looks good but I would get them with no break. I'm amazed at how many times i've seen shots of clothes that don't fit the model. You would think they would take the time to find clothes to fit the model if they are going to use it on their website / in their advertisements.

CommunistCow on
    No, I am not really communist. Yes, it is weird that I use this name.
  • Options
    edited October 2009

Looks good but I would get them with no break. I'm amazed at how many times i've seen shots of clothes that don't fit the model. You would think they would take the time to find clothes to fit the model if they are going to use it on their website / in their advertisements.

Yeah, the 34" inseam gives me a short break.

Doc on
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    how do I look fashion thread
    CIMG0063.jpg

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Pretty good but you might want to shave some of that neck/chest hair. The only other odd thing is the elastic band at the end of the sleeves it looks a little odd on your right arm.

Its getting close to winter so you should start getting some layering awesomesauce going on.

CommunistCow on
  • Options
    jeddy leejeddy lee Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I feel like a 20 year old Jack Bauer is going to strangle me then sleep with my wife. I do reccomend for going for this look though:

dune_lynch_feyd.jpg

By me saying you look like a young Sting / Keifer Southerland is a total complement, you have quite a dynamic face.

jeddy lee on
    Backlog Challenge: 0%
    0/8

PS2
    FF X replay

PS3
    God of War 1&2 HD
    Rachet and Clank Future
    MGS 4
    Prince of Persia

Bayonetta
    Fable 3

DS
    FF: 4 heroes of light
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I love your hair and sideburns. Feels so wonderfully seventies. :D

Cyvros on
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Do ear muffs reliably stay on your head when you run or will I have to get a hat to keep my ears warm during my morning jogs?

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    TheBoginatorTheBoginator Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    There are "ear muffs" made for running and stuff, but I'd suggest you start off with a hat, and then add the ear muffs if your ears are still cold. Also, most ear muffs look terrible.

TheBoginator on
    TheBoginator.gif
    Robman wrote: »
    No you don't. It's mass effect brah, just grab your controller in one hand and your dick with the other and go to town
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    There are "ear muffs" made for running and stuff, but I'd suggest you start off with a hat, and then add the ear muffs if your ears are still cold. Also, most ear muffs look terrible.

so does running, so it's a wash.

Doc on
  • Options
    KealohaKealoha Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Pretty good but you might want to shave some of that neck/chest hair. The only other odd thing is the elastic band at the end of the sleeves it looks a little odd on your right arm.

Its getting close to winter so you should start getting some layering awesomesauce going on.

Let's just get this out of the way: don't shave your chest hair.

Kealoha on
    !! ! ! !!
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009

haha thanks I think?

and no I'm not shaving my chest hair. I feel as though that would be false advertising.

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    LurkLurk Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I want to get a hat, but very few hats sit well on me. : (

Lurk on
    415429-1.png?1281464977
  • Options
    SosSos Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    head shape? facial characteristics? hair color? hair style? what else you're wearing?

These all play a role in choosing a good hat

Sos on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I'll go take some pictures of me wearing hats.

Lurk on
    415429-1.png?1281464977
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Sos wrote: »
    head shape? facial characteristics? hair color? hair style? what else you're wearing?

These all play a role in choosing a good hat

Quickly took pictures once I found some time after I gathered some hats. Ignore the weird shirt thing around the neck, that's just not me looking into the mirror before I took pictures.
    hats.jpg

Lurk on
    415429-1.png?1281464977
  • Options
    SosSos Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Mostly my opinion, I'm sure some will disagree. This advice is if you aren't going for a hipster look (imo, if you're trying to make it look good)

3 & 6 That hat is less for style and more about functionality. It's a great hat to wear while doing athletic things during the winter (keepers ears warm, doesn't fly off easily). It isn't too stylish so I wouldn't be wearing it during warm weather unless I need to cover my hair.
    4&5 Baseball caps are very casual, and they're fine on a youngster with t-shirt and jeans. I really only wear them when playing baseball though I think it's fine in any casual setting. Although when you see it on older middle aged men it is sorta a sign they're hiding their receding hair line
    7. Uh, never seen that before. Looks like a bad gatsby hat. Not something that looks good either. Closet it for good.
    8. No.
    9. If you got a leather jacket and sexy jeans that may work if it fit your head better and you were on a motorcycle. It's way too loose for a skullcap. Keep it for costumes.

With out knowing your personal style...
    I'd suggest a driving cap (it goes by several other names). You can wear it with anything casual though I'd keep it one step above like a casual button down with rolled up sleeves and such. Something like this. Baseball caps are fine also.

And please, please don't do fedoras unless you truly are dressed up to the tip top. I see it way too often some shmuck walking around with one and tshirt and jeans. It always looks bad.

Sos on
  • Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I want this coat, but it may be too pricey. I'm a graduate student, I'm not supposed to have nice things.

MrMister on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Sos wrote: »
    Mostly my opinion, I'm sure some will disagree. This advice is if you aren't going for a hipster look (imo, if you're trying to make it look good)

3 & 6 That hat is less for style and more about functionality. It's a great hat to wear while doing athletic things during the winter (keepers ears warm, doesn't fly off easily). It isn't too stylish so I wouldn't be wearing it during warm weather unless I need to cover my hair.
    4&5 Baseball caps are very casual, and they're fine on a youngster with t-shirt and jeans. I really only wear them when playing baseball though I think it's fine in any casual setting. Although when you see it on older middle aged men it is sorta a sign they're hiding their receding hair line
    7. Uh, never seen that before. Looks like a bad gatsby hat. Not something that looks good either. Closet it for good.
    8. No.
    9. If you got a leather jacket and sexy jeans that may work if it fit your head better and you were on a motorcycle. It's way too loose for a skullcap. Keep it for costumes.

With out knowing your personal style...
    I'd suggest a driving cap (it goes by several other names). You can wear it with anything casual though I'd keep it one step above like a casual button down with rolled up sleeves and such. Something like this. Baseball caps are fine also.

And please, please don't do fedoras unless you truly are dressed up to the tip top. I see it way too often some shmuck walking around with one and tshirt and jeans. It always looks bad.

I am not going for any particular style, but in the summer I tend to look slightly hipster-ish while I get more preppy during the winter.

Baseball caps sit terrible on me and I personally don't own one (those were my brothers). 3 and 6 I use in the winter, but right now I would prefer avoiding getting hat head. 8 and 9 are silly hats (while 7 is a driving cap viewed from a terrible, terrible angle) that are for halloween. I can't pull off a fedora to be honest, but I would like to add it to my silly hat collection.

So is a driving cap is my best bet then?

Lurk on
    415429-1.png?1281464977
  • Options
    ScalfinScalfin __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2009
    French Foreign Legion hat!

Scalfin on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The rest of you, I fucking hate you for the fact that I now have a blue dot on this god awful thread.
  • Options
    scrivenerjonesscrivenerjones Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Just don't wear a hat

problem solved

edit: this applies to basically everyone

scrivenerjones on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Just don't wear a hat

problem solved

but it's so cold

Lurk on
    415429-1.png?1281464977
  • Options
    ScalfinScalfin __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2009
    Lurk wrote: »
    Just don't wear a hat

problem solved

but it's so cold

Then start living in a country that matters.

Scalfin on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The rest of you, I fucking hate you for the fact that I now have a blue dot on this god awful thread.
  • Options
    edited October 2009

haha thanks I think?
    Don't worry, it was a compliment. I think all that Life on Mars got to me.

Cyvros on
  • Options
    TrusTrus Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    MrMister wrote: »
    I want this coat, but it may be too pricey. I'm a graduate student, I'm not supposed to have nice things.

Thats a nice coat, you should buy it

Trus on
    qFN53.png
  • Options
    psycojesterpsycojester Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Speaking of hats, is there any outfit with which a Ushanka will work?

edit: And why don't Urban Outfitters ship internationally!? I want this

psycojester on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    CheerfulBearCheerfulBear Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    If you're not in Eastern Europe, the Ushanka will not work with any outfit.

CheerfulBear on
  • Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    If you want a Russian winter hat go with the Ambassador style. That way you won't look like a lumberjack.

moniker on
  • Options
    TheBoginatorTheBoginator Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    There are some places where looking like a lumberjack is a good thing.

TheBoginator on
    TheBoginator.gif
    Robman wrote: »
    No you don't. It's mass effect brah, just grab your controller in one hand and your dick with the other and go to town
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    There are some places where looking like a lumberjack is a good thing.

Forests?

Lurk on
    415429-1.png?1281464977
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Or the logo on a roll of paper towels.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    CommunistCow on
This discussion has been closed.