As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Xbox 360 Controller Question

Arch Guru XXArch Guru XX Registered User regular
edited November 2006 in Help / Advice Forum
Today I was playing Gears of War and enabled vibration in my first-party wireless controller (normally I leave vibration off to preserve battery life). Once I enabled vibration the 'ring of light' on the controller started behaving differently than what I'm used to.

Normally one quadrant - typically the 'player 1' quadrant - light up. However, after I enabled vibration I would periodically see the lights flicker, two opposite lights at a time. It looks vaguely like the lights are rotating clockwise, although clearly it's just having lights 1 and 3 light up simultaneously, then 2 and 4, then 1 and 3, etc.

My questions is: what does this mean? Is this simply an indicator that vibration is active? Does it mean the batteries are low on power? Does it mean something is wrong with the controller's connection to the console? I've looked aroung a bit and not found an explanation, but I might just be retarded.

Thanks for the help!

Should have been a rock star.
Arch Guru XX on

• Options
    SerpentSerpent Sometimes Vancouver, BC, sometimes Brisbane, QLDRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    your batteries on low on juice.

if you're using the official battery pack, this occurs around 25% to 50% battery life left i think.

Serpent on
  • Options
    Arch Guru XXArch Guru XX Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Thanks!

This is solved, mods please feel free to lock.

Arch Guru XX on
    Should have been a rock star.