As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Your friends don't [chat] and if they don't [chat] then they're no friends of mine

FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARDinterior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
edited February 2009 in Debate and/or Discourse
Everybody look at your hands!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcOZ6xFxJqg

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
Feral on

• Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    So this new fan in the front of my case is working wonders. I'm sitting pretty at 19C idle, 22-23C at load. Better yet, my GPU has gone from 75-77C at load (in DoW 2 only, everything else it usually hits 65 and stops) to about 63-65 at load. At idle it's a cool 30-33C. 8-)

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    So this new fan in the front of my case is working wonders. I'm sitting pretty at 19C idle, 22-23C at load. Better yet, my GPU has gone from 75-77C at load (in DoW 2 only, everything else it usually hits 65 and stops) to about 63-65 at load. At idle it's a cool 30-33C. 8-)

Nabad. :)

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    edited February 2009
    Side note: it spins like a motherfucker. About 2000 RPMs. Little bastard already chopped off a few pieces of my thumb.

It's really quite great. My system used to be 40C idle. This is an incredible improvement.

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Is someone getting the best
    the best the best the best

of you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dGbRW3dEfU

RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    The Foo Fighters put on a fucking great live show.

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I'd love to see them live sometime.

<3 Dave Grohl.

Feral on

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    have foo fighters finally gotten around to decrying that aids denier lady

Pony on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I didn't get to sleep until 6 this morning. So, I just popped two Benadryl with a beer.

Should help me get to sleep at a halfway reasonable time.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Thanatos wrote: »
    I didn't get to sleep until 6 this morning. So, I just popped two Benadryl with a beer.

That's my usual insomnia therapy too.

Or two Benadryl with whiskey.

Feral on

• Options
    edited February 2009

M-M-M-M-M-MULTIPLIER EFFECT.

RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • Options
    SamiSami Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited February 2009
    I'm making poast from Windows 7!

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I love how they sell benadryl for allergies at one price and repackage the same shit as a sleep aid and charge three times as much across the aisle.

Feral on

• Options
    edited February 2009
    Organichu: how do you like it?

Feral on

• Options
    edited February 2009
    Feral wrote: »

That's my usual insomnia therapy too.

Or two Benadryl with whiskey.
    I mean, I could use Nyquil, but then I'm taking, like, three drugs I don't need along with the two I do, so this is a better way to go.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I love how they sell benadryl for allergies at one price and repackage the same shit as a sleep aid and charge three times as much across the aisle.
    Excedrin Migraine and Extra Strength Excedrin have a similar price discrepancy. They're even right next to each other. Identical ingredients.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I want my laptop to come.

Edit: Isn't Excedrin Migraine made with that special fast-dissolving filler or is that just marketing hype?

Feral on

• Options
    edited February 2009
  • Options
    duallainduallain Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

Edit: Isn't Excedrin Migraine made with that special fast-dissolving filler or is that just marketing hype?
    I thought it had a little caffeine in it. That would still fall under the super overpriced thing, but at least it would be a little different.

duallain on
  • Options
    yalborapyalborap Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Excedrin Migraine and Extra Strength Excedrin have a similar price discrepancy. They're even right next to each other. Identical ingredients.

But are they in the same proportions?

yalborap on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    yalborap wrote: »
    But are they in the same proportions?
    Yes. Their active ingredients are identical.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

It is interesting. I haven't tweaked it at all, so I just have IE and WMP, but meh. So far desktop widgets are the same... basic looks are good, lots of transparency, smooth, delineating lines... new menu options, very snappy response time, not weighed down in the same way AERO was on Vista.

The trackpad (even with all drivers straight from the OSX disc) on my Macbook doesn't play too nice (scrolling is super jerky) but that's hardware specific. As an OS I have no complaints so far.

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    duallain wrote: »

I thought it had a little caffeine in it. That would still fall under the super overpriced thing, but at least it would be a little different.

So does regular Excedrin.

Feral on

• Options
    edited February 2009
    Organichu wrote: »

It is interesting. I haven't tweaked it at all, so I just have IE and WMP, but meh. So far desktop widgets are the same... basic looks are good, lots of transparency, smooth, delineating lines... new menu options, very snappy response time, not weighed down in the same way AERO was on Vista.

The trackpad (even with all drivers straight from the OSX disc) on my Macbook doesn't play too nice (scrolling is super jerky) but that's hardware specific. As an OS I have no complaints so far.

Interesting.

My laptop that I just bought is coming with Vista. I'm probably going to reformat it immediately and dual-boot either XP/Ubuntu or Win7/Ubuntu.

Feral on

• Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Over the course of exactly 1 hour, my digital recorder runs 170 milliseconds long. Or, if you're going by SMPTE 29.97 drop frame, about 5 frames. That's not too bad. I'll have to run a few other tests and see if they yield similar results.

Gim on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

That's out?

How is it?

Gim on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I guess I'm a total numbnuts but I just assumed that I'd be able to view the non system data on my OSX partition from Windows- my media, specifically. I just figured I wouldn't be able to make use of any system data or anything like that. Like, I'd go to My Computer and it would be "C: Windows" and "D: Mac" or whatever, and I could still access the media on either partition from either OS.

Is that not possible?

Organichu on
  • Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Gim wrote: »

That's out?

How is it?

The Beta is.

Nova_C on
  • Options
    gundam470gundam470 Drunk Gorilla CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009

That's out?

How is it?

Beta is out. Well it was, i think you can no longer download it officially as of a couple of weeks ago.

gundam470 on
    gorillaSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2009

That's out?

How is it?

The beta's widely available. It's better looking than Vista, as light as 98, and snappier than either. I like it a lot so far (in the 30 minutes I've used it).

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I guess I'm a total numbnuts but I just assumed that I'd be able to view the non system data on my OSX partition from Windows- my media, specifically. I just figured I wouldn't be able to make use of any system data or anything like that. Like, I'd go to My Computer and it would be "C: Windows" and "D: Mac" or whatever, and I could still access the media on either partition from either OS.

Is that not possible?

Only if the OSX partition is formatted with a format that Windows can read. Which it likely isn't.

Nova_C on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I HAVE ACCESS TO NONE OF MY MUSIC BLARGH.

Organichu on
  • Options
    gundam470gundam470 Drunk Gorilla CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009

Is that not possible?

Maybe you can see your windows stuff from OSX but i know xp can't view my linux partition even though i can see my windows stuff from ubuntu.

gundam470 on
    gorillaSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Thanks Nova. I guess I'll listen to some music on Pandora or something. :(

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Thanks Nova. I guess I'll listen to some music on Pandora or something. :(

Proprietary formats can suck my dick.

And Apple is probably one of the worst offenders for proprietary bullshit.

Nova_C on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    As light as 98? Details, please.

Gim on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    As light as 98? Details, please.

Granted I haven't installed anything but there is no bulk at all to the user interface. Absolutely every animation, query, process... all very fast and snappy. The moment to render web pages (past the point where they've actually downloaded), the split second to access control panel or my computer, the little motions for minimizing, maximizing, opening, closing- despite looking modern, sleek, and powerful, everything is incredibly responsive.

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

Is that not possible?

You need a third-party program to mount HFS+ partitions in Windows.

Edit: Like this: http://hem.bredband.net/catacombae/hfsx.html

Feral on

• Options
    edited February 2009
    Also I uh... I'm not sure how to right click. :o The standard method I use in OSX isn't working.

Organichu on
  • Options
    GreeperGreeper Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I have decreed this an achewood [chat].

Greeper on
This discussion has been closed.