As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Big Street Fighter Tournament thread *Sign ups are closed*

MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice ActorKirkland, WARegistered User regular
edited May 2009 in Games and Technology
Threadlogo-1.jpg

This thread will be used to hold PA member only tournaments for both Street Fighter 4 (SF4) and Super Street Fighter II Turbo: HD Remix (HDR).

The tournaments will be played on the 360 and PS3 for both games.

This thread is NOT to be used for discussions about unlocking characters, general strats, Seth complaints, or anything else related to SF4 or HDR. The only discussions should be about rules, setting up games, and talking about the actual tournament matches themselves. Please reroute all questions to the following threads:

The HD Remix Thread
The Street Fighter 4 Thread

**PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE POST BEFORE SENDING ME A PM.**

Ok everyone, it's go time for tournament sign-ups. Because I've added a lot of extra tournaments into the mix, I'll need everyone to pay special attention when signing up for the next round of games. Here are the new tournaments and the accompanying rules:

SET
Single Elimination Tournament (SET)

Here are the current rules:

-Single elimination style tournament.
-In SF4, all characters are selectable. That includes Gouken, Akuma, and Seth. There is no reason to have them banned at this time. They might be in the future if it is proven that those characters are broken.
-In HDR, Akuma is banned. This might change in the future, but at this time he is NOT allowed to be selected.
-All games will be played with a 99 second time limit and the rounds set to 5.
-A player advances after winning two out of three games.
-After a game is over, the winner must keep his character while the loser has the option of changing.
-Any controller or arcade stick is allowed. However, turbo functions are NOT allowed. It is very difficult to prove their use, so once again, we will be using an honor system. Don't use turbo!

Tournament progression:

-Once the bracket is posted, find your opponent and either PM them here or send them a message via XBL.
-Establish a time to play that works for both players.
-Play out your matches according to the rules above.
-Post up the results in the forum in the following fashion:

SF4 360 SET:

MNC Dover (Zangief) < TheSuperWoot (Chun-Li)
MNC Dover (Sagat) > TheSuperWoot (Chun-Li)
MNC Dover (Sagat) < TheSuperWoot (Chun-Li)

TheSuperWoot > MNC Dover 2-1

-Failure to post up your results properly will be an extremely stern talking to by me. Seriously, it makes it easier for me to pick out results from the posts this way.

Other notes:

-This is a friendly PA tourney and as such, we are relying on an honor system. If you lose, you lose. Congratulate your opponent and cheer him on to win the whole thing. Seek revenge in the next tourney.
-All match-ups have a three day window to be completed. Once a match has been completed, it is up to the players to send each other PM's or messages to start up their next match. If the opponent needs an extension, then it must be agreed upon by both players and it doesn't hold up the tournament.
-In the case where one player has sent repeated PM's or messages with no response, then the player that is sending the messages must send a PM to both me and the opponent, as well as post in the forum. If no response is heard with 48 hours then the player who sent the message to me will be automatically advanced to the next round.
-If two players can't connect to each other and it's still the first round of the tournament, then one player will be reseeded to the opposite end of the bracket. If there are connection issues after the first round, then one of the following two options must be followed:
1)One player forfeits.
2)Both players play against a neutral 3rd party and based on the results of the match-ups, one player is eliminated.
-These rules can be changed via player suggestions and my discretion.

TDET
Team Double Elimination Tournament (TSET)

-Teams will be comprised of three players per team.
-Team based double elimination style tournament.
-Each team will assign it's players a slot numbered 1,2, or 3. This number will NOT change throughout the course of the tournament.
-For each round of the tournament, each team's slot numbers will play against each other.
-All characters are selectable. That includes Gouken, Akuma, and Seth. There is no reason to have them banned at this time. They might be in the future if it is proven that those characters are broken.
-After a game is over, the winner must keep his character while the loser has the option of changing.
-The first player to win 2 total matches will be declared the winner.
-The team that has 2 victorious players will advance in the tournament.
-Any controller or arcade stick is allowed. However, turbo functions are NOT allowed. It is very difficult to prove their use, so once again, we will be using an honor system. Don't use turbo!
-Basically, the rules are identical to the Single Elimination Tournament with the only difference being that it's a total team result in order to move forward.

Tournament progression:

-Once the bracket is posted, find your opponents and either PM them here or send them a message via XBL/PSN to set up play times.
-Establish a time to play that works for both teams.

SF4 TSET:

Team Omega Sauce vs Team Electric Saikyo's

1) MNC Dover > TheSuperWoot (2-1)
2) Solsovly < Fizban140 (2-0)
3) RuffNite < TheStig (2-1)

Team Electric Saikyo's > Team Omega Sauce (2-1)

-Failure to post up your results properly will be an extremely stern talking to by me. Seriously, it makes it easier for me to pick out results from the posts this way.

Other notes:

-This is a friendly PA tourney and as such, we are relying on an honor system. If you lose, you lose. Congratulate your opponents and cheer them on to win the whole thing. Seek revenge in the next tourney.
-All match-ups have a five day window to be completed. Once a match has been completed, it is up to the players to send each other PM's or messages to start up their next match. If the opponent needs an extension, then it must be agreed upon by both players and it doesn't hold up the tournament.
-In the case where one player has sent repeated PM's or messages with no response, then the player that is sending the messages must send a PM to both me and the opponent, as well as post in the forum. If no response is heard with 48 hours then the player who sent the message to me will be automatically be declare the winner in his match.
-If two players can't connect to each other, then two players must switch slot numbers for that round of the tournament. If this doesn't solve the problem, then one of the following two options must be followed:
1) One player forfeits.
2) Both players play against a neutral 3rd party and based on the results of the match-ups, one player is eliminated.

SST
Suicide Style Tournament (SST)

-Up to 32 player, single elimination style tournament.
-Each round is a best of five games, with each game played as best of five rounds.
-Each game has to be won with a different character forcing the winning player to have won with three different characters.
-After a round is finished, the losing player gets to choose one character from the winning players three characters and eliminate them from further play. This will create a finals situation with both players having four characters eliminated from play.
-The finals will follow the same rules as the rounds prior. This would mean both players would have to win three out of five games with 3 characters that haven't been eliminated in the four rounds prior.
-Here's an example of a typical game:

-Ruffnite and The Sneak are playing each other in round one.

-Ruffnite starts out by choosing M.Bison and The Sneak chooses Ryu.

-Ruffnite wins the first match with a score of 3-1. Ruffnite now has to choose a different character that isn’t M.Bison while The Sneak can choose anyone he wants. Ruffnite chooses Ryu and The Sneak stays with Ryu.

-Ruffnite wins the second match with a score of 3-2. Ruffnite now must choose a third character that isn’t Ryu or M.Bison. Not wanting to risk having his best character Fei-Long possibly being eliminated, Ruffnite chooses Honda instead while The Sneak switches to his best character, Chun-Li to avoid elimination.

-The Sneak wins the third match 3-1. Ruffnite can choose anyone he wants again, except M.Bison or Ryu and The Sneak can choose anyone except Chun-Li. Ruffnite chooses Zangief and The Sneak goes back to Ryu.

-The Sneak wins the fourth match 3-0. Both players are now on the verge of elimination. Ruffnite again must choose another character that isn’t M.Bison or Ryu and The Sneak must choose a new character that isn’t Chun-Li or Ryu. Fearing elimination, Ruffnite pulls out Fei-Long and The Sneak goes with Ken.

-Ruffnite wins the fifth and final match 3-2.

-The Sneak now gets to choose to eliminate either M.Bison, Ryu, or Fei-Long from Ruffnite’s character selection pool for the rest of the tournament. The Sneak eliminates Ryu making him unplayable by Ruffnite for the rest of the tournament. Had The Sneak won, Ruffnite would have had the choice of eliminating Ryu, Chun Li, or Ken.

Tournament progression:

-Once the bracket is posted, find your opponent and either PM them here or send them a message via XBL.

SF4 SST:

Ruffnite vs The Sneak
Current eliminated characters:
Ruffnite (none)
The Sneak (none)

Results:
Ruffnite (M. Bison) > The Sneak (Ryu)
Ruffnite (Ryu) > The Sneak (Ryu)
Ruffnite (E. Honda) < The Sneak (Chun Li)
Ruffnite (Zangief) < The Sneak (Ryu)
Ruffnite (Fei-Long) > The Sneak (Ken)

Ruffnite > The Sneak 3-2
The Sneak eliminates Ryu

Other notes:

-This is a friendly PA tourney and as such, we are relying on an honor system. If you lose, you lose. Congratulate your opponent and cheer him on to win the whole thing. Seek revenge in the next tourney.
-All match-ups have a three day window to be completed. Once a match has been completed, it is up to the players to send each other PM's or messages to start up their next match. If the opponent needs an extension, then it must be agreed upon by both players and it doesn't hold up the tournament.
-In the case where one player has sent repeated PM's or messages with no response, then the player that is sending the messages must send a PM to both me and the opponent, as well as post in the forum. If no response is heard with 48 hours then the player who sent the message to me will be automatically advanced to the next round.
-If two players can't connect to each other and it's still the first round of the tournament, then one player will be reseeded to the opposite end of the bracket. If there are connection issues after the first round, then one of the following two options must be followed:
1) One player forfeits.
2) Both players play against a neutral 3rd party and based on the results of the match-ups, one player is eliminated.

SFL
The Street Fighter League (SFL):

League rules:

-Teams will be comprised of three players per team.
-Point based regular season with a six team playoff.
-Each team's players will have to choose three unique characters to play throughout the course of the season. Only one version of each character can appear on each team. Once characters are selected, they will remain that way for the rest of the season.
-For each team game in the season, both teams will assign a slot number to each player on their team. This slot number can change between games.
-Each slot number will play against the opposing teams slot number.
-There will be a total of sixteen games played throughout the season. Eight games are considered “home” games and eight games are considered “away” games. This works out so that each team will play every other team once at “home” and once “on the road”.
-The home team always has the advantage. The advantage is that the “home” team gets to determine who plays against who in that week's match.
-The season will last sixteen weeks and Monday is considered to be the start of a week and Sunday is the end.
-The league will be overseen by a Commissioner. The Commissioner cannot participate in the League and must remain neutral throughout. The current Commissioner is Chamberlain.
-Each team will have a team captain that is responsible for posting all information on the boards and keeping in communication with his teammates.
-On Monday, each “home” team must post up their line-ups by 6pm (eastern standard time).
-If a line-up is not posted by 6pm, then the Commissioner has the right to name the line-up however he sees fit.
-As soon as the lineups are posted, the games can be played.

In game rules:

-Only the three characters you've selected at the beginning of the season are playable. That includes Gouken, Akuma, and Seth. There is no reason to have them banned at this time. They might be in the future if it is proven that those characters are broken.
-The first player to win 2 total matches will be declared the winner.
-Basically, the rules are identical to the Single Elimination Tournament.

Scoring:

-Once the line-ups are posted, find your opponent and either PM them here or send them a message via XBL/PSN to set up play times.

SF4 SFL:

The Fiery Peppers @ The Ultra Combos!!

1) Taramoor > TheSuperWoot (2-1)
2) MNC Dover < James Dekk (0-2)
3) RuffNite > B:L (2-0)

The Fiery Peppers > The Ultra Combos!! (4-3)

-Failure to post up your results properly will be an extremely stern talking to by the Commish and me. Seriously, it makes it easier for us to pick out results from the posts this way.
-Each team has an overall record and a team score. The overall record is determined by the results of the individual matches. The team score is calculated by adding up the total number of match wins per player. For example:

The Fiery Peppers win the match and improve to 1-0 overall with their 2-1 outcome over the Ultra Combos!! The Fiery Peppers also earn 4 points as a team based on the 2 wins each by Taramoor and Ruffnite. The Ultra Combos!! fall to 0-1 in the standings but earn 3 points towards their team score.

-It is possible, however unlikely, that a team can earn the same number of points and still lose the overall game.
-If a player is unable to attend a scheduled game, then his match is forfeited and his team gains no points towards the team score. It's basically considered a 2-0 loss.
-If two players on the same team fail to show up, then their combined losses denote an automatic team loss. The other player should still play the games though to help increase team score.

Standings:

-Teams are ranked each week based upon their overall record first and in case of a tie, their team score.
-If two teams are still tied after that, then a single set of 5 games will be played by the two teams to determine the winner.
-After all of the games have been played in the regular season, a playoffs will begin. The top six teams will be entered into the playoffs with the rest of the teams sitting it out.
-The playoffs are fairly straight forward; teams five and six play each other. The winner advances to play team four and so on until a team is faced off against team number one. The winner of that game is crowned the SFL champion.

Other notes:

-This is a friendly PA tourney and as such, we are relying on an honor system. If you lose, you lose. Congratulate your opponents and plan on crushing them the next time you play.
-All match-ups officially begin on Monday when the rosters appear in the forum. Both teams have until the following Sunday at midnight (pacific standard time or 3am eastern) to finish the games. This rule is absolutely crucial to follow if we are to keep this thing flowing properly.
-In the case where one player has sent repeated PM's or messages with no response, then the player that is sending the messages must send a PM to both me and the opponent, as well as post in the forum. If no response is heard with 48 hours then the player who sent the message to me will be automatically be declare the winner in his match.
-If two players can't connect to each other, then two players will have their slot numbers switched by the Commissioner. If this doesn't solve the problem, then one of the following two options must be followed:
1) One player forfeits, with the score is considered 2-1.
2) Both players play against a neutral 3rd party and based on the results of the match-ups, one player is considered to have lost 2-1.
-DO NOT enter this league if you don't think you can get in one game a week. I know it's not asking a lot, but we all have lives and work to deal with at the same time. This is different though because not showing up and playing means letting down your teammates. If you can't commit, then I'd recommend not participating in this league.
-I highly recommend that the team captain get the email addresses or PM his team regularly. The team captain will have the final say on roster spots and once it's posted it cannot be undone. If you want a specific spot for an upcoming game, I'd recommend talking to the captain ahead of time.
-Remember that each player on the team will have three UNIQUE characters to play. If someone on the team chooses Balrog, NO ONE ELSE on the team can play him. Character selections are only done at the beginning of the season and cannot be changed.
-If a team fails to post up the match-ups for a home game, then the Commissioner has the right to automatically fill the slots how he sees fit.
-I highly encourage teams to come up with some fun team names and logos. The more creative the better.
-I also encourage people not playing to root for their team.

FF
Fight Fest Tournaments (FF)

-All characters are selectable. That includes Gouken, Akuma, and Seth. There is no reason to have them banned at this time. They might be in the future if it is proven that those characters are broken.

Tournament progression:

-All games are played that day. These tournaments will be finished in the SAME DAY. That means if it's scheduled to start on Saturday at 3:00, you better be ready to go.
-To avoid clutter on the boards, it is recommended that only one Fight Fest tourney be held per weekend.
-Sign ups are taken up to a certain time based on the designated leader running the tournament.
-After the cut off time has been reached, the leader will then create a bracket and post it up to the forums.
-Everyone who wants to play must be on XBL/PSN 15 minutes before starting time.
-It is up to the players to check the boards to see who they will be facing first.
-Once a match is over, a player must message the tournament leader with the results. The leader will then tell him who his next opponent is.
-The entire tournament shouldn't run more than an hour to an hour and a half.
-Do not post your results in the forums unless you can't reach the leader.
-This style tournament is meant to be quick and painless. Do not let it drag out if at all possible.

All of these rules will apply to both a PS3 and a 360 tournament. In addition, all of these rules will also apply to SF4 and HDR. Given that, we are looking at a potential of 16 tournaments, not including one day Fight Fests. This is a rather large undertaking and I'll more than likely need help in making things run smoothly. I am NOT currently asking for sign-ups yet, but rather giving everyone an idea of what kind of tournaments they have to look forward to.

Still want to play? No problem, follow the rules below to enter.

What I'd like from all of you is to be detailed as to which tournaments you are wanting to enter. For example, the Single Elimination Tournament (SET) is going to be held on the 360 and the PS3 and will cover both SF4 and HDR. This also follows suit with the Team Elimination Tournament (TSET), the Suicide Style Tournament (SST), and the Street Fighter League (SFL).

When you send your request in for an entry spot, please title your PM with either "360" or "PS3". That alone will help me tremendously. In the actual message part of the PM, please fill in which system you wish to play on, which tournaments you wish to enter, and which game you are wanting to play. Also, just in case I don't have it, please add in your PA forum name and XBL/PSN ID. Make it look something like this:

Title: 360 tourney

SET - SF4 and HDR
TSET - SF4 only
SST - No entry
SFL - HDR only

PA Name: MNC Dover
XBL Gamertag: MNC Dover

Please try and follow the above example as closely as possible.

The SET's will be starting before the TSET and SFL will because of the extra work involved in establishing teams. There is no definitive start date yet, but I'm aiming for the beginning of next month. Once the tournaments get ready to start, I will create a new thread (Round 2...Fight!) and reserve the first couple of slots for tourney info.

Currently, I'm going to allow the following number of players in each tournament:

SET: SF4 64 players - HDR 32 players
TSET: SF4 48 players (16 teams) - HDR 24 players (8 teams)
SST: SF4 32 players - HDR 32 players
SFL: SF4 40 players (8 teams) - HDR 40 players (8 teams)

PS3
SET: SF4 32 players - HDR 32 players
TSET: SF4 24 players (8 teams) - HDR 24 players (8 teams)
SST: SF4 32 players - HDR 32 players
SFL: SF4 30 players (6 teams) - HDR 30 players (6 teams)

These limits are based primarily on the turnouts from prior tournaments. If demand increases, especially in the PS3 area, I'll increase the player cap. If I don't receive enough players to fill out a bracket, then the random players will get first round byes. There is a minimum requirement of 16 players to hold a SET or a SST. This will probably mean no HDR SET on the PS3. :(

A final note, former champions get an automatic entry into the next tournament to defend their title. If they lose, they must surrender their belt to the new champion. Blitz, Sol, people will be gunning for those pretty titles you show off in your signatures. Watch your back!

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
Steam ID
Twitch Page
MNC Dover on

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    SFIV-360Tournament.gif

The first tourney for SF4 on the 360 is officially underway!

Here is the official bracket (save the image and zoom for clarity):
    (Press F5 to see updated results)
    SF4360bracket1.png

Here is the current list of entrants for the SFIV tourney:
    SF4360Playerinfo1.jpg

That's a total of 64, we are now full. From this point, all extra entrants will be automatically added to the next tournament.

Current Champion and former winners:

1st tourney (Mar 09): Solsovly

Here are the current rules for the upcoming tournament:

Tournament progression:

Other notes:

-This is a friendly PA tourney and as such, we are relying on an honor system. If you lose, you lose. Congratulate your opponent and cheer him on to win the whole thing. Seek revenge in the next tourney. :)
    -All match-ups must be completed in a timely fashion. I'm not putting an official time stamp on anything, but if a particular set of games is holding up the bracket, I will issue PM's urging the games to be played. After that, I will eliminate one or both players. If you believe you can't make a game, do the right thing and bow out. There's always next time.

Oh man! I lost in the tournament, now what?

Don't worry, Evil Multifarious has got you covered. He has decided to run a Loser's Bracket tournament for all of us that have made a early departure. Check out the below spoiler for all the official information.
    Street Fighter 4 360 loser's bracket info

Here's the scoop on how I'm planning on running this.

It will be an informal thing, piggybacking on the tournament MNC Dover is graciously and diligently keeping track of. The winner of the loser's bracket will not face the winner of the official Street Fighter PA tournament - unless they want to arrange a fight just to see.

The loser's bracket will include everyone who's been eliminated from the winner's bracket, as long as they are willing to play!

Matches are the same as the winner's bracket: best 2 out of 3 fights, each fight being best 3 out of 5 rounds. The winner of a fight must stick to their character, while the loser may switch if they would like.

The tournament will be Swiss style. This means the following:

* No elimination.
    * Players are matched with each other by points, to ensure that players with similar skill levels face each other, and players who are good can earn their way to the top.
    * 1 point is earned per win, 0 points for a loss. In the extremely unlikely event of a draw, 0.5 points go to each player.
    * Points are earned by performance in the winner's bracket as well. Each match you win MNC Dover's tournament gives you 1 point in the loser's bracket as well! Once you lose there, you will be matched against someone with the same (or as similar as possible) score in the loser's bracket, in the current round.
    * Since many players will have the same point totals, I will randomly match players with the same scores against each other; players who have faced each other already will not face each other again unless there is no other choice.
    * The tournament will last six rounds; once the final round is over, the two players with the highest scores will face each other in a climactic final match. Winner takes all and is crowned Champion of the Loser's Bracket.

Since this is fairly complex, I expect it to take some time; again, it's casual and informal, so that's cool with me. I like tournaments, especially no-elimination tournaments, and it's fun to be matched against random people to see how you do.

All the same, please be timely in completing your matches.

When your match is over, please PM me with the results in the same format as you would report them to MNC Dover. Make sure you PM me, so that we don't clutter the thread with confusing multiple results.

The format is:

Player1 (character) > Player2 (character)
    Player1 (character) < Player2 (character)
    Player1 (character) > Player2 (character)

Player1 > Player 2

Again, due to the complexity of the tournament, I will be keeping track via a spreadsheet on Google Documents.

The spreadsheet is here.

I may have typed your name wrong, so please let me know. I had some trouble reading the bracket info and haven't checked them all against the entrant list.

And here's the legend for the spreadsheet:

* Player # is simply your assigned number, to keep track of who has faced who.
    * Player is your PA name. Names highlighted in yellow are currently participating, having been eliminated from the winner's bracket.
    * Winner's Bracket is your score from the primary tournament. Once you lose in the primary tournament, that score is frozen.
    * Round 1 through Round 6 will be marked with either 1 or 0, depending on whether you win your match in that round or not.
    * Current Score is your total score, including all loser's bracket rounds and your winner's bracket score.
    * Opponents faced is a list of the opponents you have had, by their player number. This is to ensure a variety of opponents, and a fair assessment of skill and performance.

None of this is set in stone; if you have suggestions, let me know through posting or PM!
    360HDRlogo.jpg

The fourth tourney for HDR on the 360 will be excepting sign ups soon! Be on the look out!

Here is the official bracket (save the image and zoom for clarity):
    (Press F5 to see updated results)
    HDR360bracket3.png

Here is the current list of entrants for the HDR tourney:
    HDR360Players3.jpg

That's a total of 26 players. That means there will be 6 first round byes.

1st tourney (Dec 08): MNC Dover
    2nd tourney (Jan 09): Taramoor
    3rd tourney (Mar 09): Solsovly

-All characters are selectable. That includes Akuma. There is no reason for him to be banned at this time. He might be in the future if it is proven that he is broken.

Tournament progression:

Other notes:

-This is a friendly PA tourney and as such, we are relying on an honor system. If you lose, you lose. Congratulate your opponent and cheer him on to win the whole thing. Seek revenge in the next tourney. :)
    -All match-ups must be completed in a timely fashion. I'm not putting an official time stamp on anything, but if a particular set of games is holding up the bracket, I will issue PM's urging the games to be played. After that, I will eliminate one or both players. If you believe you can't make a game, do the right thing and bow out. There's always next time.

MNC Dover on
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    SF4PS3logo.jpg
    The second tourney for SF4 on the PS3 will be excepting sign ups soon! Be on the look out!

Here is the final bracket (save the image and zoom for clarity):
    (Press F5 for updated results)
    SF4PS3bracket1.png

Here is the current list of entrants for the SF4 tourney:
    SF4PS3Playerinfo1.jpg
    That's a total of 32 players. A full bracket at the last second.

1st tourney (Mar 09): Blitz Rawket

Tournament progression:

-Once the bracket is posted, find your opponent and either PM them here or send them a message via PSN.

Other notes:

HDRPS3logo.jpg

The first tourney for HDR on the PS3 will begin when we get a total of 16 people to sign up.

Here is the current list of entrants for the HDR tourney:

AggroChan
    Professor Snugglesworth
    TrentSteel
    Emonk

Woot, 4 people!! This milestone is 16 players. Well, it looks as though there won't be an HDR tourney on the PS3 anytime soon. Here are the current rules in case things change.

-All characters are selectable. That includes Akuma. There is no reason to have him banned at this time. He might be in the future if it is proven that he is broken.

Tournament progression:

-Once the bracket is posted, find your opponent and either PM them here or send them a message via PSN.

Other notes:

MNC Dover on
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I'll sign up for our first SFIV tourney.

SkutSkut on
  • Options
    TheSuperWootTheSuperWoot Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I too, would like to be part of the tourney. If it goes on long enough maybe Amazon will even send me my fight stick by the time it is over.

edit: The SFIV one to be precise.

TheSuperWoot on
  • Options
    BonesNYCBonesNYC Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I'm in for sure!

BonesNYC on
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    It's on like donkeykong!
    for SF4 that is.

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    RancedRanced Default Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I'm down for this.

Ranced on
  • Options
    One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I'm down for getting my ass kicked in the SF4 tourney.

One Thousand Cables on
  • Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I'll throw my hat in the ring as well!

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Oh man, I can't decide if I want to participate in HDR or SFIV. I'm fairly sure I don't have time for both.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I submitted my name for the SFIV tourney. I won't last long, but someone has to go down in the first two rounds.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    maraxus94maraxus94 Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I'm down for getting my ass kicked in the SF4 tourney.

Ditto!

maraxus94 on
  • Options
    AggroChanAggroChan __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2009
    Is there even enough people for an HD remix tourney on PS3? ;_;

AggroChan on
    PSN + Zune :>
    Sillender.jpgSillender.png
  • Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Sent my PM. Good luck trying to get people to send their requests in the proper format.

I assume both tourneys will be best of 5? When is the estimated start date of all of this?

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Hey, I realized that I forgot to streamline the PM titles as well. Sorry! >.<

I just deleted all of my PM's to start over fresh. Could you all resend your PM's following this new format for PM titles:

SF4 360 (for only the SF4 360 tourney)
    SF4 PS3 (for only the SF4 PS3 tourney)
    SF4 Both (for both the 360 and PS3 SF4 tourneys)
    HDR 360 (for only the HDR 360 tourney)
    HDR PS3 (for only the HDR PS3 tourney)
    HDR Both (for both the 360 and PS3 HDR tourneys)
    SF4 360/PS3 (for both the SF4 360 and PS3 tourneys)
    HDR 360/PS3 (for both the HDR 360 and PS3 tourneys)
    SF4/HDR Both (for both the SF4 and HDR 360 and PS3 tourneys)

Whew! Sorry for any confusion. This will help out alot.

MNC Dover on
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
  • Options
    BlitzAce1981BlitzAce1981 Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Hell, may as well throw myself in as hadouken fodder for the SF4 PS3 one. Sending PM now.

BlitzAce1981 on
    PSN ID - BlitzAce1981 FFXIV - Raiden Solitaire (Sargatanas)
  • Options
    TyrantCowTyrantCow Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    i'm sendin' dat ass a PM...

TyrantCow on
  • Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    MNC Dover wrote: »

I just deleted all of my PM's to start over fresh. Could you all resend your PM's following this new format for PM titles:

SF4 360
    HDR 360
    Both 360

SF4 ps3
    HDR ps3
    Both ps3

SF4 all
    HDR all
    Both all

I think those are better headlines. You seem to have no option for people with both SF4 and HDR for just one console. Or did I miss something?

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    ElementalorElementalor Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    sf4 ps3 tourney pm sent!
    (I should have included hdr, but who knows if i'll have time for two!)

Elementalor on
    Marvel Future Fight: dElementalor
    FFBE: 898,311,440
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/dElementalor
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    redfield85 wrote: »
    MNC Dover wrote: »

SF4 360
    HDR 360
    Both 360

SF4 ps3
    HDR ps3
    Both ps3

SF4 all
    HDR all
    Both all

I think those are better headlines. You seem to have no option for people with both SF4 and HDR for just one console. Or did I miss something?

Looks more of a case of mistakenly duplicating two of the options - SF4 Both and SF4 360/PS3 are the same thing, as are HDR Both and HDR 360/PS3.

BlitzAce1981 on
  • Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I'm down for it as long as it's a time where I'm available (late night EST is preferable). Who would host these tourneys?

Professor Snugglesworth on
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I'll wait till this gets sorted out before I resend.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    ToefooToefoo Los Angeles, CARegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Sent. Time to work on my Gief ;)

Toefoo on
    PSN: Soultics
    Weaboo List
  • Options
    robotbeboprobotbebop Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    PM sent, now to climb the ranks

robotbebop on
    Do not feel trapped by the need to achieve anything, this way you achieve everything.

Oh, hey I'm making a game! Check it out: Dr. Weirdo!
  • Options
    SivrajSivraj Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Are you required to only play as one character during the tournament? I don't know how these types of tournaments work.

Sivraj on
    XBL - Degami | Steam - Degami | Battle.net - Degami #1837 | PSN - Degojin
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    whoops, I sent a PM with an un-streamlined title before I saw the revision

should I resend?

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Sivraj wrote: »
    Are you required to only play as one character during the tournament? I don't know how these types of tournaments work.

More to the point, is there any restriction on characters allowed? I need to know whether to start working on C.Viper instead of Sakura...

BlitzAce1981 on
  • Options
    TheGreat2ndTheGreat2nd Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    PM Re-Sent

Y'all goin doooown
    I only have HDR though :(
    No time to play SF4, so not gonna buy it right now...
    Maybe during the summer.

EDIT: Might wanna update the OP, MNC Dover

TheGreat2nd on
    BinghamtonUniversity.png
    I'm Jacob Wilson. | facebook | thegreat2nd | [url="aim:goim?screenname=TheGreatSecond&message=Hello+from+the+Penny+Arcade+Forums!"]aim[/url]
  • Options
    edited March 2009

More to the point, is there any restriction on characters allowed? I need to know whether to start working on C.Viper instead of Sakura...

wait, what? Why would Sakura be restricted?

robotbebop on
    Do not feel trapped by the need to achieve anything, this way you achieve everything.

• Options
    edited March 2009
    robotbebop wrote: »

The tournament format might imply restricting console-only characters.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    edited March 2009

Ok, so why would console-only characters disallowed ?

robotbebop on

• Options
    AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Man, I would love to join, but I'm not sure if the Australian time zone would go with the schedule or not. :|

Edit: ah, whatever. Joining up. :P

Antihippy on
    10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
  • Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    sent 2 PMs. . . I'm in for both 360 tourneys. also, blue dotting.

acidlacedpenguin on
    GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • Options
    X Pr3dat0R XX Pr3dat0R X Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Hell, I might as well jump in on this. Even if it's just so you guys can tell me what sucks...

X Pr3dat0R X on
  • Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    uh

can we divide these tourneys by skill level?

because we have a wide range of skills here, and ill be honest, i am intimidated with my measly 500 bp after a week of playing sf4

i dont know if HDR tracks skill at all though

just a suggestion

Joolander on
  • Options
    BladeOfSanjuroBladeOfSanjuro Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

This tournament should be Dan-only.

ONE DAN TO RULE THEM ALL :lol:

BladeOfSanjuro on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2009

I hope you're ready for a beating!

robotbebop on

• Options
    edited March 2009

I hope you're ready for a beating!

His time has come.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Joolander wrote: »
    uh

can we divide these tourneys by skill level?

because we have a wide range of skills here, and ill be honest, i am intimidated with my measly 500 bp after a week of playing sf4

i dont know if HDR tracks skill at all though

just a suggestion

This is a man's game boy. Where strong, muscly men get beaten up by Sakura.

Besides, BP doesn't really determine the skill that much. I've beaten 1 or 2 1000 BP Kens.

Antihippy on
    10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy