As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Dan's Drawings

nukedannukedan Registered User regular
edited March 2009 in Artist's Corner
Hey, I drew a raccoon.

raccoon.jpg

banner.jpg
nukedan on

• crawdaddiocrawdaddio Tacoma, WARegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2009
    Aww, poor raccoon looks so cold and lonely...

:(

I do like the palette, and the linework, though the thick lines at the bottom of its coat by the legs makes it seem a bit detached, there.

crawdaddio on
  • MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Some contour lines would help define the shape as more three-dimensional. Do racoons have rings or just their tails?

Metalbourne on
  • LoomdunLoomdun Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    didnt you already have a thread with only two pictures in it?...

Loomdun on
    splat
    edited March 2009
    He does have a point, think of threads like non-renewable resources: renew reuse recycle!

crawdaddio on
  • nukedannukedan Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Just messing around:

4dog.jpg

nukedan on
    banner.jpg
  • LeggraphicsLeggraphics Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    crawdaddio wrote: »

What about the poor fish its standing on lol. I like the style. Its like a semi-real look with solid lineart. The back hind paw might need to be darkened a bit because at the moment its on the same plane as the others.

Leggraphics on
    edited March 2009
    crawdaddio wrote: »

What about the poor fish its standing on lol. I like the style. Its like a semi-real look with solid lineart. The back hind paw might need to be darkened a bit because at the moment its on the same plane as the others.

The fish looks like it's thinking, "If I don't move, he'll leave me alone..."

crawdaddio on
  • nukedannukedan Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    haha, now that I think about it, that 'back foot' is actually it's tail. :D Wait, that's not good...:-/

nukedan on
    banner.jpg
    edited March 2009
    Oh, yeah, I see it now...my one reference, though, is showing me a bit of a thicker tail, and now that I look, a somewhat shorter coat, too.

crawdaddio on
  • LeggraphicsLeggraphics Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    nukedan wrote: »
    haha, now that I think about it, that 'back foot' is actually it's tail. :D Wait, that's not good...:-/

Hhaahha. Nice. Lucky i brought the foot up. The raccoon isn't supposed to be a Lion is it? :P

Anyway I still like it. Good style. I would probably give the creature more of a shadow on the water

Leggraphics on