As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Bug] Pages go white on Safari.

CailYoungCailYoung Registered User regular
Any thread page (i.e. viewtopic.php) that I open in Safari 1.1.1 (100.1) goes white (about:blank style, only without a redirect) right after loading 99% of it.

IE 5 for OS X does not do this.

Freak this, I'm going to the toilet - Shaun Micallef
CailYoung on

• Options
    OrthancOrthanc Death Lite, Only 1 Calorie Off the end of the internet, just turn left.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2003
    I'd be interested to know if this happens on other phpBB forums, or just PA

Orthanc on
    orthanc
  • Options
    MeizMeiz Registered User regular
    edited December 2003
    Meiz on
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited December 2003
    Yeah, I suffer from this too. It's really irritating having to hold down the scroll bar to read a thread, and have a test of reflexes to click the 'Post Reply' button.

It's only individual threads. Forums and the main page is fine.

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    SzechuanosaurusSzechuanosaurus Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2003
    Heelo Ev'rebody!

I use Safari at work on OSX 10.3 (Panther) and everything on these forums have worked just fine (Nintendo of Europe doesn't but that ain't Ramies falt). I'll let you know tomorrow which version it is and if everythig else is still ok.

Szechuanosaurus on
  • Options
    90X Double Side90X Double Side Registered User regular
    edited December 2003
    This might be related to the use of XHTML-style empty tags in a document marked HTML 4.01 Transitional; it certainly makes the validator's SGML parser throw a bitch fit (after the empty tag on line 7, it considers most of the elements that follow to be improperly nested, including the body element on line 18 ).

It also might be a problem with something server-generated, as I can't duplicate the bug with an offline copy of the page.

90X Double Side on
  • Options
    RamiusRamius Joined: July 19, 2000 Administrator, ClubPA admin
    edited December 2003
    someone PM'd me a bug report on this as well...and he said he was using safari on OSX
    SumDeus wrote:
    Hey,
    I currently have a problem with the PA forums loading all the way then having the screen go blank. I see all the images and text come up, but once everything is loaded the entire pages turns white. This is happening to me on every single forum index, topic, reply and PM page. I am able to send this but cutting and pasting it in before the page fully loads. I was just curious to know if something is up with the forums or not.

~SumDeus

I'm wondering, is this something new for everyone? I was "playing around" with the viewtopic code last night. I will take out what I put in last night in hopes that that is what it was....

Ramius on
  • Options
    CailYoungCailYoung Registered User regular
    edited December 2003
    It is now fixed. So, it may have been the viewtopic code alteration...

EDIT: It hasn't always done this, btw - only started (for me) right before I posted the thread.

Cail

CailYoung on
    Freak this, I'm going to the toilet - Shaun Micallef
  • Options
    DayfatDayfat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2003
    This happened to me earlier tonight under Safari on 10.2.8. It's fine now.

Dayfat on
    MKDS 0086 5274 6687
  • Options
    90X Double Side90X Double Side Registered User regular
    edited December 2003
    Yeah, that fixed it.

90X Double Side on