As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chat]lighting

• Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    MikeMan wrote: »
    http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?p=350364#post350364

that's the first chat post i can find

went mostly ignored, except for gim

/mansex gim

Wow, that was so long ago I had forgotten you used to have a number affixed to your moniker.

You'll be pleased to know that I still have some rubber hosing and lube for you.
    Proto wrote: »
    dude, I love your band!

It's all about the music. And funny headgear.

Gim on
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    oh wow, the days when mcc was a mod

i always wondered what he did to be stripped of modhood

He stepped down

Ludious on
  • Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    So I've applied for EI - got my access code the other day. It says I'm supposed to submit a report detailing all the steps I've taken to find a job (When and where I've applied/interviewed, etc). So I'm like "Okay" thinking I'm gonna have to do a little write up. Go to the online form submission - it asked 5 yes/no questions and is like "Your form has been submitted".

......That was easy.

Nova_C on
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Kagera wrote: »
    No one ever thought I was anyone.

Because I'm so original!

You're just the person with the vaguely Inuyasha sounding username to me.

Ludious on
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    I also remember VH had pegged me as token attention whore. Which is true. :^:

Ahaha, this is totally true. I even only half-believed you were a girl until you posted that pic from your bet with Ardor.

I was like "this person talks waaay to much about how they're a chick to actually be a chick".

Whoops!

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Echo wrote: »
    And back.

groceries get!

?

LaOs on
  • Options
    MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Ludious wrote: »

He stepped down
    but i remember him being bitter about it

i don't think it was a doc situation or a cat situation

something happened

MikeMan on
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?p=599197#post599197

Holy shit two years ago Batman

I wasn't even close to a regular then though

And I remember Sheri had a Wicked av and sig then too!

Hakkekage on
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    ProtoProto Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Gim wrote: »
    Proto wrote: »
    dude, I love your band!

It's all about the music. And funny headgear.

and exposing the truth.

Proto on
    and her knees up on the glove compartment
    took out her barrettes and her hair spilled out like rootbeer
  • Options
    edited March 2009

Ahaha, this is totally true. I even only half-believed you were a girl until you posted that pic from your bet with Ardor.

I was like "this person talks waaay to much about how they're a chick to actually be a chick".

Whoops!
    hahahahahahah

MikeMan on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited March 2009

Being a terrible mod, mostly.

Echo on
  • Options
    edited March 2009

Whoops!
    Yeah I definitely felt your disdain. Harrumph. :x

Hakkekage on
  • Options
    edited March 2009

He stepped down
    but i remember him being bitter about it

i don't think it was a doc situation or a cat situation

something happened

Yeah he was. I forget what. But it was back around the same time the G&T chat thread was closed. That didn't have anything to do with it directly, but there was a lot of angsty forum unrest going on at the time. If I remember correctly it boiled down to him being tired of some B.S. and having his hands tied over certain things.

I felt he was justified at the time.

Ludious on
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Chat is pretty cliquish. I joined PA years ago. Talked in G&T mostly, then G&T Chat. When that ended, I had gotten a new job and was really busy with life anyway so I stopped posting or even looking at PA for a while. I came back, and started reading D&D a lot. Then I started reading this thread, a lot. A while before I ever posted in it.

So it's like day one I post and I'm like "Oh that MikeMan and his shenannigans." and everyone is like, "Who are you?"*

*not a true story but an example of a new guy knowing too much about a place.

But anyway, there definately is a cliquish nature about chat. But it's not BAD. You just have to have thick skin and barge your way in.
    This is absolutely true. If a new guy comes into [chat] (or even someone who's been around for awhile but nobody really knows) and starts acting familiar, people are all "who are you to be making those kinds of comments?" I know for sure that I'm like that; there's a sort of introductory period where you have to be sort of passive otherwise people think you're too big for your britches and start hating you.
    It's not a matter of "thinking people are too big for their britches." It's a matter of people with whom you've had no interaction commenting on things about your personal life or that you've posted long in the past. Imagine if some complete stranger just walked up to you in a bar and started talking to you about your crippling social retardation, VH, or about what a little fucking bitch you are. Wouldn't that make you feel uncomfortable?
    Oh, absolutely. Like I said, I do the exact same thing. New person comes and starts talking about that kind of thing and I'm like "who the fuck are you?" I especially remember that with Satan, even threw a couple tantrums at him myself.

I mean, I'm not saying I'm perfect, far from it. It does seem like it could be pretty daunting being a new person, though. It took awhile for me to be "accepted" by [chat], and I spent most of that time being self-deprecating.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    ZimmydoomZimmydoom Accept no substitutes Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

Whoops!

I have a hard time picturing you being mean. You've never been anything but a cute and cuddly Cthulhu kitty AFAIK.

Maybe Muppet music clouds my judgment.

Zimmydoom on
    Better-than-birthday-sig!
    Gim wrote: »
    Zimmydoom, Zimmydoom
    Flew away in a balloon
    Had sex with polar bears
    While sitting in a reclining chair
    Now there are Zim-Bear hybrids
    Running around and clawing eyelids
    Watch out, a Zim-Bear is about to have sex with yooooooou!
  • Options
    edited March 2009

Whoops!
    Now that I know you're a girl, though, your boobs are totally forgiven.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    edited March 2009

Whoops!
    Now that I know you're a girl, though, your boobs are totally forgiven.
    I'm starting to hate you again

CURRY MY FAVOR

Hakkekage on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    1. If you don't think [chat] is cliquey, I don't know what I can do for you.
    2. NEW PEOPLE ENJOY PLAYING IN PHALLAS ALL THE TIME! You are objectively wrong on this score, Than. We have lots of casual phalla players (including myself!) and new people become "regulars" all the time. In fact, if you recall, we declined to have a separate board precisely because we were afraid we wouldn't attract new players. A "clique" means exclusion. Phalla is anything but exclusionary.
    Oh, good, another Phalla where we spend the entire game talking about what happened in other Phallas. So much for this one being any different from what the past few in CF have been like. I drop out now, so I don't have to deal with how much I fucking hate that.

Good luck, Dunadan.

Doesn't sound very magnanimous to me. That being said, I probably overreacted, mostly because I'm pretty sick of all the hate phalla gets for no fucking reason these days. So, I'm sorry about that.

You're still wrong about the other stuff, though.
    I don't recall ever saying "new people don't join Phallas all the time," but whatever. If it's so objectively true, let's see some numbers. Should be easy. Everyone who's played in at least one Phalla as a new player and has actually stuck around the forums afterwards. Though, it would also be nice to see how many people your freak brigade has driven off the forums, too. Really, I think it would be for the best if you didn't attract new players.

And I think that was pretty fucking magnanimous given the level of vitriol I would have been more than happy to express. What would you have preferred I said? "Oh, I love this game so much, and it's so great, but I'm dropping out anyway because I hate joy?" I expressed my dissatisfaction with an aspect of the game that made up roughly 90% of the posts up until that point, and said that I was quitting because it wasn't going to be any fun for me. I mean, I could have expressed how you and the rest of the Phalluses have turned the game from a fairly enjoyable occasional distraction on the forums into a giant, steaming pile of shit. But I didn't, because I didn't think it would be appropriate.

But, you know, if I'm going to get bitched out like I had said that, fuck, may as well actually say it.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Red or Yellow?

Ludious on
  • Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I can only get as far back as late 2006, even though I was in [chat] before then.

But we have.. MikeMan445, The Good Captain Cass, celery77.

And I was Jameserson!

James on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Zimmydoom wrote: »

Whoops!

I have a hard time picturing you being mean. You've never been anything but a cute and cuddly Cthulhu kitty AFAIK.

Maybe Muppet music clouds my judgment.
    I don't know that I was ever actively mean to Hakke, it was just that my skepticism probably tainted my posts whenever she was involved.

Other than that, though, you can find instances where I've been mean. It doesn't happen very often, though, although it happens more often here than it does in real life.

Man, this one time I completely exploded at B:L. It was pretty gnarly. I was in a computer lab at the time and I completely lost my temper.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    MedopineMedopine __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2009
    than, calm down man

being a tad ridiculous

Medopine on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    You were mean to me sometimes, vh, but it was snide. And my persona in the D&D phalla phalla you made was pfffffffffffffff

which is why I tended to try and kill you in Phalla if i could

Hakkekage on
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2009
    Ok, going back, it looks like I posted in five [chat] threads before I was ever actually quoted/someone talked to me directly.

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    honestly, right now it's VH who's being the calm and level-headed one

MikeMan on
  • Options
    CommunistCowCommunistCow Abstract Metal ThingyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I declare dim sum good even if I can't tell what the fuck I'm eating.

CommunistCow on
    No, I am not really communist. Yes, it is weird that I use this name.
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    You'll all be happy to know that I stopped being a dick.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I tend to be a very infrequent poster on the boards in general. A lot of that is because I don't make "I agree" posts. If somebody said something similar to what I had to say, I just don't post anything. I'd like to have something to actually add to the discussion. Or at least a decent joke to tell.

YamiNoSenshi on
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2009

Thank you.

Don't do it again.

Or there will be PINCH.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    edited March 2009

We're ready for your apology.

Ludious on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    1. If you don't think [chat] is cliquey, I don't know what I can do for you.
    2. NEW PEOPLE ENJOY PLAYING IN PHALLAS ALL THE TIME! You are objectively wrong on this score, Than. We have lots of casual phalla players (including myself!) and new people become "regulars" all the time. In fact, if you recall, we declined to have a separate board precisely because we were afraid we wouldn't attract new players. A "clique" means exclusion. Phalla is anything but exclusionary.
    Oh, good, another Phalla where we spend the entire game talking about what happened in other Phallas. So much for this one being any different from what the past few in CF have been like. I drop out now, so I don't have to deal with how much I fucking hate that.

Good luck, Dunadan.

Doesn't sound very magnanimous to me. That being said, I probably overreacted, mostly because I'm pretty sick of all the hate phalla gets for no fucking reason these days. So, I'm sorry about that.

You're still wrong about the other stuff, though.
    I don't recall ever saying "new people don't join Phallas all the time," but whatever. If it's so objectively true, let's see some numbers. Should be easy. Everyone who's played in at least one Phalla as a new player and has actually stuck around the forums afterwards. Though, it would also be nice to see how many people your freak brigade has driven off the forums, too. Really, I think it would be for the best if you didn't attract new players.

And I think that was pretty fucking magnanimous given the level of vitriol I would have been more than happy to express. What would you have preferred I said? "Oh, I love this game so much, and it's so great, but I'm dropping out anyway because I hate joy?" I expressed my dissatisfaction with an aspect of the game that made up roughly 90% of the posts up until that point, and said that I was quitting because it wasn't going to be any fun for me. I mean, I could have expressed how you and the rest of the Phalluses have turned the game from a fairly enjoyable occasional distraction on the forums into a giant, steaming pile of shit. But I didn't, because I didn't think it would be appropriate.

But, you know, if I'm going to get bitched out like I had said that, fuck, may as well actually say it.
    Right, this is me apologizing for overreacting again. You were right and I was wrong.

I still dispute your idea that phalla is cliquey, though. I don't think either of us is willing to put in the work it would take to prove how many new people come into it and enjoy it and stay with it, so I guess it's just my anecdotal evidence.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I tend to be a very infrequent poster on the boards in general. A lot of that is because I don't make "I agree" posts. If somebody said something similar to what I had to say, I just don't post anything. I'd like to have something to actually add to the discussion. Or at least a decent joke to tell.
    You need to post more so I know you better.

MikeMan on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Echo wrote: »

Being a terrible mod, mostly.

Didn't he get caught editing someone's posts so they wouldn't get banned? It's been awhile.

---

The earliest post I can find is this one about unfinished TV shows.

The earliest [chat] post I can find has a broken photobucket image. Now I want to find it.

Gim on
  • Options
    MedopineMedopine __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2009

so he can become you

Medopine on
  • Options
    StarcrossStarcross Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

Me too.

Starcross on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Who the fuck are you?

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Medopine wrote: »
    than, calm down man

being a tad ridiculous
    Y'know, I'm really not. Because I catch way more shit over this stupid fucking game than I deserve, especially since it all seems to land on my goddamn doorstep, when the fact is I'm probably one of the few mods with a relatively positive attitude towards the game, and have in the past been an advocate for the cocksuckers who do nothing but play it on this board. Hell, I even keep trying it, thinking "it can't be as bad as I remember it being, can it?" I even stuck it out for the Venture Bros. one in CF, because I thought that would be cool, but no, as it turned out it was just a thread to talk about previous Phallas in for the whole fucking game. I quit early on this one because I found having to read the thread for the Venture game to be an exercise in masochism. But, you know, from the people I'm defending I get nothing but the hate train. So, fuck it. I'm done defending them. The next time Tube asks why we should be having the game on the boards at all, my answer is going to be "we shouldn't."

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    HOLY SHIT

HOLY SHIT WOODBRIDGE NJ

ARE YOU KIDDING ME

I'm from Edison D:

Hakkekage on
  • Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Medopine wrote: »

so he can become you

Kinky.

YamiNoSenshi on
  • Options
    edited March 2009

I take the opposite approach; throw as many jokes out there until someone slips some pills into my drinking water.

Gim on
This discussion has been closed.