As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Dave Cockrum RIP.

JCMJCM Registered User regular
edited November 2006 in Artist's Corner
I could find no better place for this news, except among artists.
November 26, 2006

With a heavy heart, I regret to inform you that Dave Cockrum passed away this morning. After a long battle with Diabetes and its varied complications, Dave died in his sleep early this morning.

Dave’s many creations—including some of the X-Men’s staple characters—brought tremendous joy to his legion of fans. For three decades, he was a beloved fixture at comics conventions across the country where he would sketch for a pittance and encourage would-be creators. Those of us who knew Dave personally will remember him as one of the sweetest, jovial, most generous individuals in the comics industry. I’ll miss my friend very much.

There are no details of services at this time. Dave asked to be cremated and his widow Paty is burdened with the news, so well wishers are asked not to call. Email can be sent to magnetorampant@yahoo.com

Clifford Meth

Damn.. when I saw this, it hit me like a hammer
His run on Xmen was among my faves, and none can replace his inspired creations.

cockrum4.jpg

A great gallery of his can be found here.

http://www.davecockrum.net/gallery.htm

May he rest in peace.

JCM on

• Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Although a valid bit of news, it does not merit its own topic. If anything, it should be put into the Chat thread, as one of the rules in the AC is to not post a new thread unless there's art in it.

NightDragon on
  • Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    More locks?

Oh, X-mas came early!

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    edited November 2006
    A fantastic artist. However, this has already been posted in Graphic Violence. Feel free to post your condolences there.

Grifter on
This discussion has been closed.