As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcadian Wrestling: 1st card pg. 3!

AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
edited January 2007 in Games and Technology
P.A.W. P.A.W. P.A.W. P.A.W. P.A.W. P.A.W.
Penny Arcadian Wrestling
P.A.W. P.A.W. P.A.W. P.A.W. P.A.W. P.A.W.

What the what?

FAQing jabronies!
This is an e-federation made up of Penny Arcade posters. The idea is to make wrestling versions of your forum avatar in WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2007 for the Xbox 360. With said characters and their over the top personalities members will battle each other in weekly cards written up by me.

Weekly Cards
Ass beatings every seven days!
Once we have a solid roster going I will write the first card. After we get going things should move as such; Tuesday the new card will be issued, wrestlers will have the rest of the week to post in character interviews about their upcoming match, starting Friday night through Sunday wrestlers will have their matches over Xbox Live, Monday I’ll post the results and people can smack talk for a day before it all starts over again.

The first card will kick-start a tournament for the championship belt.

Matches
Male on Male Groping!
Once you know who your opponent is for the next card try and set-up a time over the weekend to wrassle each other. Decide amongst yourself who will host. If you win but want to win via a run-in, or some other nefarious means, just PM me that info. Also if you want to "job" feel free.

Interviews
”I’mma put my wang in your face!”
These can really be anything you want. You could do a typical walk down to the ring, yell about your opponent, walk back out or you could do a promo from the Brooklyn Bridge where you throw a life-size doll of your opponent over the edge. The only real rule is you can’t put words in your opponents mouth, though you can get permission from them to include their character in your “interview” and you are certainly encouraged to respond to their previous comments. Just do it all in character. Any out of character posts from wrestlers in this thread should be proceeded by OOC.

Titles
Who’s got the biggest e-peen!?!
We’ll start with one and maybe add a Tag Title or whatnot depending on how big the roster gets. Title matches won’t happen every card but the champion will have to defend the belt at least once a month. The current PAW belt has a DINOSAUR on it with red rubies for eyes. Truly that is an indication of how awesome we shall be.

Wrestlers
Men with colorful tights and pimples!
Make a CAW and jack his stats up to 85. Ideally he should be modeled after your forum name with a bigger than life personality.
Currently we don’t know of any cheap moves but last year there was a head butt that was unblockable. If anything like that is found in ’07 no one in the federation will be allowed to use it. You only get ONE wrestler in the fed.

Storylines

There are TWO Undertakers! Go purple gloves! Get ‘em grey gloves!
It isn’t a soap opera for Men without some storylines! I’ll be writing some but feel free to create side plots, alliances, rivalries, etc in your interviews. Once this thing gets up and going you guys should be creating most of the drama while I write the weekly cards to match.

Roster
Post your info and I’ll add you to the OP.
Forum – Xbox Live – Wrestler - Personality
Accualt – The Accualt – The Accualt – Face
NeuralFizz - NeuralFizz - NewRoll Fizz - Tweener
syndalis - Wyrmslayer - "the gunslinger" syndalis - Face
Mojojoejoe- Mojojoejoe- "The Ghost" Johnny Casper - Heel
Precisionk- Wildluck - Thunderlips - Heel
Manwhich-Manwhiches-Burrito Bastard-Heel
Achernar - Achernar Dni - "Saikyo" Jim Kelly - Face?
STEVOtheGREAT - Stevo 22 - Steve Osborn - Tweener
noir_blood - noirblood - James "High Roller" Hayes - ?
Kyougu - Brownchiclets - Alex "N2O" Reyes - ?
Slapnuts - OmegaRed828 - Johnny Guitar - Tweener
Devlin_Dragonus - Devlin Dragonuz - Unkown - ?

Feel free to give suggestions, concerns, cheers, etc.

Quick CAW Points
GM Mode is based almost entirely on popularity, so taking advantage of this is simple. By using the method described below I was able to have a viewer rating in excess of 8 million.

The Method:

1. When starting a new game, draft a new roster and pick a show.
2. Pick two highly popular wrestlers and sign them both for a year.
3. Once you have signed the two wrestlers, end your draft.
4. Now go to the options menu and turn injuries OFF.
5. To speed up the process, turn card re-run ON in the same menu.

Now you are fully able to hold an event each week that contains multiple matches that would normally injure your roster without any consequences. I fully recommend using this method as the reward for beating GM Mode (infinite experience points for the entire roster, including any and all CAWs created) is more than worth it.

Just make sure to schedule PPVs and re-sign your two stars before Wrestlemania. All my matches on my weekly cards were specialty matches except one. Each show cost $151,000 but the money you are given each week covers that much. Each match was also a title match, each wrestler having one belt at the start of my season.

P.S. If anyone has a way to get screen caps off their 360 and has this game I'd loooove to chatter with you about taking some.

Accualt on

• Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2006
    I will watch this with great interest!

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    DukiDuki Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    If I had a 360, I would do this and kick all your asses as Clint Eastwood. All of them.

This is a cool idea :^:

Duki on
  • Options
    MojojoejoeMojojoejoe Registered User new member
    edited November 2006
    Mojojoejoe- Mojojoejoe- "The Ghost" Johnny Casper - Heel

Mojojoejoe on
  • Options
    MojojoejoeMojojoejoe Registered User new member
    edited November 2006
    i have been beating peoples asses online with the likes of Paul Birchill and Matt Hardy, its so on

Mojojoejoe on
  • Options
    SageinaRageSageinaRage Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Goddammit. I want in on this so bad, but I don't even own a 360.

SageinaRage on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    JohannenJohannen Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Damn i wanna join, but no 360, and i was gonna put my avatar as chuck norris!

Johannen on
  • Options
    GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Me too. And I've even got a weapon! Just paint a damn kendo stick brown!

Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • Options
    precisionkprecisionk Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    I am so in. NEURALFIZZ, I WILL CRUSH YOU SON.

Precisionk- Wildluck - Thunderlips - Heel

precisionk on
  • Options
    Jesus McChristJesus McChrist Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Oh man. If I had the game I would be so in on this.

Jesus McChrist on
    if you can read this i hope you have a good day partner
  • Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    I'd be all over this if I had a 360. Or the game. Or an avatar that would make this possible.

Great idea though.

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    I used to do efeds a few years ago, made it onto a few of the top 100 lists. I just looked up my old contacts, and my former main rival is now apparently the best fucking efeder in the world. Damn you Cobryn.

Ashcroft on
    ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    manwhichmanwhich Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Are there rating restrictions on the CAWs? Anyways Ill prolly get in on this.
    Manwhich-Manwhiches-Burrito Bastard-Heel

edit:sorry ya i saw 85.

manwhich on
    Manwhiches
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    I'm so on for this. Brownchiclets is the tag. I haven't made a CAW, but I will soon.

Kyougu on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Nice to see all the interest. I think we'll go ahead and start the Tournament of Champions this weekend, with what I have running through my head people who join after this weekend will be able to participate in the tournament as well.

Accualt on
  • Options
    AchernarAchernar Cardinal NationRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Achernar - Achernar Dni - "Saikyo" Jim Kelly - Face?

I don't care so much about roles - just place me wherever you need me.

Achernar on
    "Dude, those weren't Koreans; those were twelve-year-olds. Koreans have much better English."[/size]
  • Options
    Walrus PeteWalrus Pete Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Will folks be allowed to join later on? I'm definitely intrigued, but it'll take me some time to make and build up a Walrus Pete CAW, since I haven't completed GM mode yet.

Walrus Pete on
  • Options
    Whiniest Man On EarthWhiniest Man On Earth Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    :shock:

don't make me buy this.

Whiniest Man On Earth on
  • Options
    AchernarAchernar Cardinal NationRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Will folks be allowed to join later on? I'm definitely intrigued, but it'll take me some time to make and build up a Walrus Pete CAW, since I haven't completed GM mode yet.

Took me about thirty minutes last night to run through the exact process outlined above, claim GM mode as my own, and now I run roughshod over the CAW mode.

I still can't seem to get anything going against the CPU, though.

Is it just me, or does one little shot knock you to the canvas for something like, I don't know, twenty seconds? It's weird. I never feel like I'm in control of a match.

I did create a cruiserweight, though - maybe that has something to do with it. Otherwise, I just assume that the game wants you to lose early on. I'm talking a 99-rated fighter here.

Achernar on
    "Dude, those weren't Koreans; those were twelve-year-olds. Koreans have much better English."[/size]
  • Options
    GoodOmensGoodOmens Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Achernar wrote:
    Is it just me, or does one little shot knock you to the canvas for something like, I don't know, twenty seconds? It's weird. I never feel like I'm in control of a match.

I did create a cruiserweight, though - maybe that has something to do with it. Otherwise, I just assume that the game wants you to lose early on. I'm talking a 99-rated fighter here.

That's the problem I'm having, largely because I suck at reversals. Once the opponent starts taking control, I'm sort of a crash test dummy until he lets up.

GoodOmens on
    steam_sig.png
    IOS Game Center ID: Isotope-X
  • Options
    PataPata Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    If I had a 360 and this game I would do this.

Do this so hard.

Pata on
    SRWWSig.pngEpisode 5: Mecha-World, Mecha-nisim, Mecha-beasts
  • Options
    ArtoriaArtoria Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    A couple of things.

1. if i had a 360 I'd be all over this.

2. someone really should tape the matches and then upload them for us all to see. otherwise it won't be entertaining for anyone who is not playing in it.

Artoria on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Okay, I made my CAW and building him up through season.

N20 is the CAW's name, and he's face, so put me down.

And anyone annoyed that if your CAW has a logo or flag, you can't take him online? Took me forever to figure out why I couldn't use my character online.

Kyougu on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    I want to tape the matches but I don't have the equipment to do so. Not a big deal, though. Once the story lines and everything start the in-character posts should be the real entertainment.

I do need a screenshot of our awesome belt, though. I think I can make that work I just don't have the time to fiddle with it until Friday.

Of course people can join later, the more the better.

Accualt on
  • Options
    precisionkprecisionk Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    GoodOmens wrote:
    Achernar wrote:

That's the problem I'm having, largely because I suck at reversals. Once the opponent starts taking control, I'm sort of a crash test dummy until he lets up.

I am having the exact same problems with reversals. Serious, try the Hardy vs Edge Backstage challenge match. Edge doesn't let up and just rapes you.

precisionk on
  • Options
    ArcibiArcibi Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Cursing my lack of a 360 now

Arcibi on
    GameTrailers | Goozex | Check out: Arcibi's Dev Blog and Robot House Games
    tmntsigshrunkre4.jpg
    Wii: 5024 6786 2934 2806 | Steam/XBL: Arcibi | FFXI: Arcibi / Bahamut
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    I'm considering doing the buy.com deal just for this... Time to scour some reviews first.

Whiniest Man On Earth on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    defrag wrote:
    I'm considering doing the buy.com deal just for this... Time to scour some reviews first.

Personally, as a guy who had '06, I think it got better reviews than it deserves. Anything over an 8.2 is pushing it but I've seen multiple reviews giving it a 9/10.

Accualt on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Accualt wrote:
    defrag wrote:

Personally, as a guy who had '06, I think it got better reviews than it deserves. Anything over an 8.2 is pushing it but I've seen multiple reviews giving it a 9/10.

Hmm. But, at the same time, I haven't had a wrestling game in a really long time and this league makes it a very tempting purchase.

Whiniest Man On Earth on
  • Options
    STEVOtheGREATSTEVOtheGREAT Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    I hadn't seen this thread until now, but in like Flynn.

I'd also love to have something to do with this behind the scenes. I used to do something like this for an efed, writing roughly a few pages each week for results.

I could, in theory, be special referee in certain instances, record parts of the match, get the highlights together, and make a little show.

I could even split up commentary with someone if anyone has a microphone. Not sure the details on how to get all of this done but I know there's got to be a way. Imagine, PAW events on YouTube, with music and everything.

And for matches like a tag team tornado where I wouldn't be involved, we could trade the wrestlers around and I could recreate certain parts of the matches in a singles game. Hell, if you want to get REALLY into it, I could load up PAers' wrestlers, do some season mode, and pick out certain clips for interview spots and stuff. This is getting really into it but I'm sure it would be a blast.

Anyway...
    Forum – Xbox Live – Wrestler - Personality
    STEVOtheGREAT Stevo 22 Sabre Deus Heel

STEVOtheGREAT on
    paavatar.jpg
  • Options
    STEVOtheGREATSTEVOtheGREAT Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    defrag wrote:
    Accualt wrote:
    defrag wrote:

Hmm. But, at the same time, I haven't had a wrestling game in a really long time and this league makes it a very tempting purchase.

As a guy who owned two or three of the original Smackdowns (or at least rented the third) and have loved wrestling games since the SNES days, I say get this. The single player has its flaws but you can fine tune them for exhibition matches in the options. The online is amazing provided you play with the right people, and seeing as that's what we're planning here... unless you have something else you'd rather spend your money on, this game is seriously a lot of fun and this fed has tons of potential.

STEVOtheGREAT on
    paavatar.jpg
  • Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    I'm in as well. My xbox live account is noirblood, and my wrestler is James "High Roller" Hayes.

The only thing that worries is that we're going to see a lot of 99 experience character. I really much preffer everyone to just take their caw and bring them up through story mode, that way each one would have separate weaknesses strenghts.

noir_blood on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    noir_blood wrote:
    I'm in as well. My xbox live account is noirblood, and my wrestler is James "High Roller" Hayes.

The only thing that worries is that we're going to see a lot of 99 experience character. I really much preffer everyone to just take their caw and bring them up through story mode, that way each one would have separate weaknesses strenghts.

One of the rules of the league is everyone's CAW needs to be at 85. That way there are some weaknesses and strengths to play with.

Accualt on
  • Options
    JonnyBotJonnyBot Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Well, like I said in the other thread, I'm in. I hope I'll be able to get this today, if not then definitely by friday. I'll come back and post my character then.

JonnyBot on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Put me:
    My gamertag is below.
    My CAW: Alex "N2O" Reyes

Kyougu on
  • Options
    Stevo 22Stevo 22 Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    If it's not any trouble I'd like to replace my previous entry and go with a wrestler named Steve Osborn, neutral alignment. Do we have enough people to start playing around with this yet?

Stevo 22 on
    "It's do or die." "Hey, I've died twice."
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Here I thought this was going to be a PA efed. Oh well, it's pretty cool anyways. :)

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Stevo 22Stevo 22 Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Reynolds wrote:
    Here I thought this was going to be a PA efed. Oh well, it's pretty cool anyways. :)

It... is...

It's an e-fed using SvR 07 for 360 and roleplaying.

But if you're implying that PA needs an e-fed of its own, I agree.

Stevo 22 on
    "It's do or die." "Hey, I've died twice."
  • Options
    ZephosZephos Climbin in yo ski lifts, snatchin your people up. MichiganRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    man, i'd love to join in on this, but no way in fucking hell can i bring myself to spend that much on a fucking wrastlin' game.

Zephos on
    Xbox One/360: Penguin McCool
  • Options
    GoodOmensGoodOmens Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    precisionk wrote:
    GoodOmens wrote:

I am having the exact same problems with reversals. Serious, try the Hardy vs Edge Backstage challenge match. Edge doesn't let up and just rapes you.

Oddly enough, I murdered Edge in this challenge. Lots of Irish whips into various environmental weapons, lots of Side Effects, and 2 Twists of Fate. Total domination on my part.

GoodOmens on
    steam_sig.png
    IOS Game Center ID: Isotope-X
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    GoodOmens wrote:
    precisionk wrote:
    GoodOmens wrote:

Oddly enough, I murdered Edge in this challenge. Lots of Irish whips into various environmental weapons, lots of Side Effects, and 2 Twists of Fate. Total domination on my part.

Speaking of challenges, is there an easy way to do them? Like somewhere where I can go and just click on what challenge I want to do? Or do I have to remember the challenges and then do them in exhibition?

Kyougu on