As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Language Bar Issues

KrisKris Registered User regular
So I run windows vista under bootcamp, and yesterday I upgraded my bootcamp drivers. Afterwards, everything got reset it seemed, such as my resolution, and so too did my language settings. So now, I have this stupid french canadian keyboard setup, which is pissing me off to no end. However, I canèt just change it back, because my language bar is no longer accessible, even though it used to be there before I had updated. Now, it wonèt even appear in the toolbar list when you right click on the task bar.

Microsofts site says that this means I donèt have multiple language support installed, but I used to, so I donèt get how it just disappeared. Do I really have to look for and install a language pack I should already have on my computerÉ Fuck, I canèt even type a dang question mark. Roar.

Kris on

• Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    ...language bar?

Open up Control Panel, and type "language" in the search panel.

Seriously.

Frem on
  • Options
    Cyd CycloneCyd Cyclone Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Go to Regional and Language Options in the Control Panel. Select US Standard Layout, and delete the French Canadian layout. Problem solved.

Cyd Cyclone on
  • Options
    KrisKris Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    D:D: Oh good lord. Thank you Cyd Cyclone, that worked. I don't know how that didn't occur to me. I blame it on my horrible head cold. :P And Frem, I had tried your suggestion before posting my original question. The search brought up nothing. Thanks though. :)

This thread can be locked so hard!

Kris on
  • Options
    Cyd CycloneCyd Cyclone Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    For some stupid reason (language laws), French Canadian keysets are included by default whenever you install Windows with the location set as Canada. Problem is that the keysets have this odd habit of switching around. If you don't have French Canadian layouts printed on your keys, you can get really confused.

Glad to help.

Cyd Cyclone on