Hey guys. I'm a 3d animator or something, I guess. I'm graduating this May. Let's talk about my reel!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOJao14aCNs
For non-youtube compression, you can check it out (as well as the list of my actual responsibilities and such) at www.sebiel.com/reel.htm
To sharpen up my reel, I think I'm gonna have to animate some non-work stuff on my own time. Here are some ideas:
- Animals. I don't have a single non humanoid on my reel... though I'm animating a shot on a short with a huge alien bug. A short test with a small dog or a big monster would be really nice, I think.
- Hand-to-hand combat between two characters. Probably the most efficient way to show my ability to create both credible action and reaction, and also give me some space to do some camera animation too.
- Dialogue / acting tests. I actually had one in there before, but it was irrelevant to the interests of the position I'm in now, so I had cut it out. It was bad anyway.
- "Weight" test animations. Everyone's done the box... maybe someone jumping a fence, or doing some Prince of Persia pole-swinging?
- Specializing in high quality fighting game video content