As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Saturday [Chat]

Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
edited March 2009 in Debate and/or Discourse
In honor of the only happy piece of music Nick Drake ever wrote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsfif4G2L7M

Casual Eddy on

• Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    JK - in the interests of full disclosure, I am utterly heartbroken right now. Having let a relationship die which I realised only afterwards it was pretty much entirely up to me to prevent and it snapping into focus that she is the one I want to be with.

It is not a good place to be.

Apothe0sis on
  • JamesKeenanJamesKeenan Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Variable wrote: »
    jk your girlfriend came to atlanta and shit, you should work to hold onto her.

By god, you're right.

Well, I never really planned on leaving her. I guess I had questions. But mostly I can't be mad at her for anything right now. Really. This is my doing.

I know I should completely stop feeling sorry for myself. Stop feeling bad, but also stop doing the dumb things. Don't keep beating yourself up, but just also try not to mess up again.

I get it, those are the same things I'd say to anyone else. I have no excuse for all the previous.

I had actual questions and issues, but I forgot them in my despondent nonsense.

JamesKeenan on
  • _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2009
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    JK - in the interests of full disclosure, I am utterly heartbroken right now. Having let a relationship die which I realised only afterwards it was pretty much entirely up to me to prevent and it snapping into focus that she is the one I want to be with.

Yeah. I've been in that situation for about four years now. It gets worse with time.

I say that not as an attempt to one-up you. I've just been thinking about it a lot...because, yeah.

_J_ on
  • deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Mountain Goats were SO AWESOME

Zen you really should go to the free show in Hamilton on Thursday night

deadonthestreet on
  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I ache

Casual Eddy on
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    JK it's worth it to take the shot.

Even if you fail, you never have "what if." That's a harder burden than knowing what was.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    _J_ wrote: »

Yeah. I've been in that situation for about four years now. It gets worse with time.

I say that not as an attempt to one-up you. I've just been thinking about it a lot...because, yeah.

It gets worse?

FML

Apothe0sis on
    edited March 2009
    And by god she's not perfect, but I kind of feel like my own issues are of little consequence right now, because I've been entirely too lax in this relationship, but I do seriously care for her.

For all I know it's because I don't want to be with her and I don't even realize it. I really don't think that's it though, because I've faced a sort of similar situation before where I thought it might be over, and it was just... An all-sinking kind of emotion.

JamesKeenan on
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Who's Nick Drake?

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2009
    Guys ignoring the fanboy esque nature of OSX'ing my background, which do you think looks better:

shaded background

transparent background

?

Organichu on
    edited March 2009
    Organichu wrote: »
    Guys ignoring the fanboy esque nature of OSX'ing my background, which do you think looks better:

shaded background

transparent background

?

Tough call, actually... I don't know.

JamesKeenan on
  • gundam470gundam470 Drunk Gorilla CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Transparent.

gundam470 on
    gorillaSig.jpg
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited March 2009
    I worried about nothing. My friend wasn't going crazy. It turns out her boyfriend was being sneaky, and sent a relationship request to me from her profile. In other news, I'm in a fake Facebook relationship now.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
    edited March 2009

It gets worse?

FML

Yeah. And my ex got married to another guy last January, which made it all the worse.

I'm nigh-certain that the only reason I haven't killed myself at this point is that, in my estimation, I still have greater than a 0% chance of ending up with her.

And that makes me really fucking pathetic. But it's honest, at least.

_J_ on
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Elki, what did you mean by 1993, 1997, 1999?

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I don't see a difference

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
    edited March 2009
    Aegis wrote: »
    Who's Nick Drake?

sad english musician who killed himself

Casual Eddy on
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Transparent.

Aegis on
    Characters
    edited March 2009
    And by god she's not perfect, but I kind of feel like my own issues are of little consequence right now, because I've been entirely too lax in this relationship, but I do seriously care for her.

For all I know it's because I don't want to be with her and I don't even realize it. I really don't think that's it though, because I've faced a sort of similar situation before where I thought it might be over, and it was just... An all-sinking kind of emotion.

And if you don't want to go into marriage you can always just get a job, rent an apartment, and live together or something. Just show initiative and movement. If you just sit on the PA forums being indecisive you're not making progress in any sense.

Unless you think you can discern your true feelings through inner reflection simply manifest new situations and observe what happens.

_J_ on
    edited March 2009
    Elki wrote: »
    I'm in a fake Facebook relationship now.
    Just wait till your fake facebook girlfriend breaks up with you without telling you. It hurts, man.

deadonthestreet on
    edited March 2009
    Aegis wrote: »
    Who's Nick Drake?

sad english musician who killed himself

Sounds like pick me up music.

Aegis on
    Characters
    edited March 2009
    What should I watch tonight: The Graduate or A History of Violence?

gundam470 on
    gorillaSig.jpg
  • JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

shaded background

transparent background

?

Shaded.

James on
    edited March 2009
    gundam470 wrote: »
    What should I watch tonight: The Graduate or A History of Violence?

tough call. damn.

The Graduate

Variable on
    edited March 2009
    Unless you think you can discern your true feelings through inner reflection simply manifest new situations and observe what happens.

I think I am where I am because that's all I do.

JamesKeenan on
    edited March 2009
    James wrote: »

shaded background

transparent background

?

Shaded.

Apothe0sis on
    edited March 2009
    Variable wrote: »
    I don't see a difference

The dock on the bottom with my four most-used icons. In one the background is shaded, in the other it's transparent.

Organichu on
    edited March 2009
    The Graduate it is.

gundam470 on
    gorillaSig.jpg
    edited March 2009
    now I see the difference. shaded.

Variable on
    edited March 2009
    Shaded

deadonthestreet on
    edited March 2009

How's it worked out for you?

_J_ on
    edited March 2009

How's it worked out for you?

Well actually It hasn't been-

Oh, I see what you did there!

JamesKeenan on
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited March 2009
    Just wait till your fake facebook girlfriend breaks up with you without telling you. It hurts, man.

That'll take a while. Our plan is to go from "relationship" to "engaged" to "married" to "it's complicated." I've always wanted it to be complicated.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Hey, everyone else's relationships are in the tank too?

Must be that time of year.

My sort of ex girlfriend just told me that she can't take the risk that us giving it the try might not work out.

then she had the audacity to request that I not get completely shitfaced.

god i'm glad I still have irish whiskey left...

LoserForHireX on
    "The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
    edited March 2009
    many people thought my relationship with my bf was 'fake'

guys do that all the time after all

and i'm apparently ironic all the time

Casual Eddy on
    edited March 2009

That'll take a while. Our plan is to go from "relationship" to "engaged" to "married" to "it's complicated." I've always wanted it to be complicated.

You could each buy a rubix cube. Then you could say "it's complicated".

_J_ on
    edited March 2009
    many people thought my relationship with my bf was 'fake'

guys do that all the time after all

and i'm apparently ironic all the time

you mean you're actually gay?

Variable on
    edited March 2009
    I bet you even wear ironic T-shirts, Eddy.

deadonthestreet on
    edited March 2009
    Gundam how's it feel to know everyone disagrees with you and since arguments via numbers are infallible and perfect, you clearly have objectively awful taste?

Organichu on
    edited March 2009
    Ignore it if you wish, I'm not trying to dump shit here.
    OK, maybe I am a little bitter that now for her I have to get a job so I can fill in some silly role that we are one soul now and I need to step up and be the man for her so I can live up to what she's been told her whole life, that the woman stays at home and does her projects, and the man works. And she works now, and consciously goes against that, and yet still actually wants it.

And there's definitely an imbalance in the day-to-day small things like, one example, massages.

But can I really complain? It's not like I'm ever vocal about my feelings. I try not to be. I never ask for anything, and I try to be eternally considerate.

So it's not like she probably knows half the things that bother me. So it's still my fault, and I don't have a job. Which I realize I should probably have one anyway. I have a pretty easy school schedule, I don't have a big reason not to except that I don't really need a job to survive how I live now. I do need a job if I need to start saving for a family, but I'm 21 still. That feels a bit of a way off, even if it is something I want eventually.

Goddammit.

JamesKeenan on
This discussion has been closed.