As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Seeking critic

2»

• Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    paulwind wrote:
    Racism is not associated with homophobia, by the way.

I was waiting for somebody to catch that. :lol:

NightDragon on
  • Options
    DeeLockDeeLock Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    What's your problem?

Did you get beat up by a gang of gay kids in school?

DeeLock on
  • Options
    SamiSami Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Have you killed yourself yet? I'd be more than happy to help if you'd like.

Sami on
  • Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    CatnipCat wrote:
    Uh oh, time to get serious.

I don't like berating people, and all I want to say is that if you are serious about your work and you really want to do a "successful" (in terms of humor and maybe readers), then you're going to have to work on it. You've made a start, and that's good. Basically what you are doing right now is first-year PA stuff. Except not as funny.

What? Are you kidding? Even first-year PA stuff was a million times better than this. :P

Sheri on
  • Options
    Forbe!Forbe! Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    THIS STUFF IS OUTSTANDING! MORE! MORE! MORE!!!!!!!!!!!

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • Options
    Lexx KYSDSLexx KYSDS Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    CatnipCat is a saint for writing you such a gentle scolding, and you would do well to heed his advice because despite his self-deprecation, he speaks the truth.

I, too, am offended by your work, but it's not because of the subject matter. It's because the execution is horrifying. Even offensive material can be made tolorable--even humorous--when done well. But there is absolutely nothing redeeming about your work. The art is bad. The writing is bad. I'm pretty sure it makes baby Jesus cry.

If you want a legitimate critique, come back again later with something you've put some serious effort into.

Lexx KYSDS on
  • Options
    TheBogTheBog Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    donotwantazn.jpg?t=1164864887

TheBog on
  • Options
    Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    edited November 2006
    falconire wrote:
    I forgot who was making a list of all the bad webcomics, but after going to their website I believe they have another one to add.

Actually I admit that this was one of our worst comics. The newer ones are a lot better.

In the same way that getting shot in the face is 'a lot better' than being stabbed repeatedly in the neck with an icepick, sure.

EDIT: This is another one of those threads I know I should just go ahead and lock, but the promise of a ridiculous flame war erupting here is just so tantalizing.

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    Forbe!Forbe! Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    1164566869411kv1.jpg

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • Options
    falconirefalconire Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    You know what, I think I'm done here. I just gonna reply kind of general. Paulwind, let's just end this here before this arguement gets out of control and we start sending death threats to each other. I did mean this as a serious piece though, not just something to pass the time on and I did take a number of peoples advice on it. So until next time... Cool beans... Cool beans...

falconire on
  • Options
    Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    edited November 2006
    alright,

Angel_of_Bacon on
This discussion has been closed.