As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Dawn of War2/ Steam registration question

No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To FearBut Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
edited March 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
Greetings all. A few weeks ago I purchased Dawn of War 2 for my friend's birthday. Part of the idea was that I was going to install it on my computer and see if it would run. I went through the motions, made a Steam account, etc. In the end it wouldn't work because my renderer is too old. So OK, shit happens, at least my friend can play it, right?- Wrong. He had been too busy to install it recently because of hard drive space/ reformatting issues, but we finally got around to it today, we go through the motions (he already has Steam and an account) and then it tells us the product key has already been activated. Obviously it is my account that's the problem. Needless to say neither of us can play it currently and I was wondering if there was any way for me to delete my Steam account or what have you so as to allow my friend to install his game.

Thanks in advance.

No-Quarter on

• Options
    PeregrineFalconPeregrineFalcon Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    DoW is now tied to your STEAM account. It tells you that when you're entering the key.

You'll have to give him the new account - if you just made it, that shouldn't be a problem. Hopefully he likes the name you picked. :P

PeregrineFalcon on
    Looking for a DX:HR OnLive code for my kid brother.
    Can trade TF2 items or whatever else you're interested in. PM me.
  • Options
    Delicious SteveDelicious Steve Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    DoW is now tied to your STEAM account. It tells you that when you're entering the key.

You'll have to give him the new account - if you just made it, that shouldn't be a problem. Hopefully he likes the name you picked. :P

Correct.

And i'm just going to add, don't ask steam support to transfer the game to your friend's account, they freeze accounts when you do that (to prevent people reselling their steam games).

Delicious Steve on