As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Windows] Internet Connection Problems (RESOLVED)

psyck0psyck0 Registered User regular
EDIT: I have found the problem: spyware. Namely, something called unwise_.exe. Can anyone help me remove it? Symantic said it did but now it's back.

Hey guys.

SO: I HAVE used this computer and this router to connect to the internet before. I am currently using it on my mac partition. The connection and router work.

Here is the problem: windows detects the ethernet connection and tells me that there is no problem with it. It even tells me the correct IP of the router and says that windows itself has a valid IP in the range that the router should be assigning me. BUT... I can't connect to any websites, not even to the router itself. The firewall is off.

So: Windows says it has an internet connection and is giving me the correct IPs that make it seem like it should have an internet connection, but I can't connect, not even to the router.

Thanks in advance.

Play Smash Bros 3DS with me! 4399-1034-5444
steam_sig.png
psyck0 on

• Options
    edited March 2009
    Can anyone recommend me a good spyware remover? The problem seems to be spyware and symantic is being a piece of crap.

psyck0 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BeazleBeazle Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Beazle on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I tried Ad-Aware and it seems to have worked. Thanks anyway. If it comes back I will definitely try those.

psyck0 on
    steam_sig.png