As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Is Pandora lagging my computer?

MertzyMertzy Registered User regular
edited March 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
I play WoW, so this may be a factor, as it's a rather large program, but I've been noticing some additional lag after starting up Pandora while playing. At first it's fine, but after one to a few hours, I notice the latency starts to pick up heavily. The key indicator for me is when I try to alt+tab between WoW and other programs, I basically lag bomb my pc.

Could this be something to do with Pandora?

THE END.
Mertzy on

• Options
    I'd Fuck Chuck Lidell UpI'd Fuck Chuck Lidell Up Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    could be. try running it without pandora and see if it makes a difference. could also be a lot of other things too though. could just be your computer running wow for a few hours

I'd Fuck Chuck Lidell Up on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I've run it without Pandora before and there's a noticeable difference, but I don't know what to do about it other than stop using Pandora, which is unfortunate...

But just how much will running WoW for extended periods of time affect my CPU?

Mertzy on
    THE END.
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Mertzy wrote: »
    I've run it without Pandora before and there's a noticeable difference, but I don't know what to do about it other than stop using Pandora, which is unfortunate...

But just how much will running WoW for extended periods of time affect my CPU?

not really just the cpu. it effects a lot of stuff. over working your computer tends to do that

could even be the ram (which it probably is which is why it's making a difference when you run less things)

disable your start up items in msconfig and run only wow and pandora and you should be better off.

obviously nothing is going to run as good as just 1 app but if you take out the others in the background those 2 should run better

• Options
    edited March 2009
    I've pretty much stripped my msconfig startup bare of anything that isn't essential. My entire pc was pretty much built in 2004, so I'm thinking I may need to upgrade a few parts sometime soon. I'm currently running an AMD Athlon 64b with 1.8GHz and a gig of RAM. Any suggestions?

Mertzy on
    THE END.
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Mertzy wrote: »
    I've pretty much stripped my msconfig startup bare of anything that isn't essential. My entire pc was pretty much built in 2004, so I'm thinking I may need to upgrade a few parts sometime soon. I'm currently running an AMD Athlon 64b with 1.8GHz and a gig of RAM. Any suggestions?
    not really other than upgrade.

for now it seems your options are

play with both and run slower
    play with one and not use pandora
    lower resolution and test again