As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

need to fix my girlfriends watch

pogo mudderpogo mudder Registered User regular
edited March 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
I bought this
http://www.shopwiki.co.uk/detail/d=Lip_Mach_2000_1890362_Canaille_Mach-Caprice_Women%27s_Watch/ watch about a week ago and it's stopped working, there's no place underneath of the watch to insert a new battery so I'm assuming it's a windup watch. I'm not exactly a connoisseur of watches, so I was wondering if anyone has this same watch or a very similar one to tell me how it works. The black knob on the side adjusts the time.

-any advice would be welcome, she's starting to get a bit pissy about it, need to save the day and all that.

what a work of art is man, and the most boring choice you can make
pogo mudder on

• Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    take it back to the store and get a replacement. don't worry about repairing it, just get a new one.

edit: if you bought it online, send it back and get a new one

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    yeah i got it on amazon, but i checked my profile and there's no listing of my purchasing the watch or anything on the site, which is weird and leaves me in the dark a bit, I can't even contact the seller cause I can't track him down with no record of purchase on amazon. I've found the main site of the company that produces the watches, but their only help is "this watches sleek retro design, will change the way you view time forever"

pogo mudder on
  • Options
    RUNN1NGMANRUNN1NGMAN Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    My google-fu indicates that it is a quartz movement, and therefore runs on a battery. The watch should have a backing on the case that screws off. You may need to detach it from the wriststrap to get to it. It's easiest to take it to a jeweler and have them replace the battery as they have all the tools necessary for removing the wriststrap and the backing.

RUNN1NGMAN on
  • Options
    saggiosaggio Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    RUNN1NGMAN wrote: »
    My google-fu indicates that it is a quartz movement, and therefore runs on a battery. The watch should have a backing on the case that screws off. You may need to detach it from the wriststrap to get to it. It's easiest to take it to a jeweler and have them replace the battery as they have all the tools necessary for removing the wriststrap and the backing.

Yeah, a watch that cheap will most certainly not be an automatic.

Take it to any horologist and they should be able to help you out (and maybe even sell you an actual automatic).

saggio on
    3DS: 0232-9436-6893
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Aye I figured a jewelers would be my best bet, thanks for the help guys

pogo mudder on
  • Options
    TopweaselTopweasel Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I swore I thought when I went in here I was going to see a lot of stove comments.

Anyways. If getting a return through the guys you purchased it from isn't and option, is there any small mom and pop classic watch stores around? They can do wonders.

Topweasel on