As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

How do you know what somethings worth without e-bay?

NakedZerglingNakedZergling A more apocalyptic post apocalypse Portland OregonRegistered User regular
edited April 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
So i have an item and for the love of god i can't figure out what it's worth. I have searched e-bay, and it's not on there, and i realized that without e-bay i have no idea how to attach a dollar value to the item.

The item in question is a 3 1/2 -4 foot tall statue of master chief from the halo series. I know this model was limited to 600 units and cam out for the launch of halo 2.
anyone have any clue how i can figure this out?

NakedZergling on

• Options
    WezoinWezoin Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I'm not sure but PM me when you find out - depending on the price I may take it off your hands.

Wezoin on
  • Options
    oldsakoldsak Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    for collectors items for which there's not really an active market, the value is really whatever somebody will pay for it/how much you're willing to take to part with it.

oldsak on
  • Options
    NakedZerglingNakedZergling A more apocalyptic post apocalypse Portland OregonRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    i was told by a local comics/games dealer that it's worth between 500-1000 but that seems like an large gap, and i have no clue if it's true.

NakedZergling on
  • Options
    Teslan26Teslan26 Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Look on ebay for people trading SIMILAR goods, in volume especially, and ask them.

Teslan26 on
  • Options
    starmanbrandstarmanbrand Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Yeah, without an active market its hard to determine the price of a good. I'd say maybe put it up on ebay with a reserve of like 1500 or so. If someone ends up buying it for that much, damn you just made fiteen-hunnerd. If not, you can see the general area the bidding ends.

But this is with ebay so my advice directly contradicts the title.

starmanbrand on
    camo_sig2.png