As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Want some Free Vista? 'course ya do.

• EnigEnig a.k.a. Ansatz Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    How do you register? Clicking on any of the buttons results in a "Page not found" for me. :|

Enig on
    ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
    Steam (Ansatz) || GW2 officer (Ansatz.6498)
  • KKprofitKKprofit Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Thru some sort of 500 error voodoo I have 2 of these labeled as completed... now to just get the third...

Wants me to upgrade to windows media player 10.. like hell.

KKprofit on
  • CrayonCrayon Sleeps in the wrong bed. TejasRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Damn, it says they are out of free gifts. Damn me and my sleep!

Crayon on
  • EnigEnig a.k.a. Ansatz Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Crayon wrote:
    Damn, it says they are out of free gifts. Damn me and my sleep!
    Yeah, awesome. I can see the other pages now that they are "Sold Out".

Oh well, I don't care about Vista anyway. I don't need DX10 for at least a year, and XP games run worse on Vista at the moment.

Enig on
    ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
    Steam (Ansatz) || GW2 officer (Ansatz.6498)
  • HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I completed two of the videos.

I need to get the third. Since I'm pre-registered, I still qualify.

But the site is down!

I hope it comes back up. This may be the only way I can ever afford vista.

HadjiQuest on
  • victor_c26victor_c26 Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    HadjiQuest wrote:

But the site is down!

Wait, if you already registered, there's still a copy waiting for you? O_o

victor_c26 on
    It's been so long since I've posted here, I've removed my signature since most of what I had here were broken links. Shows over, you can carry on to the next post.
  • mr_ekimmr_ekim Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    victor_c26 wrote:
    HadjiQuest wrote:

But the site is down!

The message on the site seems to suggest that.

mr_ekim on
    steam_sig.pngmrekim.phpmrekim.php
    edited December 2006
    victor_c26 wrote:
    HadjiQuest wrote:

But the site is down!

Already Registered? If you have already registered for the Vista Campaign, selected a gift and are eligible to receive the free gift, please continue to watch your webcasts to complete the requirements for your free Windows Vista Business.

HadjiQuest on
    edited December 2006
    I have one marked as completed, and I clicked on the offline link to download the video, since I was using firefox out of fear. It looks like the offline links work guys.

Playing the offline video in it's entirety to make sure it counts.

victor_c26 on
    It's been so long since I've posted here, I've removed my signature since most of what I had here were broken links. Shows over, you can carry on to the next post.
  • fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    i'm pretty sure you have to give these guys your: 1) tax returns and 2) social security number.

even if it is legit, i'd still not want to give that info out. not even for Vista.

fightinfilipino on
    ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
    edited December 2006
    They didn't ask me for my socal, or tax return when I registered.

And isn't that pretty much illegal now outside of government institutions (Asking for social)?

victor_c26 on
    edited December 2006
    i'm pretty sure you have to give these guys your: 1) tax returns and 2) social security number.

even if it is legit, i'd still not want to give that info out. not even for Vista.

Only if you do both Office and Vista.

Which together cost over $800.

Which means that you have to file a tax notice for them by law.

HadjiQuest on
  • mr_ekimmr_ekim Registered User regular
    edited December 2006

I have no idea where you're getting that info from. The only time you will need to submit any sort of tax info is if you want to get both Vista and Office, which requires you to send in a W-4 form for Gift Tax purposes.

mr_ekim on
    steam_sig.pngmrekim.phpmrekim.php
    edited December 2006
    Did anybody use the Replay wrapper on the site?

I backed off and used the offline link again, since the SP2 dialog box mentioned the fact that it didn't have a verified digital signature.

I would assume Microsoft would be on top of this.

victor_c26 on
  • KrizKriz Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    is the website working for anyone else? cause I haven't been able to access it since last night.

Kriz on
    edited December 2006
    Kriz wrote:
    is the website working for anyone else? cause I haven't been able to access it since last night.

Yeah, well, it worked since I started my second video 30 minutes ago.

victor_c26 on
  • TheBosZTheBosZ Wut? Hillsboro, ORRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    The website's working just fine for me, I just check my status like two seconds ago.

Downloading the videos works just fine as far as the counter cares. In fact, you don't even have to download them. Just by typing your name into the webcast registration screen and confirming your email and "employer's name" it'll start the "in progress" thingy.

I downloaded the videos to just be sure, but I didn't bother watching them.

My Vista status is "complete," I just have to wait for the verification on that one.

By the way, if the status is "pending" it just has to update it. It took a night to do it.

TheBosZ on
    3DS Friend Code - 4468-1117-6397
    Let me know if you add me, and I'll add you back. (I'm also on the Roster)
  • Locust76Locust76 Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Website says there's no more gifts available :(

Locust76 on
    edited December 2006
    Locust76 wrote:
    Website says there's no more gifts available :(

If you already registered your three videos, your still in the game. If not, sorry.

victor_c26 on
  • FatsFats Corvallis, ORRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Kriz wrote:

Nope, I can't connect to anything but the front page. :(

Edit: Oh, the Office side still works, just not the Vista side.

Fats on
  • KKprofitKKprofit Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Webiste wrote:
    Congratulations! You’ve completed the number of Webcasts required to receive a free, fully-licensed copy of Windows Vista Business. Once we’ve confirmed that you meet the eligibility requirements stated in the offer details below we will ship your gift within 6-8 weeks of the release to manufacturing of Windows Vista. While you’re waiting, why not check out additional Webcasts to further your skills?

KKprofit on
    edited December 2006
    yup, same here. three complete, hello free Vista. :D

Kriz on
  • shroudedshrouded Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Alright; I got 3 'casts viewed over the weekend. One was watched live; 2 were just downloaded. They all cycled from pending to complete this morning. This will save me some cash on that inevitable Vista upgrade.

Has anyone seen firm numbers on the upgrade cost from Business to Ultimate? The unofficial numbers I've seen around around $60.

shrouded on
    Now Playing: Wii: Nothing. PS3: Netflix. 360: Nothing. PC: Skyrim. OSX: Nothing. iOS: Elder Sign. Vita: Wipeout 2048, Persona 3, Lumines.
  • DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Ah, that gift tax nonsense now makes sense to me, because I originally picked up Office 2003 and Xp Pro from Microsoft's retail site, but I actually had to pay about 10 dollars for a program fee and s&h, so basically I ended up buying the product, but at an incredibly reduced rate.

Now if only the retail site stepped back up with some good rewards, because as of right now, they've barely updated anything for over six months.

DoctorArch on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • ImprovoloneImprovolone Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I chose the full Office suite, it's more useful to me. Am I the only one?

Improvolone on
    Voice actor for hire. My time is free if your project is!
    edited December 2006
    I chose the full Office suite, it's more useful to me. Am I the only one?

I wanted both, but the tax thing kinda scared me. :?

I'll be a little amazed if they actually send me a copy of Vista. Worth a try, I guess.

Fats on
    edited December 2006
    Kriz wrote:
    yup, same here. three complete, hello free Vista. :D

Same here also.

I really hope they send it. By the looks of the channel 9 thread, it's looking like it'll happen. :o

victor_c26 on
    edited December 2006
    I've gotta say that part of me is a little disappointed. I participated in something similar for the XP launch, & got not only a copy of XP pro but a full-size lava lamp filled with X's & P's that I still keep on my desk. Anything less than that and I feel like MS is letting me down.

shrouded on
    Now Playing: Wii: Nothing. PS3: Netflix. 360: Nothing. PC: Skyrim. OSX: Nothing. iOS: Elder Sign. Vita: Wipeout 2048, Persona 3, Lumines.
    edited December 2006
    shrouded wrote:
    I've gotta say that part of me is a little disappointed. I participated in something similar for the XP launch, & got not only a copy of XP pro but a full-size lava lamp filled with X's & P's that I still keep on my desk. Anything less than that and I feel like MS is letting me down.

Dude, you're still getting a $300 copy of Vista. It's good enough in my book. :)

victor_c26 on
  • kerrminaterkerrminater Registered User new member
    edited December 2006
    Unfortunately, they are all gone.

D:
    Not that my computer has enough prowess to handle that.

kerrminater on
    edited December 2006
    Anyone get a confirmation email or something similar yet?

HadjiQuest on
    edited December 2006
    HadjiQuest wrote:
    Anyone get a confirmation email or something similar yet?

they didn't send those, they just put it on on your personal page when you have three completed.

it says on the website that it'll take 6-8 weeks, and I heard that a MS rep said sometime in January, so now all we can do is wait.

Kriz on
    edited January 2007
    I don't normally dredge up old threads, but look what turned up in my e-mail box this afternoon:

hooray.jpg

:-)

According to Mark Brown, they should be shipping at the end of the week. I didn't really think it was going to work, now I wish I had signed up for Office too.

Fats on
    edited January 2007
    got that same email today.

also, for those of us who only chose Vista in the PowerTogether deal, you can get Office 2007 Professional for free by attending a launch event, as described here:

http://www.microsoft.com/business/launch2007/signup/default.mspx

I'm already registered for one. :D

Kriz on
  • corcorigancorcorigan Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Lucky Americans.

Although my electronics-student cousin here in Britain is already playing around on a legit copy of Vista he gets through some Microsoft-university deal thing.

corcorigan on
    Ad Astra Per Aspera
  • GiantRoboGiantRobo Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Damnit, I wish I could've gotten one. :(

GiantRobo on
  • GiganticusGiganticus Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    corcorigan wrote:
    Lucky Americans.

Although my electronics-student cousin here in Britain is already playing around on a legit copy of Vista he gets through some Microsoft-university deal thing.

Me too. Unfortunately the provided graphics driver is buggy and my system can't change it until the "performance test" has passed which guess what... can't. What a cunt.

Giganticus on
  • PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    D:

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
    edited January 2007
    Just checking in here... I got my confirmation email on the Jan. 9th, and am signed up for the Office release event as well. I actually might have ended up going to the Office event anyway for work. *shrug*

Now if ATI would just get a Vista Radeon driver with OpenGL support released...

shrouded on
    edited January 2007
    I just got Vista in the mail today. Now to partition my Ubuntu hard drive to install Vista:

Envelope:
    vista1.jpg
    Cardboard sleeve booklet:
    vista2.jpg
    The DVD installation disc:
    vista3.jpg

And yes, I know, my camera sucks. It sucks all kinds of ass, sorry for the eye rapage, need to buy a damn modest camera.

victor_c26 on