As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

HDMI In wall Installation

BuddiesBuddies Registered User regular
edited April 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
Has anyone done an in wall installation of an HDMI Cable?

Im wondering if using This Wall plate would diminish the quality enough that just running a cable through the wall from TV to receiver would be better.

I gotta weigh the Quality of the signal versus a super clean installation. Has anyone used that wall plate and can list their pros and cons?

Buddies on

• Options
    ImprovoloneImprovolone Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Generally speaking, the more connections there are the more chance for failure you have. While it is still true for a digital signal, you can't receive a fraction of a digital signal really. You'll see if it doesn't work. My initial advice if you're going to be tearing through walls to run wire is to try and run some PVC pipe instead. That way you can fish your own cables at any time.

Improvolone on
    Voice actor for hire. My time is free if your project is!
  • Options
    CrashtardCrashtard Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    My initial advice if you're going to be tearing through walls to run wire is to try and run some PVC pipe instead. That way you can fish your own cables at any time.

All of this. I've done this as well, and it's a killer way to make cables easy to run.

Crashtard on
    I pinky swear that we will not screw you.

Crashtard.jpg