As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Who else is taking the Bus?

DangoFrankDangoFrank Registered User regular
edited April 2009 in PAX Archive
I think im going to PAX this year by greyhound, since a round trip is close to 200 vs 500 or 600 flying. Anyone else going by that route? Also im wondering how long it will take to get to Seattle, since i live in Kentucky.

Cant wait

DangoFrank on

• Options
    ArcoArco Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Greyhound is the slowest form of transportation known to man. Socrates once wrote that "this bus line naming itself after the greyhound, a dog noted for its exceptional speed and agility, would be akin to the weakest boxer in the history of the sport nicknaming himself 'the hammer.' It is a grave injustice."

Arco on
    Like this, not like the gas station.
    Organizer of the Post-PAX Party. You should come!
    Satellite Theater for life!
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    ha, he really said that? wow. Ill look around more then.

DangoFrank on
  • Options
    ArcoArco Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    In all seriousness:

A drive from Reno, NV to Santa Rosa, CA takes four hours.

According to the official schedule, a greyhound bus takes 9.

Going from personal experience, the greyhound bus actually takes more like 11.

So a bus from Kentucky to northern Washington would take about eleventy billion hours. But, hey. If that's the only way you can get to PAX, fucking do it. It's worth it.

Arco on
    Like this, not like the gas station.
    Organizer of the Post-PAX Party. You should come!
    Satellite Theater for life!
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Not really what i would prefer, but im going with a group of people that dont really want to pay 500-700 round trip. Any suggestions for bus's? thanks.

DangoFrank on
  • Options
    PsychoishPsychoish Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I'm taking a bus, but that's only because I live really close.

Psychoish on
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited April 2009
    Grehounding from Kentucky is likely to take the better part of a week. Why don't you guys drive with the Cross-Country Supertrip. Two days there, two days back and it's much cheaper than $500-600

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    edited April 2009
    Thanks. Ill keep looking for cheap flights and fast bus's

DangoFrank on
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited April 2009
    I think those are both oxymorons.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    edited April 2009
    Ill keep looking for less expensive flights and bus's that are kinda fast, but still not that fast.

better?

DangoFrank on
  • Options
    crackgoblincrackgoblin Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    DangoFrank wrote: »
    Ill keep looking for less expensive flights and bus's that are kinda fast, but still not that fast.

better?

kayak.com, one of my favorite sites for bargain flights, has flights from various parts of kentucky for around the mid 300s. cheaper flight and less time spent >>>>> zillion hours on greyhound.

crackgoblin on
    its a secret to everyone
  • Options
    ArgiveArgive Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Yeah kayak is great. If you are a student, studentuniverse.com is really good too.

I looked into greyhound for getting from boston to TN once, it's really just not a practical option. Your options are essentially a flight or CCST.

Edit: Yeah, I just checked. Louisville to Seattle is about 300 on student universe.

Argive on
  • Options
    WormdundeeWormdundee Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I'm curious what your aversion to the CCST is all about.
    I live far too close to Seattle to be in the CCST, but I hear from all the people that have done it, that it is great fun. Certainly cheaper than 500 bucks to get there.

Hell, you might not even have to drive yourself depending on how many people you have and if there are other peoples cars still available.

Wormdundee on
This discussion has been closed.