As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Using a DE Safety Razor

RUNN1NGMANRUNN1NGMAN Registered User regular
edited April 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
I noticed that a lot of people here shave with safety razors, and I have a quick (and possibly dumb) question.

I just picked up a Merkur Heavy Duty, and I'm already pretty familiar with wet shaving, using a shaving brush, etc. My question is how do you go about using both edges evenly, or do you just not worry about it? Is there a practical reason for having two edges, besides it just being a more efficient use of the blade?

RUNN1NGMAN on

• Options
    ImprovoloneImprovolone Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I wouldn't freak out about using both sides evenly. Hell, I replace my blades every 10 shaves or so.
    I imagine its just a benefit of design having another edge to use before you have to rinse a blade.

Improvolone on
    Voice actor for hire. My time is free if your project is!
  • Options
    TrippyDKTrippyDK Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    He would be correct. The only benefit is there's less time spent rinsing, more time spent shaving. Blades are so cheap I really wouldnt worry about evenly wearing down both sides. When one side starts to pull or drag, toss it.

TrippyDK on
  • Options
    RUNN1NGMANRUNN1NGMAN Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Cool, thanks.

RUNN1NGMAN on