As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Stuck on Flash CS4

pogo mudderpogo mudder Registered User regular
edited April 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
Right In the middle of doing some animation coursework. I drew a little ball, made it into a motion tween and moved it. What I want to do is now add to the drawing now thats its been moved, but I can't draw onto a motion tween. I've tried deleting the tween but this just deletes the ball and its motion frames altogether. Probably a simple solution but i'm a bit of a newbie, thanks:)

what a work of art is man, and the most boring choice you can make
pogo mudder on

• Options
    narv107narv107 Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    If you turned the ball into a movie clip or a graphic symbol when you tweened it you can double click on it to edit the object that is tweened. If you just created a circle shape and then tweened it you probably have two graphic symbol instances in your library which will make it harder to update now.

Before I tween anything in the timeline I make sure that I've converted it to a movieclip or graphic symbol. It's a pretty good rule of thumb when you're animating via the timeline.

narv107 on
  • Options
    pogo mudderpogo mudder Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    okay cheers man, thanks for the tip

pogo mudder on
    what a work of art is man, and the most boring choice you can make