As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mini-Phalla] The Ten Phallamandments-- Game Over! Hebrew & Nefertiri Victory

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Trust wrote: »
    And Burnage, I'm sorry I killed you at the last, I didn't expect it to go through, and just wanted to see what would happen.

No worries, you did a great job of staying under the radar. I probably owe Toxic a grudge vote for not watching my back. :P

Burnage on
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Burnage wrote: »
    Figgy wrote: »
    According to that message board, I was killed because I was not "sheep-like" enough. I was not "controversial." Yet.. being controversial got you killed by the vote as well... how does a Hebrew survive?

I killed you because all the posts I saw by you were literally "I'm voting for x because Moses says so". That got me suspicious.

I was mostly firing blind at a clump of targets, don't take it personally.

I thought it was the Egyptians. Damn you, Moses! I trusted you. :|

I guess there isn't much you can do as a regular villager.. just sit there and vote and maybe get killed.

Is there any other strategy? Should villagers maybe fake being someone important to try to get guarded... but that would likely end in a vote to kill me..

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    And to finally answer your question, Burnage.

Yes. There was always the chance for the Egyptians to win. Especially since you admitted in the thread that you didnt' have a clue.

If Trust coudl have flown under the radar enough until everybody killed everybody else, he could have theoretically won.

Also, had the game gone through until the 10th Plague (9 nights), things would have gotten interesting.

That would have been the absolutely last night of the game. Had Moses still been alive at that point, the Hebrews would have won. Had Moses been dead, then the Hebrews would have lost. Had it happened that it was Night 9, Trust died, and Burnage died...

Hylian would have won.

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    LightRiderLightRider __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2009
    LightRider, you have no reason to be yelling at him!

I mean.... Your first few choices for searching. I wanted to smack you soooooo hard.

And in case anybody asks, no I do not have a spreadsheet. I'm not that advanced yet.
    I suppose my choices weren't stellar, but I didn't vote himself out...

LightRider on
  • Options
    LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Infidel wrote: »
    FWD being killable only to the vote and then his own vote-counts-double power allowing his self-vote to kill himself is just ... lol?

I am curious what you were thinking FWD. :)

Especially voting for himself when there were a whack of people tied at one and then the Vote Leader in 1st. Wow.

lol

LaOs on
  • Options
    TrustTrust Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Oh god, I just read back on the pro-board to when I completely lost it after we killed FWD by mistake. Good times.

Trust on
    We Stand Ready
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Admittedly, I should have taken the vote off of Hb and put it on burnage to tie it up at least...had I known that he even registered a damned vote on himself...which wasn't even highlighted and our spreadsheeter totally missed...ARGH!

So many grudges!

LightRider on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    LightRider wrote: »
    Admittedly, I should have taken the vote off of Hb and put it on burnage to tie it up at least...had I known that he even registered a damned vote on himself...which wasn't even highlighted and our spreadsheeter totally missed...ARGH!

So many grudges!

I didn't "miss" anything! :P

It's not my fault lonelyahava actually counted the vote. I only found out she did that after the Vote closed, but it wouldn't have helped then anyway.

LaOs on
  • Options
    piLpiL Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Dathan-- (Lawinator)
    The Hebrew Overseer. You would betray your mother for the right price. Hebrew or Egyptian, you do not care who is in charge of you or under your thumb, so long as you are being paid and cared for in the way that you deem fit. There is one thing, one person, who has always eluded you. And you will claim her at any costs. On night 3, you must choose with whom to throw your lot in with, Hebrew or Egyptian. Based upon this decision, another option will become available to you.

I would like to know more about this. What power did he get by going hebrew? What would he have gotten for going egyptian?

piL on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Clearly, it's all ahava's fault.

LightRider on
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    piL wrote: »
    Dathan-- (Lawinator)
    The Hebrew Overseer. You would betray your mother for the right price. Hebrew or Egyptian, you do not care who is in charge of you or under your thumb, so long as you are being paid and cared for in the way that you deem fit. There is one thing, one person, who has always eluded you. And you will claim her at any costs. On night 3, you must choose with whom to throw your lot in with, Hebrew or Egyptian. Based upon this decision, another option will become available to you.

I would like to know more about this. What power did he get by going hebrew? What would he have gotten for going egyptian?

He didn't actually get anything from being Hebrew. Had he gone Egyptian, he would have been able to convert you to being Egyptian. Which would have (possibly) given the Bad Guys an in on the Good network.

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    piLpiL Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    That's actually pretty neat.

piL on
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Which would have been useful if there had been a good network.

The mafia only getting one kill a night meant that I was incredibly worried about things like thralls. I told the thread Hylian's role, obviously, and Dac Vin that Toxic was the guard - but apart from that, no details. When the game got into its final days I sent some of the seered a list of still-suspicious players. Apart from that, zero communication.

Burnage on
  • Options
    ExarchExarch Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Yeah fun game Ahava, and great narrations from Krata.

Simple yet fun, it only got dull because the village was doing too well. All the Nef discussion and whatnot was entertaining. I'm glad I can point to this game when people bring up the neutral issue again. A perfect example of how to work with neutrals.

Exarch on
    No gods or kings, only man.
    LoL: BunyipAristocrat
  • Options
    HylianbunnyHylianbunny Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Exarch wrote: »
    All the Nef discussion and whatnot was entertaining.

Says you.

D:

Hylianbunny on
  • Options
    ExarchExarch Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    lol, HB it reminded me of Gehenna where we were Inconnu together. I argued in your favor because I know how we played that game, and def remember how nerve wracking it is to be a true neutral.

Exarch on
    No gods or kings, only man.
    LoL: BunyipAristocrat
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    well yes. But when I was writing up the PMs, I wasn't expecting you to be THAT paranoid, Burnage.

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    HylianbunnyHylianbunny Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Exarch wrote: »
    lol, HB it reminded me of Gehenna where we were Inconnu together. I argued in your favor because I know how we played that game, and def remember how nerve wracking it is to be a true neutral.

And I totally appreciate that. :lol:

Hylianbunny on
  • Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I was the town drunk

M.D. on
  • Options
    DaiusDaius Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Lightrider wrote:
    Everything that Lightrider said during the entire course of the phalla.

Facepalm.jpg. Seriously, that inept? I can't believe one of the justifications for my bandwagon was voting for you two days in a row when you were clearly evil.

Still, once again, better I got voted off than Hylianbunny. But next time don't vote someone off who submitted a flawed argument in support of not voting off neutrals, in order not to vote off a neutral.

Daius on
    bigbosssig.png
  • Options
    GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Good game, guys. Thanks for bringing me in off the bench.

GrimmyTOA on
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    See, Trust, this is why you really need to double-check your vote before you post it!

simonwolf on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    My plan would have worked if not for everything else being horribly horribly wrong...

LightRider on
  • Options
    TrustTrust Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I was tired and drunk and in a rush! But as it played out, I would have been dead or seered the next night anyway, so the game was over already, bar the formalities.

Trust on
    We Stand Ready
  • Options
    Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    If anything, I got to thank you for nearly always killing someone not part of the network. Made my job so much easier. :P

Dac Vin on
  • Options
    zenpotatozenpotato Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    That was a fun one. It's always interesting to survive an entire game as a villager, especially one "outside" the proto-network. I'm not sure if I was actually ever seered, but I don't think I was ever a target of suspicion.

Hi5 good guys! Time to start worshiping a golden calf.

zenpotato on
  • Options
    Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    zenpotato wrote: »
    That was a fun one. It's always interesting to survive an entire game as a villager, especially one "outside" the proto-network. I'm not sure if I was actually ever seered, but I don't think I was ever a target of suspicion.

Hi5 good guys! Time to start worshiping a golden calf.

You were seered on day 2, and thus a part of the proto-network - but as Burnage said, we were deathly scared about thralls so I didn't contact you directly.

Dac Vin on
  • Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Sorry Burn, I didn't have any internet access last night and forgot to send in my guard before I left work.

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Toxic Toys wrote: »
    Sorry Burn, I didn't have any internet access last night and forgot to send in my guard before I left work.

I was hoping there would be no Guard, what with our limited ability... I would have been wrong on that one, too.

LaOs on
  • Options
    KrataLightbladeKrataLightblade Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I just want to say I'm very sorry about missing the last two narrations.

One thing you all should know about ANY game I narrate: the narrations will always always reflect the actual in-game happenings. For those who are paying special attention this can give you clues, though rarely am I moroniuc enough to actually out anyone or something.

EVen so, I had great fun with the narrations I did, and I'm really sorry I didn't get to do the last couple of nights. Being sick and passing out around 9 PM makes writing narrations at midnight next to impossible. I tried, on most nights, to start pre-writing the narrations around 11, and then revising them if necessary (it was only necessary once... you people were very nice about not doing last minute action changes!).

You guys wait 'till Ahava and I run the main we've got planned.

It's going to be epic. In the biblical sense.

Glad you all enjoyed the game.

KrataLightblade on
    LEVEL 50 SWORD JUGGLER/WIZARD!
  • Options
    KrataLightbladeKrataLightblade Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Oh, one other thing.

The Mafia not being more powerful is my fault. I'm sorry about that. I had this horrible fear that if the Mafia had another kill from day 1, or had more members, the game would almost certainly swing too far into their favor... As it turns out, everything they COULD have done to boost themselves up, they didn't. In retrospect I shouldn't have advised Ahava against giving Ramses his own kill from day 1, or possibly alternately should've suggested she have Ramses searching for his Charioteers rather than the other way around, to give him more likelihood of succeeding...

Still, live and learn.

And guys?

Good job not killing the neutral. Ahava and I are not fond of the "it's a neutral kill it before it breeds!" way of thinking that's been prevalent since the Gehenna phalla (which, coincidentally, I also helped design many of the mechanics for... huh...)

Anyway. If anyone needs a narration-writer, drop me a PM, or better yet, an IM. My IMs are all in my profile.

KrataLightblade on
    LEVEL 50 SWORD JUGGLER/WIZARD!
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    hmmmm before it breeds....

That's an idea....

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    zenpotatozenpotato Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    hmmmm before it breeds....

That's an idea....

Alien vs. Predator Phalla?

zenpotato on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Nah, just a breeding neutral...

this will take some thinking....

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    The neutral witchhunt thing is my fault in that everyone forgot the why and just focused on the how... lynch em all! :|

Hence all the /facepalming that game, and not just about the neutrals. :lol:

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    So I can blame my death on you?

bad Infy!

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Probably not. You can probably blame your death on village stupidity. :lol:

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    hmm Nah.. I blame you!

rarggghhh

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I blame everyone who isn't me. Solves a lot of problems.

LightRider on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    This just hit me:

Was my "bondage set" idea ever included in the narration? :P

Dac Vin on