As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Twilight Imperium] The Dawn of a New Age - GAME OVER, PAX MENTAKIA

• Options
    DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I thought fighter support was automatically checked continuously, except during battles. I did miss the fact that two carriers were there, though.

And yeah, declaring my PASS out of turn to try to speed things up.

Darian on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Naalu - [strike]Production[/strike]
    Jol-Nar - [strike]Leadership[/strike] PASS
    Sol - [strike]Diplomacy[/strike]
    Mentak - [strike]Assembly[/strike] PASS
    L1z1x - [strike]Warfare[/strike] PASS
    Letnev - [strike]Technology[/strike] PASS

Naalu, then Sol, then Naalu, then Sol, etc.

Darian on
  • Options
    crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Darian wrote: »
    I thought fighter support was automatically checked continuously, except during battles.

Just looked it up, and that's correct. I was wrong :(

crimsoncoyote on
  • Options
    HermenegildeHermenegilde Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    There should be 8 GFs on Druaa...

Activate Quann, move 1 carrier from Lodor w/2 fighters, via home pick up 4 GFs on Druaa,
    Drop 1 GF on Quann

Hermenegilde on
  • Options
    SpectralSporkSpectralSpork Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Pass

SpectralSpork on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Naalu until you pass

Darian on
  • Options
    edited August 2009

Activate Lodor ,
    Move Carrier (w/5fighters) and cruiser from Lodor to home pick up 2 GFs from Druaa.
    Then back to Lodor
    Drop both on Lodor

Pass
    For once, I believe, glory does NOT ensue...

Hermenegilde on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Status phase?

Claim "I have a tech of each color." Two CC in command.

Darian on
  • Options
    Orange SodaOrange Soda Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    2 CCs in Command

Orange Soda on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    No claim :(
    2ccs in command

Hermenegilde on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    1 CC in Strategy, 1 in Command

crimsoncoyote on
  • Options
    SpectralSporkSpectralSpork Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    2 in COmmand, 1 in Strategy

SpectralSpork on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    And... letnev

Darian on
  • Options
    RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Exaust Arc Prime, Mecatol Rex, Mehar Xull, Mellon, Qucen'n, and Zohbat.
    Claim I now spend 10 resources.
    2 Counters in Command.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RendRend Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I will update the map this morning. Until then, feel free to start the strategy phase.

Jol-Nar
    Mentak
    L1z1x
    Sol
    Letnev
    Naalu

Rend on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Jol-Nar should have gotten some trade goods for all the neutral planets we invaded last round (Quaan, Lodor, Xxehan), unless you already did that.

Darian on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Jol-Nar should have gotten some trade goods for all the neutral planets we invaded last round (Quaan, Lodor, Xxehan), unless you already did that.

No, haven't yet, I know I missed a couple of them, but I'll go back through it.

Regardless though, I'll update the map if I need to this morning, but I'd like to complete the strategy phase first.

Rend on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    That being said though, everyone's hands have been updated.

Rend on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Discardin' up ins:

Skilled Retreat
    -Choose one of your fleets that is participating in a space battle. Place a command counter from your reinforcements in a friendly or empty unactivated system adjacent to that fleet. Move the chosen fleet into that system.
    -PLAY: Before any round of a space battle.

In the silence of space
    -Choose one of your fleets. All ships in that fleet with a movement of 2 or more can pass through, but not stop in, a system occupied by enemy ships during this activation.
    -PLAY: Immediately after activating a system with a command counter.

Direct hit!
    -Destroy one damaged dreadnought or war sun.
    -PLAY: Immediately after the ship has been damaged.

Bureaucracy

crimsoncoyote on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    And... that's game over, folks.

(8) Bureaucracy
    Special
    After selecting this Strategy Card, reveal cards from the Objective deck equal to the number of Bonus Counters on this card.

Top objective ends the game.

Darian on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    In the silence of space...

The Twilight has lifted. The galaxy was once at war, with the custodians of Mecatol Rex calling all of the great races to vie for the Imperial Throne.

...But that time is over now.

It is the dawn of a new age.

Pax Mentakia

mentak.gif

Epilogue-

The delegates filed silently into the Senate Chamber. Speaking wasn't prohibited... not yet, anyway. Rather, simply nobody had anything to say. A familiar sight awaited them inside the chamber, Emperor Darian, Lord of Mecatol Rex and leader of the New Coalition of Worlds, sat in his throne and looked upon the empty, but rapidly filling room.

Soon it would be filled with the delegates from each of the galaxy's major worlds, and the senate would begin.

However, not all was as it should be.

The Mentak Coalition had won the Great War, and as they say, to the victor goes the spoils. Not ones for particularly fair play ever before, they weren't about to start now. The chamber would begin its processions, Emperor Darian at the head, but it was merely formality. Each of the delegates, particularly those from the Academies of Jol-Nar and the L1z1x Mindnet, knew what truly would happen.

There would be no votes, or at the very least, no accurate counting.

Emperor Darian was just that, the Emperor. Lord and master of all his domain, which included the entire galaxy.

He thought to himself a moment this day, about all that had happened in the past, and how he'd gotten where he was today. It had been a difficult conflict, and the Mentak Coalition enjoyed now a golden age of which they'd only dreamed.

He chuckled momentarily to himself, whispering.

"...To the victor goes the spoils."

1 Bonus counter on Bureaucracy. Objective flipped:

Imperium Rex! Game is OVER.

There are 3 players at 7 VP: Naalu, Mentak, Letnev. Mentak and Naalu tie for most objectives resolved. Mentak, having most planets, wins the second tiebreaker.

CONGRATULATIONS, DARIAN. VICTORY IS YOURS.

Rend on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    What a ride, guys. Feel free to discuss- and if you were a bystander, feel free to post. This thread is fair game from here on out.

Rend on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I only have one thing to say : damn you CC for Kingmaking :P

Hermenegilde on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I only have one thing to say : damn you CC for Kingmaking :P

There was no other choice!
    The plan was to take something else using Strategic Flexibility.
    Oh well.
    It was certainly something.
    Grats, Darian...

Just wait, though, Jol-Nar will rise from the ashes!
    Or might have, given more time.

crimsoncoyote on
  • Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I've been following this game for ... well, for a while, and it was great. Some really canny play, all very well managed by Rend. Well played to you all!

Iron Weasel on
    Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I was all set to swoop in on Null and grab my secret objective next round, if somehow we had been blocked from Bureaucracy again.
    Great playing with all of you; we kept the game moving throughout. Rend, thanks for your patience and all the time you put into making this happen for us; it was a blast.

Darian on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    My last hand of action cards was pretty awesome, I must say.

I was actually planning on invading your home system given one more round, Darian. :P

crimsoncoyote on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Well, actually, I kinda made a LOT of mistakes. But it was FUN.

And CC : Mentak was the one who tried to invade your home :P

Hermenegilde on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Nice job everyone. I will be starting the next game shortly, and will bump the recruitment thread when it is about read to go.

I wanna say thanks to SS for attacking me all game. It was def. fun to try to win while a player is dedicating their full army against you.

My secret objective was one of the easiest ones, but due to the nebula in front of me I needed to make a quick grab for mecatol early to try for it.

It was [2]Diversified: I control Mecatol Rex, I have a space dock here, and I have at least 2 Technology advances in each of three different colors.

I almost got it twice, and after that, what with SS attacking me and all, I really didn't have any forces to dedicate to moving their.

I am nearly positive that if I would have been able to grab my secret objective when I was trying to, I could have been in a much better spot.

I shouldn't have trusted SS to honor the non-military zone on saudor (normally i just keep a fleet there, but that became difficult with deep space cannon).

Also any criticism from anyone about ways to run stuff better will be appreciated, as I could try to fix/incorporate different stuff into the other game.

Orange Soda on
  • Options
    edited August 2009

I was actually planning on invading your home system given one more round, Darian. :P

Yeah, I was expecting that last round. I breathed a huge sigh of relief when you passed, and another one when Letnev passed.

Darian on
  • Options
    edited August 2009

Yeah, I was expecting that last round. I breathed a huge sigh of relief when you passed, and another one when Letnev passed.

I couldn't do it with In the Silence of Space, and no one could get Techs (I did poorly on that political agenda, but I think I realized the restriction on ItSoS after it was voted on), which I wanted for Light/Wave.

crimsoncoyote on
  • Options
    edited August 2009

All cowards. :P

Hermenegilde on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Thank you, guys. I had a lot of fun managing and hosting- it's a good time to be able to commend sarcastically on the goings on of the game without having a stake in it!

And thanks one more time to MrBlarney, for his mappy goodness. Without that we would have been significantly worse off. SIGNIFICANTLY.

Rend on
  • Options
    edited August 2009

I couldn't do it with In the Silence of Space, and no one could get Techs (I did poorly on that political agenda, but I think I realized the restriction on ItSoS after it was voted on), which I wanted for Light/Wave.

I was expecting that vote to go the other way; trading in techs for extra trade goods would be the only way to get the last two objectives for most of us (spend 20 influence/spend 12 trade goods).

Darian on
  • Options
    edited August 2009

I was expecting that vote to go the other way; trading in techs for extra trade goods would be the only way to get the last two objectives for most of us (spend 20 influence/spend 12 trade goods).

Yeah, I should have voted the other way. I made many glaring errors this game.

crimsoncoyote on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    If anyone is curious, http://mentak.proboards.com/ is the proboard Grimmy set up for us to use. I still wish he could have gotten comfortable enough with the game to stick with me.
    <3 Grimmy

Darian on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Rend, do you mind emailing me all the SS's you were using?

Orange Soda on
  • Options
    RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Awesome job hosting this Rend. Game went very smooth for how long it lasted. 121 pages of gaming (+ this page and the few to follow) is great. Very little down time ever. And because of how awesome this was I bought the actual game, too. :)

I can't believe that I tied for first. I really never thought I had a chance. Very fun, though.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Ryadic wrote: »
    Awesome job hosting this Rend. Game went very smooth for how long it lasted. 121 pages of gaming (+ this page and the few to follow) is great. Very little down time ever. And because of how awesome this was I bought the actual game, too. :)

I can't believe that I tied for first. I really never thought I had a chance. Very fun, though.

I gotta say :

POWER TO THE NOOBS !

Hermenegilde on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Ryadic wrote: »

Holding on to Mecatol Rex for much of the game helps; you did a great job storming back, though.

Darian on