As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Seeking a 1394 Network Adapter driver (solved)

cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm RegentBears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
Semi-crossover from this thread, recently reinstalled Windows on a new partition, and I need to recover all my drivers.

The one that's eluding me the most is the 1394 Network Adapter Driver(for a Compaq SR1820NX Presario). Any leads?

wVEsyIc.png
cj iwakura on

• Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    That's for connecting to other computers over Firewire (IEEE-1394).

I doubt you need it. It's definitely not your actual (W)LAN connection.

Is it actually showing up as uninstalled, or is it installed and coming up as "1394 Network Adapter" and you're wondering why it's not working? Because that would be normal.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    It's installed, but there's no IP address connected to it. According to two different AT&T techs I spoke with(who actually seemed to know what they were talking about, shockingly), I need to redownload the driver for it.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I wouldn't expect an IP address to be assigned to it, this is perfectly normal.

What problem are you having exactly?

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    Dark ShroudDark Shroud Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I'm just going to put this out there since I didn't notice your OS. MS has dropped tcp over 1394, it is not supported in Vista or Win7. So unless Novel writes an app or some other third party it will no longer be possible to network using Firewire.

Dark Shroud on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    The problem was solved. I guess the techs were wrong after all. :P According to a friend, the network just wasn't setup properly. So, lock away. Thanks all.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png