Options

General Questions / Advice

Aroused BullAroused Bull Registered User regular
edited December 2006 in Critical Failures
I theorise that there are probably a lot of small questions people would like answered or ideas for which they seek opinions that don't fit into the existing threads, but aren't important enough to merit their own new thread. Rather than waiting for a number of different threads to be created which will hopefully match up with the subjects people want to talk about, I'm making this thread so that anyone can post their trivial concerns here.

To start things off and provide an example: I'm currently designing an urban section of my D&D campaign, and I've come up with a particular character for the PCs to face. He's a cleric of Ares living in a slum complex, who uses his spells to imbue a large number of normally harmless beggars (to whom he preaches) with greater courage, damage potential and 'to hit' bonuses, and incites them to fanatically attack the party. My question is: is this cool enough of a concept to elevate to a special encounter somewhere later in the campaign, rather than leaving it as an unimportant encounter as it is now? I don't like to see the idea possibly go to waste as a small bump the party can overcome with relative ease or maybe even bypass, but there isn't really any place for it as a plot encounter in my plan of events right up until the party leave the city, so if I delay the encounter I'll be waiting for a long time before I can eventually use it. I also don't like "saving" all my ideas for important plot-related events when they could be used right now. What do you think?

Aroused Bull on

• Options
    INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Actually, I think well-thought-out and unique fights like that serving as 'nothing' fights is a pretty cool idea. Shows you put more thought into even the little stuff than '1d4 thugs attack'

INeedNoSalt on