As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

OS X Leopard 10.6.5 Netbios / smb shares suddenly broken.

stigweardstigweard Registered User regular
I was browsing some windows shares when I noticed that the folder wasn't refreshing with the proper contents. So I disconnected, but it will no longer connect by the machine name anymore, only the ip. I restarted os x and all of the shared locations disappeared and now I can't access anything. Anyone know what I need to do to get it working again?

stigweard on

• Options
    edited April 2009
    Shares are back, and it turns out part of the problem is Vista. If you add new files and folders into a previously shared folder, only the folders appear - the files will appear to be missing.

stigweard on
  • Options
    ChewyWafflesChewyWaffles Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    So you fixed this? I noticed the other day that I can't see any of my smb shares on my mac. What did you do to fix the problem?

ChewyWaffles on
    mwf2sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I dug around and found a thread that said to turn off configure ipv6 in the tcp/ip settings. I thought it was strange, but it worked. SMB was fine after that. Apparently smb only supports ipv4 in Leopard and even though my local network was ipv4, it was messing up smb.

stigweard on