As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Is it just me...Latest PA Comic

KwornKworn Registered User regular
edited April 2009 in Debate and/or Discourse
Or did anyone find that this was done in bad taste?

RIP Nirvana, long time fan :|

Kworn on

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    That's their typical humor, so I thought.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    It was fine.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    it took you this long to get offended by any of their comics? :o

Aldo on
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    It was 200 years ago. Let go man, let go.

EDIT - Too soon?

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    AstraphobiaAstraphobia Lightning Bolt! Lightning Bolt! Root! Sleep! Death!Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    By their expressions, it seems they too are disturbed.

Better than death by ham sandwich. RIP Momma Cass.

Astraphobia on
  • Options
    Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2009
    7 years is the rule. If it happened more than 7 years ago, it is universally okay to make fun of, no matter how tragic.

Premier kakos on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Cantido wrote: »

EDIT - Too soon?

I dont think time has anything to do with this. Would you say that to all 2000 people that died in the world trade centre? No, but because this guy committed suicide it's ok that it was a while ago and now we can have a laugh about it.

Kworn on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    You are reading the wrong comic if you're offended by off the wall humor like that.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Kworn wrote: »

EDIT - Too soon?

I dont think time has anything to do with this. Would you say that to all 2000 people that died in the world trade centre? No, but because this guy committed suicide it's ok that it was a while ago and now we can have a laugh about it.

You can have a laugh about anything. You have to. The horror of existing in this world would be unbearable if you could not deflect it.

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    edited April 2009

EDIT - Too soon?

Actually, we should and are making jokes about 9/11.

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    7 years is the rule. If it happened more than 7 years ago, it is universally okay to make fun of, no matter how tragic.

Yeh lets have a laugh at all 10,000,000+ jews that were killed during WW2 because that was over 7 years ago, WTF?

Kworn on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    More 0 to Godwin in 12 posts, congratulations!

*e: and we totally are making jokes about WWII, how else are we going to digest it, by never talking about again unless it is for the purpose of crying?

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Aldo wrote: »

EDIT - Too soon?

Actually, we should and are making jokes about 9/11.

Well I live in the UK and hang around with a lot of sick minded individuals and have never heard a joke about that.

Kworn on
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    How long did it take someone to make that pic of a guy smiling on top of the tower with a plane photoshopped in the background?

I thought that was pretty funny.

Scooter on
  • Options
    iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Welcome to the internet, Kworn. You'll find quite a lot of stuff like that here. If you find this humor to be in bad taste, perhaps it's not for you.

iTunesIsEvil on
  • Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

Yeh lets have a laugh at all 10,000,000+ jews that were killed during WW2 because that was over 7 years ago, WTF?

Lets.

wazilla on
    Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

EDIT - Too soon?

I don't think the joke is meant to be directed towards Kurt Cobain's suicide, they really could have picked any rock star who died young (Hendrix, Sid Vicious etc.) and it'll still be the same joke. I do think they picked Cobain because it would make people a little unsure if they should laugh though, which just makes it better.

Diarmuid on
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    wazilla wrote: »

Lets.

Time for a lolocaust

Scooter on
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

Lets.

We'll call it the Ho-Ho-Holocaust.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

Oh, so the homosexuals, gypsies and the like don't matter now. Is that how it is.

Leitner on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Scooter wrote: »

Lets.

Time for a lolocaust

:^:

bowen on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Diarmuid wrote: »

EDIT - Too soon?

I don't think the joke is meant to be directed towards Kurt Cobain's suicide, they really could have picked any rock star who died young (Hendrix, Sid Vicious etc.) and it'll still be the same joke. I do think they picked Cobain because it would make people a little unsure if they should laugh though, which just makes it better.

They coud have done it in better taste, say with one button on the guitar controller because people used to think the music was very simplistic?

Kworn on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    So do we not read the Comic titles, or the front page? Because they directly address this.

Also, I thought Kobain killed himself with a rifle, not a shotgun.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Comedy= Tragedy + Time. I thought everyone knew this.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Diarmuid wrote: »

EDIT - Too soon?

They coud have done it in better taste, say with one button on the guitar controller because people used to think the music was very simplistic?

And then you wouldn't be offended by the shotgun? o_O

Aldo on
  • Options
    iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Leitner wrote: »

Oh, so the homosexuals, gypsies and the like don't matter now. Is that how it is.
    Gypsies like to wander; maybe they just wandered off. Who's to say that they were systematically killed off? C'mon now, lets not make assumptions!

iTunesIsEvil on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited April 2009

GODWIN PROTOCOL INVOKED

THREAD SHUTDOWN IMMINENT

Echo on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited April 2009
This discussion has been closed.