As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Making an image background transparent

Zodiac BraveZodiac Brave Registered User regular
edited December 2006 in Help / Advice Forum
This is probably a pretty simple matter, but all I have to work with is MS Paint and, well, I don't know how to do it.

I'd like this image's background to be transparent:

gse_multipart14991.jpg

instead of being a tannish color. How do I go about doing that, and/or can someone do it for me?

Thanks.

<3

Zodiac Brave on

• Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    This is probably a pretty simple matter, but all I have to work with is MS Paint and, well, I don't know how to do it.

I'd like this image's background to be transparent:

gse_multipart14991.jpg

instead of being a tannish color. How do I go about doing that, and/or can someone do it for me?

Thanks.

<3

Firstly the image is broken. Second, paint can't do transparency. You'll have to get gimp or some other program. It takes a bit of work but it's pretty easy. Use the magic wand to select the area you want invisible, right click and set as background transparency or something to that sort.

Icemopper on
  • Options
    Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    gse_multipart14991.gif

Shazam

EDIT: there, that should be better.

Seattle Thread on
    kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • Options
    robaalrobaal Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Get Paint.NET:

http://www.getpaint.net

I always just cut out the stuff I want transparent. I think most programs will show you transparent areas as a gray/black checkerboard.

I think you'll have to save the file as .png or .gif for it to remain transparent.

robaal on
    "Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra when suddenly it flips over, pinning you underneath.
    At night, the ice weasels come."

• Options
    Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Yes, JPEG files can't do transparency.

Seattle Thread on
    kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • Options
    Zodiac BraveZodiac Brave Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    <3<3<3

Zodiac Brave on