As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Mysterious nausea?

lyriumlyrium Registered User regular
edited April 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
No, I'm not pregnant.

With that out of the way, I have this really odd situation where occasionally my belly will hurt for a couple of hours until I finally vomit, and then it's okay afterward. The weird part? This only ever happens when I'm at work.

I work from 8 pm to 12:30 in the cafeteria at my school on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
My work uniform is a normal material, it has happened when I have eaten and when I have not eaten, it has happened when I work at the counter or in the dish room, and it has happened when I've worn latex gloves and when I've worn vinyl gloves, so I don't think it's any of those variables.

Could it have something to do with standing for a long period of time?

Does anyone have any ideas?

lyrium on

• Options
    EskimoDaveEskimoDave Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I heard recently that some local businesses have installed a mosquito teen deterrent. It was making employees at neighbouring businesses feeling sick and nauseated. Though you work in a school, so I doubt its one of those, but it could be a sound or something in the air. Not something you can conscientiously notice.

EskimoDave on
  • Options
    lyriumlyrium Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    That's a thought, but I figured it wasn't anything about the environment of the room because I eat there every day.

lyrium on
  • Options
    CelestialBadgerCelestialBadger Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Maybe you are stressed?

CelestialBadger on
  • Options
    NinyuNinyu Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Ninyu on
    "It would be cool if you lived with a monster, you would never get hiccups." - Mitch Hedburg
  • Options
    jhunter46jhunter46 Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Could also be IBS.

jhunter46 on
  • Options
    FantasmaFantasma Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    jhunter46 wrote: »
    Could also be IBS.

I really don't think so, IBS is normally a bowel problem (intestinal).

Fantasma on
    Hear my warnings, unbelievers. We have raised altars in this land so that we may sacrifice you to our gods. There is no hope in opposing the inevitable. Put down your arms, unbelievers, and bow before the forces of Chaos!
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Do you drink alcohol the night before?

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    jhunter46jhunter46 Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Fantasma wrote: »
    jhunter46 wrote: »
    Could also be IBS.

I really don't think so, IBS is normally a bowel problem (intestinal).

Nausea is a common symptom of IBS, in fact it's the most prevalent symptom for me.

jhunter46 on